Second step......fold all the problems (part 1)

Hundred Paper Cranes

Second step …… Fold all the problems

 

While everyone was busy making their paper cranes, a boy stood up from his sit after hearing a weird noise coming from what it seems like a window. The window was covered by a thick curtain cloth; preventing him to see what was making that weird noise. He was afraid it might be some monster that will eat him. He was petrified as the sound increases its volume.

“Ajhussi! There is some strange noise coming from the window!” He clasped his hands onto his ears. He was really scared.

I went to his aid quickly to know what had gotten into that boy’s mind. As I come closer the louder the thud it gets, now I know why he was so scared.

The curtain was slightly open. I slid my hand between the opening and pull aside the cloth. I slightly giggled at the boy’s confusion.

“Son, it’s just a branch knocking on the window…”

The boy scratched its head. “That’s weird, I thought someone was calling from the outside…… well then…” The boy shrugged and sat at his previous seat; continuing his neglected art work.

I glanced back at the piece of wood clinging tightly on the tree.

 

I was left thinking..

 

Tap……

 

He left me thinking of those memories..

 

Tap……Tap……

 

Memories I couldn’t erase..

 

Tap……tap……tap……

 

That led me to forever..

 

A girl find it hard to fold the triangle in place and she was a bit confused of the steps I enumerated earlier,  also, she wasn’t listening to the story I shared that cause her to be left behind while the others found their way on how to make one.

The girl stood up and saw me looking at a small branch collide against the clear glass of the window. She woke me out of my trance by tapping her finger onto my shoulder. She was beaming her bright smile. “Ajhussi, pardon me but what’s the second step again?” She stretched her hand for me to get her paper. It was wrinkled, It was obvious that she tried her best to fold the paper in the right way but it was also obvious that she folded it in the wrong way.

I took the paper from her grip and pulled her next to my sit. We were side by side. I was showing her the first step while she nods; telling me that she gets it.

“The second step is… Fold all the problems” I folded the paper neatly and formed a paper crane while explaining the rest of the steps to her.

“Ok… the next step is—“

“Ajhussi…..You said there’s a story behind everything right? Can you tell me why did the branch kept knocking on the window?” Her elbow was propped on the table with her chin resting in her palm. Her odd question made me think of how curious she must be.

Why did the branch knocked on the window?

“Because, It means, someone is waiting for you on the other side” I finished my sentence with the last fold of my paper crane. It made smile of how perfect it came out.

“really? Then, that person must really miss you a lot…” She smiled.

I froze on my spot from her words. Something inside my chest. It was somehow painful. I was at the bream of shedding a tear.

“Can I keep it?” She eyed the paper crane waiting for my consent. I gave it to her without any hesitations. “Sure….” I can’t help but to smile at her cuteness.

She held the made shift crane against her chest. I know she was also attracted on making origami. That’s how she became one of the closest students in my heart. She lifted her gaze from the paper and diverted them into mine.

“Ajhussi… Do you miss that person too?” She raised her brows and looked at me intently.

Actually I was speechless. But all I know is that I only have one answer.

“Yes…..very” I don’t want to look sad in front of her so I forced a smile because of those words… those questions….

 


 

“Did you miss me?”

It was early in the morning when Chanyeol invaded Baekhyun’s beauty sleep. It has been four years to be exact and they became best friends, Baekhyun found out that Chanyeol was kicked out of his old school and was transferred into his current school. Either way, he still can’t get used to Chanyeol’s weirdness. It was always out of the blue when he do things; things inappropriate, like knocking on his window every morning.

Chanyeol moved and it was a coincidence that his house was next to Baekhyun’s. Their rooms are both located at each side of the corner of their house making them seem like window neighbors. The only hindrance is the tree between their wooden glass window but they can still see each other’s view even with the tree. It was also one of the reasons how they became closer.

Chanyeol was an expert when it comes to climbing trees and use it as a new entrance into Baekhyun’s house, more like into his room. The tree serves as a small transportation up to Baekhyun’s peaceful haven.

“No I didn’t!!”

It was always like this in the morning. Chanyeol will knock and Baekhyun was nice to let him in. It wasn’t kind to let a stray derp like that giant named Chanyeol, outside for too long or else he’ll catch a cold that’ll last for how many days. Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol has a low immune system and he is prone to many viruses.

 


 

This morning, it happened again. Those playful knocks with meanings behind its audible sound.

 

Knock…… it was the first signal

 

Knock…….. Wake up

 

Knock……knock…… Get out of the bed

 

Knock…..knock……knock…… Open the curtains

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol from the other side of the window. The derp was grinning widely; waving his hand to Baekhyun.

“Good morning Byun Baekhyun-ssi!! I brought you breakfast!” Chanyeol was depending his weight on a thick branch, grinning as he lift his occupied hand, showing a lunch box filled with food he made earlier for the latter. He was afraid that his best friend might get skinnier than he already was.

“Did you miss me?” Baekhyun sarcastically asked. From what he knew, they were together yesterday, but why is he always barging in early in the morning.

“No I didn’t!!” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Opening the window, Chanyeol lift his feet from the wooden branch and latch himself at the edge of Baekhyun’s window as he tried to climb in.

Chanyeol successfully shove his body through the window. He was a bit shy to sit on the bed so he decided to sit on the window sill with one foot hanging while the other is in his arms.

Baekhyun was running late. With one last glance at Chanyeol he started to walk around his room to find what he needed for his bath.

“I’ll be at the bathroom when you need me…” Baekhyun found his towel on his desk and grabbed it before going in front of his closet to; rummaging for his proper uniform.

Chanyeol was in deep thought. He was playing with his knuckles, he was happy for a moment but it was noticeable how sadness also made its way in his heart. Baekhyun walked his way to the bathroom but stopped half way as the giant spoke.

“It’s a good habit that you wake up through the signs… you’ll be able to rely on the sounds. Even without me, you’ll know when to wake up….” For Chanyeol it has a different meaning. He smiled sadly, forming his lips in a thin curve line. He was happy that Baekhyun was slowly getting used to this kind of alarm in the morning.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun turned his heels and face Chanyeol. He didn’t get to understand the last two uttered sentences by the derp.

“What I mean is, through simple sounds of nature, you’ll be able to wake up…. Even without me…..” Chanyeol stood up and took Baekhyun off guard as he encircled his arms around baekhyun and lifts him up from the ground. He hid his face at the crook of Baekhyun’s neck and inhaled the smaller boy’s scent, giving him a slight shiver down his spine. ‘He smells good’ Chanyeol complemented in his mind.

“What are you doing?! PARK CHANYEOL!! Put me down! NOW!!” Baekhyun was trapped, preventing his arms to move as it stayed squeezed at his side stiffly.

Chanyeol inhaled the sweet fragrance one last time before settling Baekhyun back on his feet. Chanyeol's grip on him loosens, letting Baekhyun's arms to move freely. Chanyeol doesn't want to let him go. His arms are still wrapped around the other's waist. They're eyes never left at each other.

 Baekhyun dropped his things on the concrete floor as he unintentionally placed both of his hands against Chanyeol’s broad chest. He can feel the rapid pace of the derp’s heart, it was sharing the same rhythm as his.

They stared at each other for quite a long time. Chanyeol never felt so nervous before, he admits that this was even more nerve wrecking than playing championships in basketball. He likes Baekhyun, he likes him before they manage to call themselves best friends but he wasn’t sure if Baekhyun felt the same way, the last time Chanyeol checked Baekhyun, he was straight.

Chanyeol was afraid to make a move but there is no turning back now. He slowly closes the distance between them. Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun’s luscious lips before trailing back to the smaller boy’s dreamy eyes looking for some kind of permission. He took time to enclose himself, giving Baekhyun a chance to push him away. But he kept waiting and the small latter just kept staring at him, waiting for Chanyeol to make a move.

Baekhyun was speechless. He knew what the derp’s motives were. Honestly, he was secretly expecting something. He wasn’t sure of what he really felt for the giant but all he knew that this feeling is really overwhelming. That warm feeling pooling the gutters inside his chest; suffocating him, Baekhyun can’t contain his self-control no more. He helped the giant to lessen the air between them inch by inch.

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's breath ghosting his lips. He can’t wait till that plushy lips of the giant to touch his, it gave him excitement.

When their lips were about to collide a loud clashing sound came from the living room down stairs.

Their moment was ruined. Chanyeol entangled his arms from Baekhyun as the awkward air rushed into the air. Baekhyun blushed dark red; his eyes stared at everything but the derp in front of him.

There was a moment of silence before another clash echoed across the living room. Chanyeol and Baekhyun glanced at each other worriedly and made their way downstairs, only to find Baekhyun’s father drinking mindlessly then breaking the bottle when he is done swallowing the last drop from the brim of the glass. Baekhyun wasn’t shocked at all; this wasn’t the worst scenario his dad made. Honestly, sometimes, from the hard alcohol, Baekhyun receives so many biting, his body can’t tolerate anymore and he just faint at the cold stained alcohol floor then wake up wincing in pain.

On the other hand, Chanyeol is shaking in shock. He saw the look in Baekhyun’s face. Tears stained Baekhyun’s cheek with his lips quivering. Why does it have to happen in front of Chanyeol? In front of his best friend? Baekhyun was ashamed; he looked down on the ground avoiding Chanyeol.

