1

Alcohol Speaks

 

Sunggyu knew something was wrong the moment he opened his eyes. He was sleeping on the floor, not the bed, with a half Howon using his stomach as a pillow. On top of that, Sunggyu's head was pounding and he only had his underwear on.
 
"Yah! Get up! Class is gonna start!" Sunggyu kicked Howon awake while putting on some clothes. It was a compromising situation that he didn't have an explanation for if someone walked in on them. Sunggyu could already hear the gossip and rumors.
 
"Its still early. Go back to sleep." Howon grunted and rolled over, going back to sleep. Sunggyu shoved his laptop into his backpack and rushed out, not bothering to wake Howon up. That kid could go clubbing every night and still get a 4.0.
 
As he jogged-ran to his class, Sunggyu knew that his headache that morning only meant one thing. 
 
He got wasted last night. 
 
If anyone was asked to describe Kim Sunggyu with one word, it'll be old-fashioned. Not that anyone was ever asked, but that was what his classmates and non school friends called him. From a young age, Sunggyu believed that alcohol could turn even the most respectable men into vile creatures. Hence, unless it was a special occasion, Sunggyy never had more than one shot of alcohol. All he remebered from last night were colourful bright lights and Howon saying something about not being a . 
 
As Sunggyu approaced the lecture block, he noticed other students (mostly girls) looking at him. Those looks ranged from longing glances to blatant starts, which was accompanied by whispering and girlish giggles. Sunggyu went into Creeped Out mode when his classmates begin to catcall and wolf-whistle the moment he stepped in. His classmate Lee Sungyeol came and gave him five for a reason Sunggyu couldn't quite understand.
 
But the 'best' was still to come.
 
When Sunggyu entered his quantum physics class, a pair of eyes zeroed in on him. 
 
Nam Woohyun, the iest guy on campus and also the person Sunggyu had a crush on, was looking at him. 
 
In all those months of his man crush (8 to be exact), Sunggyu had not have any int with Woohyun (accept that one time when Sunngyy turned around to lend Woohyun one of his pens just because dropped his). 
 
As Sunggyu walked to his seat at the front, he could feel Woohyun eyes burning a hole at his back. When he reach his seat, his partner Myungsoo glanced at him and sniggered. 
 
Now Sunggyu was in full panic mode. He and Myungsoo has been lab partners for about a year and all he ever seen was that boy's blank/poker/cool face. 
 
Until now. 
 
Sunggyu's phone vibrated twice, indicating that he had received a new message.
 
From: Hoya
Come back to our room now. You will want to see this.
 
Sunggyu started at the text.
 
"What the hell is 'this' suppose to mean?!" Sunggyu though gritted his teeth, clearly frustrated. However, he had a feeling that whatever 'this' was, and the sudden attention he was getting were all somehow related. After a mental battle, Sunggyu left the lecture hall and ran for the dorm.
 
"Whats going on?" Sunggyu burst through the door, panting heavily from that run. 
 
Hoya paused the video he was laughing crazily a moment ago "how was your day ancestor nim?" Hoya smirked.
 
"Seriously Howon?!" 
 
"Don't shout Sunggyu. You'll just get more wrinkles and then you'll really be single for the rest. of. your. life..."
 
Sunggyu pinched the bridge of his nose. If he dealt with Howon fast enough, he'll be able to get back to his lecture. "What was it that you wanted to show me?"
 
Hoya brought his laptop and sat next to Sunggyu. A crappy phone video was playing and Sunggyu realise that it was taken at the bar slight off campus that most students frequented, and the  main focus was on him. He watched in horror as the clearly drunk him did a pefect catwalk down the beer counter, earning cheers, catcalls and wolf-whistles from the large crowd. Unable to stand anymore of it, Sunggyu stabbed the pause button. 
 
"Hey! The best part was coming." Howon laughed. 
 
"Do I even want to know what happend next?" Sunggyu burried his face in his hands.
 
"Well... Erm..." Howon rubbed the back of his neck. "Its better to see for yourself." 
 
Howon pried Sunggyu's hands away from his face and played the video. That man deserved the right to know what made him Mr Popz overnight.
 
"Please tell me that was my twin brother." Sunggyu moaned into his pillow. After an agonizing two minutes, the video cut off. 
 
"You know I had to replay the whole thing just to make sure it was you. I mean who would have thought that-"
 
"DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD!" 
 
"Thats you'll give Nam Woohyun a drunken !" Howon burst out laughing. "I didn't know you had such flexible, not to mention sensual hips." Howon wiped away the tears from his laughter outburst. 
 
"I hate you Lee Howon." Sunggyu groaned. 
 
"I'll remember that when you ask me to be your best man at your wedding." Howon winked and closed the room door, leaving Sunggyu to wallow in misery..