It was a dark and stormful night

The catventures of Cho Kyuhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was having a bad day. He had had a long shift and it seemed like all the rude and grumpy customers had been sent to him today. When he finally got off work he went outside only to discover that the rain was pouring down and he had forgotten his umbrella.

 

“Great!” he grumbled as he pulled his thin summer jacket closer together in an attempt to preserve some warmth on the walk home. He was walking briskly, shoulders pulled to his ears and back hunched, still grumbling angry nonsense when a car zoomed past him and made all the water on the road fly towards him, drenching him completely. He let out an angry roar, the feeling of the water making its way down his back and into his underwear. He’d stopped when he was drenched and now he took to angrily shaking his head in an attempt to stop his hair from dripping water into his face even though he knew it was useless and that his hair would be dripping again in a matter of seconds. Just as he was about to continue his brisk walk him he heard a small noise over the heavy beating of the rain. Something compelled him to stop and see what it was despite the rain and the dark cloud that was his mood at the moment. He looked across the road where the car had come but didn’t see anything. When he looked the other way he saw a cardboard box that had been completely darkened by the rain and he stepped closer to inspect it. There was about a centimetre of water in the bottom of the box and some old newspapers that scrunched up and put in a corner. Kyuhyun huffed, wondering what the box was doing there. When he turned to continue again he heard the same little noise a bit louder than before. He furrowed his brows, the water from his hair dripping into his eyes as he bent down and lifted one of the wet paper balls. Underneath it was a tiny white kitten, shivering in the cold as it too was drenched to the bone by the rain. The kitten blinked up at him and let out another broken meow now that his shelter had disappeared. Kyuhyun felt all his anger and frustration fade as he crouched down, no longer feeling the rain that was still falling around him.

 

“Hey little one. Why are you out here?” he asked softly and reached a hand down towards the kitten who meowed again and stumbled forward to Kyuhyun’s hand. Kyuhyun looked around the street in an attempt to find someone who looked like they were missing a kitten even though he knew there would be none.

 

“Come on, let’s go home and get you dried up,” he mumbled, carefully picking up the shaking kitten and gently tucking it under his jacket un an attempt to shelter it from the rain and give it a little warmth. The kitten lapped once at his hand with its little, rough tongue but otherwise it kept still apart from the shaking. He stood up and began walking home with newfound energy now that he wanted to get the kitten home and warm as quickly as possible. As a last minute thought he made a quick stop at a little 24-hour store and bought some canned kitten food; he knew Zhoumi would bug the hell out of him for feeding the kitten anything less than the best quality of cat food but this was better than waiting until tomorrow. He hurried home, finding a bunch of towels immediately after he closed the door to his apartment. He rushed to his kitchen, dripping water everywhere as he spread one of the towels out on the table and carefully extracted the tiny creature from his jacket. When he had sat the kitten down on the towel he quickly shed his jacket, leaving it in a wet heap on the floor, and sat down by the table to dry the wet kitten.

 

“Yes, I know, it’s not nice to be that wet and cold,” Kyuhyun agreed as the little kitten kept meowing pathetically while Kyuhyun dried it carefully with the ends of the towel. He noticed that the kitten was all white except the last five centimetres of its tail which were a faded dark grey colour. When he deemed the little one as dry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter