κτητικότητα

Between togas, potions and bows.

 

 

Chapter 2: Possessiveness (Part One).

 

 

“Are you ready, baby?” Artemis asked, brushing her son’s hair and arranging the crown of cute little leaves he had on his head.

 

“I feel stupid” Baekhyun deadpanned, remembering just now how the gods were incredibly archaic and outdated in the fashion sense of the word. Maybe he could use his soon-to-be popularity to suggest better outfits?

 

“Nonsense, you look so handsome darling. Now, stop scratching your .”

 

Or at least suggest them to use underwear.

 

“Mom, can I use boxers later?” Baekhyun whined, making his mother laugh and reach up to kiss his forehead. Maybe his son is twenty three, but he will be forever her baby boy.

 

“Later son, now we don’t want to make the high gods see you like you just don’t wash your private parts. That’s not the image I want them to remember you”

 

“I know” smiling softly, the demigod let his mother go, standing where he was and remembering he would be there until his mom announces his entrance. Giving him a last thumbs-up, his mother entered the huge golden doors in front of them and closed them just as fast.

 

Glancing sideways at the huge hallway he was currently in just to make sure he was by himself, Baekhyun scratched his thigh under his new toga once again before trying to calm his nerves. He was in Zeus’ house! Zeus’ freaking house! Can you believe it?! Because he sure couldn’t process it yet! The walls were all cream colored and the details were always golden or yellow. They were so tall that you could easily fit another level in between the floors. The ceilings of the whole house were painted like the sky and all of the furniture was white.

 

Talk about obvious. And Baekhyun thought Apollo’s and his own house were obviously decorated just for them. He wondered if there was a satyr’s team decorators who chose those themes. If there was, he was dying to meet Athena’s house.

 

“You look weaker than I imagined” A voice behind him made him jump in his place, surprising him mostly because he wasn’t easily scared. He had always sensed when someone was behind him!

 

Then again, maybe that was just with humans.

 

Turning around quickly, Baekhyun met a cat-like smile and a pair of brown eyes full of mischief.

 

“Nice too meet you, I’m Chen.” And Baekhyun knew right then and there that he was in trouble.

 

---

 

Dionysus was dying of boredom. Zeus had promised him there would be wine at this meeting! He lied! There was no wine. Or rum. Woah, he missed drinking rum with the beautiful wood nymphs since his youngest son had hidden his beloved bottles. What was up with him? Why was he so different from his other sons and daughters? Every one of them enjoyed partying and drinking just as much as him! Why couldn’t his youngest son be like them?

 

‘I knew I shouldn’t have had with that pretty but uptight human.’ What was she? A librarian? A school’s principal? Something like that. That was why Zeus always tells them that if they need to satisfy their ual needs with humans, they should at least pick well first.

 

‘If he comes back like a drug addict like one of your other sons, I’ll make sure you die! I don’t care if you’re a god, I’ll find a way to make you suffer!’ His youngest son’s mother had said the last time he saw her two months ago. Dionysus rolled his eyes remembering her irritating voice. What had he seen in her? He was probably drunk. At least his little boy was polite, unlike her.

 

“These past few years I decided I wanted to live between humans and try to find a way to make them understand not to destroy nature with their garbage, technology and medical advances. That’s why I’ve been living in the human world this past twenty four years as I told Zeus here before...”

 

Oh yeah, he was at a meeting! He figured it was something important because everyone else looked at Artemis in the middle of the circular room like they were so proud of her. Maybe he should look at her like that… you know, so no one would notice he isn’t paying attention.

 

Ok, proud face, proud face!

 

…Is that wine?!

 

Two chairs to his right, Hermes was drinking wine!  He was so sure! That smell and that taste! He knew Zeus wasn't lying, there was wine after all! Now, where did Hermes get that glass of divine godly beverage?

 

Looking everywhere but still trying to appear attentive to Artemis’ ramblings about her almost perfect son, Dionysus tried to locate Hermes’ source of wine. Where was it? There clearly was no wine at the dinner table just behind Zeus’ chair; he checked. Three times.

 

Maybe a satyr brought it earlier? No, but then someone else would have wine too, not just Hermes.

 

“…and one year later I joined GreenPeace! It’s an American association with bases all around the world you see…”

 

There it was! Dionysus could clearly see an opened bottle of wine pecking out of Ares’ bag! But how could he-? Of course. Once a thief, always a thief. Hermes couldn’t contain himself, could he?

 

Now he wanted wine too. Maybe if he could catch Hermes’ attention…

 

“…I knew I needed to move on and find a partner. So after a couple of weeks in my new human work, I met this handsome and caring coworker named Byun Yongsun…”

 

ing -faced Hermes! He just saw Dionysus expression and ignored it! Not even his puppy eyes made him share the wine!

 

He needed to get the wine by himself!  But… how? He wasn’t the quietest god around here and it was suicide to make Ares angry…

 

“…and two days later I found myself pregnant! I knew it was a rash decision but I wanted to have a baby for so long…”

 

He needed a distraction!

 

BOOM!

 

And a little scrawny boy wearing a burned toga entered Zeus’ meeting room yelling something about a devil throwing thunderbolts at his .

 

Well, that wasn’t the distraction Dionysus had in mind but he’ll take what he can.

 

---

 

“Is that Artemis’ son?” A couple of whispers were heard between the gods, wondering what was going on and missing how one of them was currently stealing a bottle of wine.

 

“I thought he would be more proper, just like his mother.”

 

“Are you kidding? Remember that time Artemis thought it would be funny to run in the Olympics’ games in Sydney? She thought it would be ironic.”

 

“Oh yeah! Good times”

 

“Is that Artemis’ son? How old is he? He’s hot.”

 

“Aphrodite! Stay away from my baby!”

 

Zeus just rubbed his temple, wondering if he could get a headache just like humans do. It was pointless trying to punish Artemis’ son for interrupting the meeting like that. He didn’t need to have Athena’s deduction skills to know what had happened. Out of his five sons, three were capable of doing such thing.

 

And two out of those three were currently at Argentina trying to control a huge thunderstorm that was destroying way too many humans' homes.

 

“Che-!”

 

“Suho!” Poseidon’s voice interrupted him at his right side, looking angry and irritated.

 

In less than three seconds, a wave of sea water materialized in front of Zeus’ brother and little Suho appeared in front of his father. He looked appalled and nervous; nothing new.

 

The poor boy couldn’t even talk.

 

“I told you to keep Chen entertained! He got bored because of you and he already attacked Artemis’ son! This is your fault! Now go there and fix this problem!” Poseidon yelled and pointed at the new demigod, who was currently in the middle of the circular room surrounded by Artemis and Apollo and being bright red and whining about not having underwear under his burned toga.

 

Well… if only Zeus could be that strict with his own sons. But Suho looked sad so that probably wasn’t a good idea. Zeus had only one weakness and that was his sons’ pouty faces.

 

Damn those cute gigantic babies of his.

 

Nervous but already controlling himself, Suho walked to the center of the room and bowed to the present gods. “Good morning my gods” he gave them his blinding smile, “I noticed how your son is in need of assistance. Let me help him find better suitable attire and we’ll be back with you in a few moments.”  Glad to have such a polite gentleman helping his baby, Artemis nodded happily and pushed Baekhyun’s embarrassed form in Suho’s direction before he could even react.

 

---

 

“Good morning Sir, my name is Suho and I’ll be your guide.” the guy in front of him sent him another one of his angelic smiles and made him walk through the long hallways once again while he started talking about the architecture of the place.

 

Was this guy on drugs?

 

“As you can see, Mister, Zeus had made his absolute best to preserve this place the exact same way it had been for the past couple of millenniums and…”

 

“Oh, you can call me just Baekhyun if you want” He replied absentmindedly while making sure his didn’t show from between the burned holes.

 

“Alright Mister Baekhyun.”

 

“Naah, that’s not what I meant, I-”

 

Out of nowhere, the new smiling guy started undressing himself in front of Baekhyun until he was bare-chested and without his toga.

 

‘So there is Greek underwear after all!’ Was Baekhyun’s first thought.

 

“Dude, what the hell are you doing?” Was Baekhyun’s second thought and first response once he noticed how Suho was offering him his own toga. This one was light blue and the strap was white in color. Baekhyun would've wondered if the colors meant something if it wasn't for Suho's strange behavior. It seemed... fake.

 

“Please accept my clothes until we get to our destination. It is my fault after all that mister Baekhyun found himself in this predicament.”

 

“…Eh?”

 

“Accept it!”

 

“Alright, alright!” Baekhyun answered quickly, taking Suho’s toga and wearing it at once. He felt better now knowing he wasn’t showing more skin that he wanted but somehow he didn’t feel safe at the moment.

 

He started to think maybe meeting demigods wasn’t such a good idea after all. Who would have thought? Lay was the normal one!

 

Acting like it was common to walk around dressed like Cupid, Suho started heading once again down the hallway, telling Baekhyun all about the estructure and beauty of Zeus' home like he was some guide at a museum. Is this guy always this weird? Baekhyun had no idea.

 

Following the older through the tricky turns and hallways, Baekhyun started paying attention knowing how he could easily get lost here. Every hallway looked exactly the same! If he needed to stick by Suho's side, he may as well start paying attention.

 

"Wait, did you say Zeus built this? As in, all by himself? With his own hands?" Baekhyun asked, turning to his knowledge-sponge persona and trying to remember everything the other demi-god could've said to him.

 

Suho tumbled for a second, looking like he had lost his composture of the perfect demigod and glanced at the floor for a brief moment before smiling again. "Ehm... I guess? That's what it says in the books mister Baekhyun. I never... I never asked him."

 

Well, that made sense. Baekhyun supossed it wasn't common to disturb the most powerful god with questions about how he made his bathroom that big.

 

"That reminds me, the weirdo attacking me with the thunderbolts... is he Zeus' son?" He asked, remembering how the guy -Chen he said was his name- started attacking him out of nowhere. Maybe Suho knew him? He said it was kind of his fault he got Baek's toga burnt so it was a possibility he could know who Chen is.

 

And he knows him! Baekhyun got the sudden urge to snort as soon as he saw Suho's fake and perfect smile die on his face and be replaced by this weird and totally lame I'm-not-hiding-anything nervous laugh.

 

"Oh, Chen?" Poor Joonmyun didn't know where to look "yeah, he's Zeus' youngest son. He's ah... kind of difficult."

 

Somehow, Baekhyun could sense how 'difficult' Chen was for Suho. Baek could’ve been embarrassed when he was in Zeus' meeting room but he clearly heard when Poseidon yelled at Suho. He didn't need to be a demigod with advanced hearing to noticed it; Poseidon's voice was deep, loud and clear like the waves in the sea.

 

"Why did you... You don't have to answer if you don't want to" Baekhyun added quickly when his companion sighed deeply "but, why did you say it was your fault my toga got burned?" Sensing Baek's cautious question, Poseidon's son just shrugged and for the first time since Baekhyun meet him, he looked somewhat real and autentic.

 

"He's my responsability"

 

"I'm so sorry for you, mate." Baek tried to lighten up the mood a little bit, patting Suho's bare shoulder and gaining a tiny smile in return.

 

Smile that turned into an expression of surprise as soon as they passed an open door and someone else decided to Suho's instead.

 

"I know I tell you you're handsome every chance I have but that's not enough reason to walk half all around my house, Suho. Just do that in my room and we'll both be happy." Smirking at Suho and leaving behind the room he was in just a few moments ago, Chen looked to the side to meet Baekhyun's eyes and his smile widened. "Oh! And you brought little froggy to me! You should't have."

 

He had so many questions; so many answers he needed to know from how Suho was stepping away from Chen's erted hands, to how he had no idea why Chen was harassing Suho, but the only thing he could utter was...

 

"...Little froggy?"

 

---

 

“Come on Kris, I can’t go inside without you!” A deep voice complained before pulling his best friend inside once more, trying not to get noticed.

 

A huge challenge considering they both were so freaking tall.

 

“Yeah, I know. Why didn’t you just wait outside? Is not like they’re not going to go out eventually.”

 

Yeol knew his best friend was right but he needed to know what was happening inside Zeus’ meeting room. He needed to know what is going to happen to Baekhyun!

 

Seeing his friend’s confronted facial expression, Kris sighed and rubbed his nape before walking ahead of Yeol and glancing over his shoulder. “Are you coming or not? I already ditched my duties so I could help you with your stalking; don’t make me regret it.”

 

“It is not stalking!” Yeol defended himself, running so he could catch up “Is taking care of my interests.”

 

“And that guy is part of that because…?”

 

Once again, Yeol just lowered his head and refused to utter a word about how he knew of Baekhyun’s existence. Kris expected that –he had asked millions of times since Yeol told him he was in love- but not once his best friend had told him where he met Baekhyun. He wasn’t a human, he was in the Olympus after all; he wasn’t a Demigod seeing as Kris’ job was to know everyone and to be their messenger so, what was Baekhyun? A creature? It could be, but Yeol got nervous with other creatures so it was highly unlikely. (Once, a Nereid flirted with Yeol and what he did? He ran away before the poor beautiful creature could understand she’d been rejected.)

 

“Alright, where do you think your beloved love is?” Kris asked once he and Yeol entered Zeus principal doors’ gaining easy access once the guards noticed it was Kris who was passing by.

 

“Zeus’ meeting room.”

 

“…Come again?” Kris asked once he heard Yeol’s mumbling.

 

“Zeus’ meeting room.” Holy , that wasn’t in Kris’ expectations. At all! How the hell Yeol could think they would be able to enter that place? “We can just wait outside! Is not prohibited to be in the hallways, am I right?” Well he was right but, still!

 

When he noticed his best friend tried really hard not to utter a word or probably hit him again, Yeol kept walking beside his friend, thinking about Baekhyun but taking care of Kris at the same time. He couldn’t let his best friend get in trouble here! He was in therapy after all.

 

“Just don’t touch anyth-“

 

“I know.” Kris cut him off, tightening his jaw and forcing himself to not look at anything but the hallway ahead of them.

 

“I trust you.” Yeol just smiled and started thinking about Baekhyun once again, much to his delight. There wasn’t a day when he regretted visiting Apollo’s house that wonderful day.

 

It had been three years ago and his father had just made a new weapon for Apollo. His older brother Jonghyun was going to deliver it but at the last minute, he was appointed to go to Aphrodite’s house instead. Indecisive, Hephaestus looked down at his cute son and made a decision; this would be Yeol’s first task. ‘Go to Apollo’s house and deliver this bow to him.’ The god of metalwork, machinery and weapons had said ‘Do not get distracted. Do not talk to anyone but Apollo. Do not annoy anyone. Do not leave the bow unsupervised until you reach Apollo. Understood?’ And cute teenager Yeol had nodded and took Apollo’s new weapon… just to notice how heavy it was and fall to the floor with it.

 

Why couldn’t Yeol be as strong as his siblings?! Even beautiful Yoona was stronger than him! Hephaestus just sighed and let his son take the weapon with him, praying he doesn’t get himself killed.

 

Reaching Apollo’s house, young Yeol had his first problem. Where in the name of Zeus was the door?!  Looking up, down, right and left and all around the house, Yeol couldn’t find the door! Just a bunch of random windows in the ceiling. Maybe he could find an opened window and yell for someone to please tell him where the door is? Yeah, that was an amazing plan!

 

Until he realized he would need to take the heavy bow with him. He couldn’t just leave it here and jump up over the roof to find someone; his father would kill him.

Trying to be extra cautious and delicate, Yeol managed to stand over the roof, only to lie down on his tummy so he could reach down and try to take the bow with him. It looked easy but it was so damn heavy! Stretching his right arm even more while he used his long legs to keep himself on the roof, Yeol tried once more to reach the bow. And succeed! He was so happy that he pulled with all his might to make the bow come to him, only to remember how he wasn't strong enough and making the bow move in the wrong direction.

 

A loud thud was heard, making the poor demigod notice how Apollo's house now had a beautiful hole in one of its walls.

 

"...well, me."

 

Looking around, Yeol jumped down on the ground again and started collecting all he could find. Sticks, leaves, rocks, rabbits, mudd, berries, everything! No one could notice what he had done; he's father would never give him tasks ever again. Quickly and using all the resources he had, Yeol's hands started working. He may not be the most skillful son of Hephaestus (his siblings remind him that every day...), but at least he knew what he was doing. Kind of. Hopefully.

 

Five minutes later and the beautiful hole in the wall now looked kind of cute with a curtain made of leaves and the color of the berries trying to hide the difference between the wall and the leaves. It was lucky of Yeol the hole was almost at the bottom of the wall, the bow hadn't been lifted too high before it decided to give Yeol a heart attack.

 

Just making sure no one would ever notice his mistake, he needed to make sure the hole wouldn't be seen on the other side.

 

Inside.

 

Looking through the hole, Yeol could see an empty bedroom on the other side. Seeing as no one was there, it would be easy to just enter using the window, cover the hole and get out before anyone notices it. Easy.

 

Looking at the bow resting on the ground one last time and promising himself he won’t take long, Yeol climbed the wall once again and proceeded to open the window. Still empty, perfect!

 

It was just when he was about to jump inside and fix everything that he realized he had never done that before. How the hell do you land? But it was too late because Yeol’s incredibly long legs were already falling to the floor.

 

 

…Let just say Yeol saw stars.

 

Trying to stop his fall, Yeol ended up with his face hitting the bedside table and rolled around in pain while cupping his face.

 

“I do not look like a puppy, Lay!”

 

“Yes, you do. I saw one in one of Seungho’s books and you look just like one.”

 

“I do not!”

 

“But you do. It’s cute.”

 

Listening how a couple of voices were approaching his location, Yeol made sure he wasn’t bleeding before he picked himself up and hid in the only place he could fit; under the bed.

Three seconds later and a couple of teenagers were entering the room, teasing each other and letting themselves fall over the bed.

 

“Are you sure I cannot go outside?” One of the voices –the happier one- said “Look, the window is open. I could just reach it and-“

 

“You know you can’t” The calmer voice said, “Dad wouldn’t allow it. Besides, do you think the windows aren’t fixed so you can’t cross through them? You already tried thrice and everytime you did, our parents noticed it.”

 

“I guess you’re right…”

 

Why was the guy with the happier voice sad? Couldn’t he go outside? Maybe he was grounded. Yeol guessed he was hearing two of Apollo’s sons talk but he wasn’t sure who they were. After all, he wasn’t outside very much either; his father didn’t let him out much with all the training he was receiving. Maybe the guy with the happier voice was training a lot like he was?

 

“Listen, why don’t we go to annoy Henry and Onew? They were teasing me earlier when I failed in Archery.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Just wait here! I’ll get our weapons!” The guy with the calmer voice said happily, standing up from the bed and heading to one of his shelves, looking between flasks and bottles for his supposed ‘weapons’. Now that he was in Yeol’s line of vision, Hephaestus’ son could see who the guy with the calm voice was. Was it… Ray? Bay? Pay? Day? May? Something like that. He was indeed one of Apollo’s sons; he had seen the other guy a couple of times before even if they had never talked.

 

Apparently, Yay was as coordinated with his hands as Kris was when he tried to dance, because a crash sounded before Apollo’s son yelped in surprised and kneeled beside the broken flasks to try and keep the content from ruining his floor.

 

“Are you alright Lay?” His name was Lay! Well, Yeol almost got it! “Let me help you.” And Yeol felt how the guy with the happier voice stood up from the bed and walked up until he reached Lay’s side, kneeling in front of him and facing Yeol’s side.

And just like that Yeol fell how he had seen the most beautiful man he had ever seen in his whole life. In that moment, he decided he was going to tell his father to please let him have all of the tasks regarding Apollo’s house. He decided he would be a better demigod, just so his father could let him come everytime and see this beautiful boy. He decided he would visit everytime he could, not letting anyone know why he visited too many times.

 

And then the boy smiled! And poor Yeol died as a happy teenager under Lay’s bed and not noticing how there was something else under Lay’s bed by his side.

 

It wasn’t until the two boys left that he discovered Lay had a pet.

 

 

 

“That explains why you have that scar on your neck.” Kris suddenly said, waking Yeol from his daydream and wondering what Kris was talking about. “You tend to mumble your thoughts when you’re distracted.” The older one said, smiling brightly and watching in amusement how Yeol’s facial expression changed from confused, to surprised, to panicked, to resigned; all at once.

 

“…Damn it.”

 

“I’m guessing you kept visiting this son of Apollo? No one ever noticed?” Kris asked, turning right in the next corner and wondering how much would it cost one of those expensive… No! Stop it! Focus Kris, focus!