"You! You’re a useless son!! I told you to buy me more beer!!!! damn! You even brought your boyfriend here! What the ? Do you know how hard it is to work? I give you everything you need then you're just gonna disobey me??" Baekhyun's father was wobbling from side to side from the drowsiness. He kept breaking the glass of beer in his sight. The whole living room smells like alcohol and Chanyeol wants to puke but his mind said to keep his stomach strong, he doesn’t want to make the smell worse than it is.

Chanyeol gulped. He wanted to pull Baekhyun out of this hell. There was no other choice but to grab Baekhyun’s hand and pull him out of the house, free from the wrath of his father and into Chanyeol’s warmth.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped running. The giant took this chance to comfort the other as he hugged Baekhyun with all his might.

“Everything is gonna be ok….. I’m here….” He Baekhyun’s hair softly. Those brown strands felt soft in Chanyeol’s fingers.

Baekhyun nodded. He can’t contain his shame as he shed his tears in Chanyeol’s shirt. He doesn't want to Chanyeol to witness his father's tantrums, he was so embarrassed, he can't even look at Chanyeol straight in the eyes.

Chanyeol heard the low sob from his best friend. He wants to do something, something that might make the other smile again. all he was able to do was rub circles in Baekhyun's back.

After 5 minutes, Baekhyun’s eyes were drained. There was no more liquid in his body left. He has no energy to even go to school.

Chanyeol released the small boy’s body and placed his hands on the other’s. Baekhyun was looking beneath his fit, hoping that smehow the ground will crack and eat him. Chanyeol tilted Baekhyun's head by his chin.

“I think I know what we should do. Since you’re still in your normal clothes. How about skipping school with me?” He flashed his warm smile.

Baekhyun doesn’t skip school neither do Chanyeol but because of sudden happenings he has no choice but to agree.

“yeah, I would like that…” Baekhyun’s voice was hoarse from sobbing but Chanyeol's smile made it less painful to talk. He wants to forget a little, he wants to set aside his problems for a moment. He was pulled by Chanyeol.

Chanyeol tug Baekhyun's hand and drag him inside his house. The house was empty; nobody was home because of work. It was quiet and peace. Chanyeol was thankful that his parents aren't going back home until tomorrow breaks. They have a meeting in Jeju today so he was left by himself.

Chanyeol led Baekhyun into his room. Baekhyun was in here before and Chanyeol's room wasn't new to his sight. Baekhyun sat on the edge of the bed stiffly. Chanyeol's room was pretty empty. There were small boxes everywhere and a desk in front of his bed near the window. It was neat to see because there was nothing to see, it was pretty empty.

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun’s fidgeting state and sat beside him. “Don’t worry, you’re safe here” He made sure Baekhyun were to believe him. He gently squeezed the smaller boy’s hand to assure him. Baekhyun blushed at the skin ship and glued his eyes on the side to avoid Chanyeol's warm orbs.

“T-Thanks…. For everything…” He removed his hand shyly from Chanyeol and caressed it on his own. Chanyeol’s warm hands made all his worries gone and replaced with the sudden fast rhythm of his raging heart.

Chanyeol felt empty after Baekhyun moved his hands away from him. He placed his hands flat on his side instead and leaned back a little.

“You don’t have to, saving the one I love is an obligation….” Chanyeol spoke without thinking.

Baekhyun almost choke in his own spit. His eyes spoke in confusion. Chanyeol widens his eyes in his realization and spoke fast as he could to explain. “What I mean is, saving you is a must since you’re my best friend and considered one of my families, one of my loved ones….” Chanyeol was sweating hard. He doesn’t want Baekhyun to misunderstood, even though he truly loves him more than a best friend should.

Chanyeol coughed awkwardly while he brainstormed for something to entertain his said best friend. He closed his eyes in frustration. There was nothing to do. He doesn't have any console games co’z it was prohibited. Chanyeol could only watch movies when Baekhyun wants someone to accompany him in the theater so that explains how there is no tv nor a piece of dvd in sight. Chanyeol looked everywhere for something fun to do but his eyes only fell from a certain piece of instrument; his guitar.

Chanyeol stood up while Baekhyun eyed his every move. Chanyeol went to get his guitar, Holding it firmly in his hands before sinking his weight back on the bed.

Chanyeol clutched the instrument against his chest. Sliding his hand on the slippery wood of strings, he shut his eyes and braise himself with the tune. He brushed his fingers down till the last string hums its tone. Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun faced Chanyeol with arching brows.

“This thing never fails to make me smile…. Can I play it? J-Just a little bit? I want you to hear the song I made for someone very special to me…” Chanyeol bit his lip. There was nothing to be worried about, he played the guitar so many times in different places, but nervousness crawled inside his chest.

“S-Sure.. you don’t need to ask, You can play it many times as many as you’d like it’s fine with me” Baekhyun smiled that made Chanyeol more nervous. Baekhyun was a little bit curious of that someone who made Chanyeol's heart skip a beat, thinking of who might be that person pains him and he doesn't know why.

Chanyeol already experienced performing in front of many people. He wasn’t shy singing in front of everybody but the thing is Baekhyun wasn’t everybody, he was different.

“Ah… O-Ok, well then… I’ll start now..” Chanyeol closed his eyes and prepared himself. He inhaled deeply before releasing the air with the slight strum of his hand. He started singing..

The song has a very deep meaning to why Chanyeol did his best to pour his all out. it was for somebody he cares the most; someone he wished for; someone that will make the pain ease a little bit and that someone was hearing his hearing his heart now.

'Baekhyun....This is for you'

Baekhyun was listening; unaware of the giant's state. He has his eyes close perfectly and his heart was inch to melting. There was a slight of pain lingering in his chest, he wants to know who is that person Chanyeol wrote this song for. He glanced worriedly to Chanyeol, Chanyeol is also has his eyes close; so that his tears won't get in the way. He has all the reasons to cry, especially when he knew that the one he loves was expiriencing the pain he doesn't deserves.

'I will make the pain go away'

Chanyeol finished his song with a bright smile. He was very inspired by the person who he made this song for, for him that person somehow made a difference in his life. Chanyeol tapped the guitar nervously. He was avraid that Baekhyun might not like it, but according to Chanyeol's preference, he did a great job.

Baekhyun was staring in awe. Chanyeol has a great voice indeed. The derp in front of him was waiting for his reaction. Baekhyun can’t even produce word that will fit how perfect Chanyeol’s performance was, it was very mesmerizing.

Baekhyun clapped his hands; praising the boy who was grinning at him the whole time. Chanyeol was proud of his self as he lifts his chin up confidently and smiled. Chanyeol thought of how life can be cruel, he wanted to make Baekhyun’s scar to be erased and replaced by dreams, but all he can do is sigh co’z he know he’ll just add up the pain swelling in Baekhyun’s heart.

Baekhyun pointed the guitar with his finger. “C-Can you teach me that song?” He stuttered a little bit. He bit his lip as he anticipates on Chanyeol’s answer. Chanyeol didn’t even think about it and just agree.

Chanyeol pulled his guitar and placed it on Baekhyun. At first, Baekhyun was confused, he can’t understand the placement of the chords but he tried his best so that he won’t piss Chanyeol. Chanyeol on the other hand was patiently teaching Baekhyun everything he knows in playing guitar although he knows sometimes Baekhyun was lost in between his lectures, Chanyeol just sighs and smiles at Baekhyun; knowing that the little boy is doing his best to understand him.

Baekhyun was slowly getting tired of getting wrong again and again, he puffed his cheeks in depression. Chanyeol saw him and stopped talking. Baekhyun sighed for the tenth time because of his failed attempt. Chanyeol became nervous as he saw boredom strikes inside his room and quickly change what their doing.

“Let’s learn the lyrics first… then We’ll proceed in learning the rest of the chords..”

Baekhyun nods his head and gave Chanyeol the privilege to hold the guitar. Chanyeol strummed the strings that made a beautiful sound that Baekhyun envied.

“I’ll sing it again for you… And maybe while I tune it out for you, you can also write the lyrics..” Chanyeol reached for his pad paper and pen causing him a little to bump Baekhyun which Baekhyun leaned back, for Chanyeol to grab his things easier without any cause of skin ship.

Chanyeol lend them to Baekhyun and the latter accept it nicely. Chanyeol played the intro, and Baekhyun, in just one second; was already in a trance. Chanyeol’s voice was soothing and warm, it might be deep, deeper than the sea, but then again for the second time, he made Baekhyun smile to the fullest.

Chanyeol has his eyes on Baekhyun. The two of them was so into the song, they had forgotten all their problems; they were plainly looking at each other, savoring the gentle rhythm of the strings while Chanyeol was secretly asking for something he wants to spend with Baekhyun for a long time...

 

We could be happy, We could be sad

But can we still stay together?

Show me the real life, Guide me with your light

Will you still be there by my side?

Infinity, infinity is our time capacity

Infinity…. Love me…. Till the end of time….

 

We are Infinity, infinity..... infinty....... and beyond

 


 


 

Part 2 will be uploaded next week or the week after...

 

please do COMMENT how awful my story is... hihihi jokes, Don't forget to subscribe!!! It will help me a lot...

 

till my next update! See you!! and tnx for reading!!! love ya all.....