Waiter

Waiter - AJ

Beautiful, fancy restaurants lit up the street as the shine on the car reflected their beautiful glow. Pulling into one of the most expensive restaurants on the block your date, Binhyun, got out of the parked car as you waited inside. Thinking that he would open the door for you like a gentlemen he just waved you out of the car. You snarled under your breath as you joined with him before going into the beautiful, modern building. Stepping inside of the elevator, he pushed the top floor button as he looked at you.

"You are supposed to be happy and relax remember." His hands gently trailed over your skin.

"My idea of relaxing is watching a movie, not getting up all fancy for an overpriced dinner." You said as you and him haven’t been on the best terms the last couple weeks with his business taking over his life and the sweet man that you loved. Now he was just harsh and cold, reflecting the business that he had built.

"Please enjoy tonight, I have to leave early tomorrow and I just wanted to be with you." He said as he started becoming clingy and making you a little uncomfortable.

Ding~

Saved by the top floor you moved away from him as he walked out behind you. The near to empty space greeted you, a few couples were around being served by their private waiter’s and waitresses.

"Hello, welcome to the Blue Pear. Do you already have a reservation?" The suited man said behind the desk.

"It should be under the name Shin Binhyun." He said with a confident look.

"I see, let me lead you to your table." He walked to the very back of the place to a cornered booth that overlooked the lights that had danced on his car earlier. You sat down in the booth as the man said that the waiter would be over shortly.

"Please be happy ______ for me. I want to just see you smile." His finger gently lifted your chin.

"How long are you going to be this time?" You asked as his cold eyes greeted you.

"A month" He smirked.

"Where will you be traveling?" Hating being picked up and dropped off just like a game with him, your relationship used to be so nice, just like a romance book, just full of love. But times have changed.

"The United States, Europe, and Japan." He gently said as your waiter walked to your table.

"Hello I am AJ I will be your waiter this evening. May I interest you in one of our lovely drinks to start you off today?" AJ stood there, dressed in black pants with a white long sleeved shirt, a black vest with a blue pear with his name on the left side of his chest.

"I will have some Suju please, two bottles. For her, she will have some juice." Binhyun said as he ordered for you, which just made you mad. Didn’t you have a say in this, apparently not anymore. Not now not ever. AJ looked at you as you agreed.

"I will bring them right out, here is our menu please look over it carefully since there are a lot of dishes that are unique to our restaurant." AJ handed out the menu’s as then he left the table.

"I could have ordered myself." You said quietly as the date began to turn sour some time ago.

"You can’t take care of yourself without me." He said with a sly smile on his face.

"That was back when you actually cared about me." You mumbled as he grabbed your wrist and squeezed.

"I care about you, but I am thinking that you don’t care about me." His teeth clamped together as his tone got cold and harsh as his grip wanted to make you whimper in pain. He let go a few seconds later when AJ came back with your drinks.

"Have you decided on your appetizer this evening?" AJ placed his pen on his paper jotting down the dishes that Binhyun ordered for you and himself. A few moments later he excused himself from the table for a call as he went out to the front of the restaurant. AJ came back to check up on you.

"Are you doing all right Miss?" He asked kindly, giving you shivery where it was due.

"I guess, I just hate being picked up and put down like a pair of cards, then dis-guarded because I am not good enough so he replaces me to make his hand look better. Ordering for me and not opening the door, it just gets on my nerves." AJ could tell that there was more to this story as he took a seat at the end of your booth across from you. "We used to be so in love, almost like you read in fairy tales. We were about to be married but then his business took off. Now it is his baby and I am just a use-to-be." Binhyun came back as AJ stood up, bowing to him.

"Sorry but I have to leave, urgent business. See you in a month." He took his coat, "Please enjoy yourself, it is all on me tonight." He left without even giving you a kiss. Now you knew that it was over. AJ watched the whole scene played out as you felt tears brim your eyes.

"I’m not going to be around when you come back Binhyun." You said into the lonely air as AJ watched you getting a grasp of what the situation was like.

"He’s a jerk." AJ said sitting next to you as you looked at him. "Who brings a girl on a date when he is leaving? Shouldn’t you just want to stay home together. Shouldn’t he be more considerate of you? He is gone for a month, not even considering that he loved you so much that he wanted to marry you. This to me seems sour." You nodded your head as he said all the right things.

"Can I get you anything that you would like?" He smirked now turning all of his attention to you.

"Just company." You really wanted him to just stay with you, you didn’t feel like you wanted to be alone.

"How about I go and get you our Broken Heart Special then we can talk." AJ said as you nodded with a smile.