Epilogue: A Surprise

The Cursed Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taemin! Where are you?" Hyoyeon called. It was a Saturday weekend in Japan, and the family were getting ready to have a little picnic. She could hear her husband's silly laugh as well as Taemin's baby giggles. She smiled as she saw the boys of the family on the ground as Hyukjae copied Taemin's crawling. Not paying attention, Hyukjae bumped his head into the wall.

"Hyukjae, you're not a baby anymore," Hyoyeon giggled as she walked towards the boys.

"I'll always be your baby, though," Hyukjae smiled, revealing his gums.

"So cheesy~" she giggled.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang, along with some knocking.

"Ugh, it better not be our neighbor again..." Hyukjae complained. "His daughter always flirts with me, and it's so creepy."

"Aw, come on, Hyuk, let a 15-year-old live her fantasy," Hyoyeon giggled.

Hyoyeon opened the door to see a tall woman holding a baby in her arms.

"Are you Kim Hyoyeon?" The woman asked.

"Yes, I am. Who are you?"

"Yuri. Kwon Yuri. I'm a friend of Im Yoona."

"Oh, nice to meet you. How is she?"

"Um... I'm sure she is doing fine... Anyway, do you have a child?"

"Um, yes I do, but – "

"Here, take him," Yuri suddenly said, pushing the child towards Hyoyeon.

"Wait, I can't take – "

Hyoyeon couldn't finish her sentence as Yuri had already run off. Hyoyeon couldn't take care of a child whom she got from an acquaintance, but she couldn't just leave the poor baby. Where were his parents?

"Who was it, Honey?" Hyukjae asked as he played peek-a-boo with Taemin.

"One of Yoona's friends..." Hyoyeon replied.

Hyukjae was wide-eyed when he notice the baby in his wife's arms.

"Um, would you care to explain whose baby he is?" Hyukjae asked, his face completely stern.

"Don't bother getting angry. This child isn't mine," Hyoyeon said, lightly slapping her husband's head.

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter