Chapter 08

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a rainy afternoon, Lucas is taking an examination for his classes today. He's a bit under the weather lately. Maybe because of what happened to the amusement park date with Jungwoo and for the past few days, Jungwoo haven't even come to the 'noon castle'. Lucas goes there every day in the afternoon but he didn't see Jungwoo there. Lucas thought that maybe Jungwoo is avoiding him. Lucas wants to talk to Jungwoo but he doesn't know his home address, he doesn't own a phone either. It makes Lucas irritated somehow because he's been with Jungwoo almost every day but he can't even know small details about Jungwoo. 

As classes finally finish, the rain still keeps on pouring as thunderstorms occur in the dark sky, not the usual afternoon that Lucas wanted. Lucas who is waiting for his personal butler, Mr. Kang. Lucas who takes his bag and look for something. He looked at the book that Jungwoo gave him. He took it out and looking at the book reminds him of Jungwoo then he remembers what Jungwoo said to him before.

-flashback-

Lucas: "What's with the rain? you don't like it?"

Jungwoo: "I actually like it though, I just don't like rain with thunderstorms. I have hunches whenever it rains or when the rain will drop. My hunches are always right. And I am always here witnessing the raindrops here."

Lucas: "What if the rain has thunderstorms, what will you do?" Jungwoo pointed out a pair of earphones and blanket.

Jungwoo: "I put on some music in my ears and hide in this blankets."

Lucas finds Jungwoo like a child but he somehow noticed that he keeps on smiling at him. And that rainy day, Lucas realizes that he somehow wants to protect Jungwoo. Jungwoo's childlike personality makes Lucas wants to protect him.

-end of flashback-

Lucas looked at the gates of the school, then he put on his hooded jacket and run as fast as he can. He doesn't have an umbrella with him. It's the first time in a while that he runs in the rain again, the last time that he ran from it was with a group of kids chasing after him. Lucas thought at that time that Jungwoo might be there, trying to overcome his fear alone. He thought that if he isn't there, he thought it's fine too because he never expects something in return. Lucas keeps on running, the place is somehow far from his school so it's a bit of hassle for Lucas to run from his school to 'noon castle'. 

Lucas finally arrives at the place, he is at the doorway, catching his breath as he tried to run as fast as he can. Wet uniform and jacket, dripping water from his hair, Lucas keep on looking for Jungwoo but he seems not there. He sweeps off his wet hair as he is still catching his breath from running. When suddenly he heard a sound from afar corner. Lucas went to it, he's thinking that Jungwoo might be there, scared, trying to pass the thunderstorm as the rain keeps on pouring hard. As Lucas, finally came to the area where he heard the sound. He saw Jungwoo who is hiding under the table as he is covering himself with a big white blanket. Lucas kneeled down, even though he has hesitations if Jungwoo wants to him there, he reaches for Jungwoo. Lucas felt that Jungwoo is scared as he is slightly shaking. Lucas tap Jungwoo again and called his name,

Lucas: "Jungwoo..."  

Jungwoo heard his name and he quickly took off the blanket. Jungwoo looks uncomfortable. 

Jungwoo: "Lucas!" 

Lucas' hand is still at Jungwoo and suddenly a sound of thunder occurs and Jungwoo got scared again. This time, instead of hiding himself in the blanket. Lucas embraced Jungwoo tightly.

Lucas: "I am sorry....you will get wet because of me."

Lucas is referring to himself because he got soaked in the rain. Jungwoo is covered by Lucas tight embrace. While Lucas embracing Jungwoo, Jungwoo asked Lucas

Jungwoo: "How did you know I am here?" 

Lucas: "Every afternoon I don't miss a day to go but you weren't here. When it rains and as thunderstorm occurs, I remember you. I guess it's my luck that you are here. I am glad I came here."

As the rain keeps on pouring and thunderstorms finally calm down. Lucas and Jungwoo who decided to stay in the main area where they always hang out. They are both quiet, haven't said any word. Lucas keeps on looking at Jungwoo and he clears his throat.

Lucas: "I am sorry....for making you uncomfortable." 

Jungwoo looked at Lucas intently and asked

Jungwoo: "To what?"

Lucas: "My confession...it mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter