You Don't Exist

Just Forget Him

 

“Minnie,” Minho muttered as he stood across from the boy he had left a week earlier.

“Don't call me that,” his sharp voice shocked the popular ulzzang.

Looking up at his ex-boyfriend now, Minho could see that something had changed. Taemin's shoulders were solid, his chin raised up in pride. He wasn't that girly child that Minho had fallen for from before. The way he stood screamed out that he didn't give a care what others thought. He was a man now, and that realization made Minho fall even more for the boy who he had left ignorantly.

But all things considered, it wasn't his new physique that shocked the popular senior. It was his eyes.

His eyes were defiant, as if he was against him. As if they were enemies.

“Why did you call me out?” Taemin sighed in boredom as he peered at the boy he had once loved. The two had decided to talk after Minho's basketball practice in the school's field.

“I want you back,” Minho whispered as he took hold of the younger boy's hand. “I miss you too much.”

Taemin stood, relaxed and blurted out the resolve he had made days earlier.

“No.”

Minho's hope died as he saw the strength in his eyes.

“I thought you loved me-” Minho began.

“I felt the same, but you left anyway,” there was no emotion in his voice. Taemin spoke as if he was stating a mere fact. And his nonchalant attitude hurt Minho more than his expression would give away.

At that moment, he realized that Taemin would never love him like he had before. All those touches, kisses, and sweet words were ancient history. Because he had moved on.

How could he have thrown away the most important person to him? Minho's eyes watered up as his gaze met Taemin's cold stare.

“I loved you,” Taemin spoke softly as consolation to the boy he had once loved more than his own life. “I really did, but you threw me away. Because apparently, you got bored.”

Minho had only left because Taemin had gotten clingy... But now he felt like he was being clingy, instead.

“You know that's not true, “ Minho fought back but he was losing and they both knew it.

Instead of replying, Taemin turned to leave.

“Wait,” Minho tightened his grip on Minnie's hand. “Give me one more chance I'll show you how much I still love you...”

And all of a sudden, Taemin's hand was ripped from his. “You know what I hate more than being dumped by the love of my life? Staying in love with him even when I know he doesn't feel the same.”

His last words broke Minho. “But you know what? In my heart, you don't exist anymore.”

And he left Minho, not caring to watch the silent sobs

.