 

Deciding it was no use hiding this information from his best friend any longer and seeing as Baekhyun was going to get noticed by everyone else soon, Yeol told his friend how he kept visiting Apollo’s house everytime he could. How he learned the name of his love was Baekhyun and how he wasn’t a son of Apollo but Artemis’ only son. He even told him how it was so easy to enter Apollo’s house using Lay’s window. The demigod was so forgetful he almost always left his window open.

 

“What?” Kris’ surprised face was expected. Everyone knew Artemis was one of the gods who didn’t like to sleep around with humans. She was a for Zeus’ sake! How did this happen?

 

“I don’t know” Yeol shrugged “I don’t know who Baek’s father is; probably a random human. I had never seen anyone else at Apollo’s house apart from his sons, daughter and servants.”

 

Nodding, Kris started getting the idea of why they were here. If no one else knew of Baekhyun’s existence, it was obvious to think they were going to know about it soon. Why did they keep Baekhyun hidden from everyone else in the Olympus? What was the catch? Something didn’t fit.

 

“What I know is that Artemis is going to introduce Baekhyun right at this moment and the big twelve are going to decide what to do with him. Do you understand my problem? They could make him disappear! They could erase his memories! They could enslave him! They could-!”

 

“…force him to marry someone?”

 

“EXACTLY!” Yeol yelled randomly, gripping his hair and showing Kris just how anxious he was over the whole ordeal. “I never understood why my two older brothers always look so giddy and stupid when they think or talk about their beloved one but now I finally get it! I just can’t stand picturing Baekhyun with anyone else but me!”

 

Kris guessed his best friend looked ‘giddy and stupid’ enough, not knowing how a person in love could look like seeing as he has never been in love before and didn’t think his brothers and sisters had either.

 

“That’s why we’re here? So you can ask Artemis if you can marry his son before anyone else does?”

 

Kris’ question made Yeol stop in his tracks and think about the real reason he was here. What if Baekhyun sees him? After four years of looking at his beloved one from the shadows and hidden places (the hole on the wall he never fixed…), Yeol never really thought about letting the other one see him as well. Was he hoping for something? No. Is he brave enough to stand in front of Artemis and tell her how much he loves her son and ask her if he could marry him? Maybe. But he isn’t brave enough to let Baekhyun look at him.

 

“We’re just here to make sure he’s safe. Once we know Zeus or anyone else isn’t going to harm him, we’ll leave.”

 

Hermes’ son nodded, sensing how the younger one was serious and how his posture screamed nothing but resignation. Here they are again. Kris sighed once more, noticing how his best friend was once again, depressed.

 

Who would’ve thought someone as happy and bright as Yeol could suffer from depression? Just Kris and Yeol’s younger sister knew about it. It wasn’t that difficult to figure it out once you could see past Yeol’s blinding smiles and notice how he had no self esteem at all. In Yeol’s eyes, he is never enough. His siblings were always so strong and so skilled and Yeol deformed everything his hands touched. His siblings always knew what they were doing! And Yeol always invented stupid machinery. And looking at how his siblings had had their fair share of past girlfriends or boyfriends and Yeol had never even had his first kiss well, it was depressing for him.

 

Is he ever going to be good enough? No.

 

“I’m sure Baekhyun would be happy to meet someone like you” Kris’ comment woke him up from his depressive thoughts and grabbed his hand, giving him one of his weird gummy smiles and making Yeol laugh softly at the stupid face his best friend was doing.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Once they reached the hall they were looking for, both friends weren’t expecting to see quite a commotion just outside Zeus’ meeting room. Hesitating, Yeol looked up at Kris, silently asking him if they needed to leave or stay just to see how the older one kept walking ahead of him. When they were close enough, Yeol could see how Artemis, Apollo and even Lay were there but no sign of Baekhyun.

 

He didn’t know if he should feel relieved or anxious. Or maybe a little bit of both.

 

“Good morning my gods” Kris greeted the gods respectfully, bowing ninety degrees and feeling how Yeol did the same by his side. “Do you have something I could help you with? I came here just to pick up my father.” And that was a total lie but it wasn’t all that weird to hear how Hermes randomly called his children so they could make his work for him.

 

“Good morning Kris. Good morning Yeol” Apollo smiled softly, remembering his little messengers with fondness. It was entertaining how Yeol got nervous everytime they made direct eye contact or how his son Lay got curious everytime he saw Kris. “Well if you could help us find someone, we’ll appreciate it.”

 

“We’ll do our best. Who are you looking for?” Kris asked just for show, having an idea of who was missing at the moment. Apparently Yeol came to the same conclusion because he started breathing rather heavily and if he could see him, Kris could bet all the drachmas in Hermes’ vault that Yeol’s eye was twitching.

 

“My son, Baekhyun” Artemis answered this time, noticing how the cute guy with huge eyes looked like he could faint at any second and the scary guy was trying really hard not to laugh. Are they ok? Maybe they were really surprised she had a secret son! That must be it. She needs to get used to people’s reaction once the news of Baekhyun are spread. “Suho said an hour ago he was going to take care of him but we haven’t seen either of them since then.”

 

“Take care of him? What do you mean, if you mind me asking?”

 

This time, it was Lay who answered, unable to keep quiet while the older ones were talking and wearing a little smirk on his cute face. “According to father, Baekhyun is somewhere in Zeus’ house -.”

 

 

 

Quietly, Yeol bowed one more time showing his respect before opening the first door he could reach –which turned out to be a closet- and got inside, closing the door behind him and not saying anything at all.

 

 

 

“…He just doesn’t like people.” Was the only think Kris could think of while using all of his will power not to laugh at Yeol’s expenses.  “I’ll help finding your son goddess Artemis.”

 

Ignoring Yeol’s odd behavior, Artemis just smiled happily at Kris and told him she and Apollo were going to look for him at this floor and Lay and he could look for him at the third floor. Nodding, Kris waited until both gods were nowhere in sight before he reached the closet and knocked two times. “Yeol?”

 

“…He’s -.” Yeol whispered at the other side of the door.

 

“I know.”

 

“I can’t see that. I’ll die if I see him like that.”

 

Curious about what was happening, Lay stood by Kris’ side and knocked too. “Ehm… Yeol? I’m Lay, do you remember me?”

 

‘Of course he remembers you! He’s been stalking you and your cousin for nearly four years!’ Kris’ mind thought, laughing quietly at how Lay’s left cheek was pressed completely against the door, hoping to hear every sound Yeol could make.

 

“…Yes. Hello Lay.”

 

“Hello Yeol” Lay smiled cutely, waving at the door as if Yeol could see him. “I’m sorry you can’t stand looking at people but I’m guessing by now Suho already borrowed Baek some clothes for him to use.”

 

“…Baekhyun is using Suho’s clothes?”

 

“Yeah!” Lay nodded happily, ignoring how Yeol didn’t sound embarrassed anymore. Knowing his best friend, Kris did notice the change in his voice and grabbed Lay’s arm to take him away from the door and shut him up. Dismissing him, Lay kept talking. “My dad told me Chen attacked Baekhyun earlier and burned his toga and that’s why Suho had to take him away before somethi-”

 

Thank Chen’s father that Kris was fast enough to grab Lay between his arms and taking him away from the door before everything else happened because one thing he knew about demigods in love and that was how possessive and protective they were.

 

In just a second, the closet’s door broke away from its hinges and slammed against the wall at the other side of the hallway, leaving a trail of smoke and a smell of burned wood. Before Lay could ask what was going on, Kris quietly and slowly covered the younger’s mouth with his big hand and shook his head, signaling him to keep quiet and not ask questions. Thankfully, Lay understood.

 

Without saying anything else, Kris sighed once he noticed Yeol’s expression. It was funny to about it sometimes but Yeol’s serial killer face only got creepier when he was mad. And he was mad.

Once he saw his best friend walking quickly down the hallway, Kris took Lay’s hand and pulled him by his side so they both could follow Yeol. He was really sure his angered friend had no idea where he was going but he wasn’t going to let him roam Zeus’ home alone.

 

Only when a soft hand tugged his, Kris looked down to see Apollo’s son walking by his side.

 

“Kris, can I ask you a question?”

 

Kris couldn’t help but smile and laugh a little at such sentence. How many times has he heard that same question since he met Lay?

 

---

 

That's it! =)

I was writting a lot and this chapter was getting quite big so I decided to split it in two parts. I'll update the second part this week.

Well now you about the rest of exo!

My questions are, who do you think is Dionysus' son? why is Suho uncomfortable with Chen? what is Kris' problem? (If you know about Hermes -his dad-, you may know the answer.)

Read you soon.