Cho Hee

Cho Hee - Soohyun

Two of you sat on the couch in the dim light as you rested against Soohyun’s chest. It was getting pretty late and your eyes began to fall as Soohyun’s arm wrapped around you. Suddenly alerting you, Soohyun’s phone went off as he quickly picked it up seeing that it was from the manager. 

"Manager?" Soohyun rested his head on the back cushion on the couch, "I understand. I will be there." Soohyun hung up the call as you looked up at him.

"Why was your manager calling?" You asked as you saw his concerned face. Soohyun let out a defeated sigh.

"I have to do a sudden fan signing and concert for Japan. I don’t think I can make Cho Hee’s Birthday Party." He looked down as he was really looking forward to being with her on her special day.

You smiled as you thought back to the day that Cho Hee was born. Soohyun was also on tour in Japan. He was supposed to come home that night, but of course she had to come in the morning. Luckily, both of you were able to hold off until Soohyun made it to the hospital, to see his baby girl being born. Now four beautiful and wonderful years later you were going to celebrate her birthday with almost the same circumstances.

"That’s ok, I think she will understand. I can handle the party too, even though she just wanted a Karaoke one. So all of her friends could sing with her, the same passion that she shared with her dad." You said as you gently wrapped your arms around him.

"I’m sorry, _____ -ah. I wish there was something I could do, but just like four years ago I can’t help it. I need to go." Soohyun’s smile gently came around as he flashed back to four years ago.

"She will understand. Don’t worry." You kissed his cheek gently as you began to yawn. He gently rubbed your arm.

"We have a big day tomorrow, we better go to bed." He kissed your head gently as you both got up and locked up the apartment. As you walked up the stairs to the bedrooms. Soohyun let go of your hand as you opened your door as you saw him go into Cho Hee’s room. He carefully approached her bed as he knelt by it taking her small hand in his.

"I am sorry princess, but I have to leave you and work tomorrow. I love you my baby. I will make it up to you, I am really sorry Cho Hee." He placed a kiss on her forehead gently as he gently pet her head as he got up and walked out of the room, taking one last look at her before he shut her door.

The rest of the night was peaceful and quiet as you got up early with Soohyun to help him pack and get ready for his day tour. Leaving you with a kiss he headed out the door.

By the time that Cho Hee woke up you pretty much had all of the decorations up as your apartment seemed to be decorated like a child’s club. With streamers and glitter, a disco ball over where they would be dancing and singing, lazers, fog and lights. Cho Hee came down the stairs as her face lit up happily at the decorations.

"Mommy is this all for me?" She ran into your arms.

"Yep, all for you and your friends on your birthday." You kissed her cheek as she smiled.

"Mommy, since it is my birthday can I dress like an idol like daddy?" She asked with such a child’s tone that it made you ache for Soohyun to see this. You nodded your head gently as she slid from your arms and ran upstairs to get dressed like an idol.

Soohyun was sitting in the airport as he got a video chat call from his daughter. With a smile on his face he accepted and saw her in her room.

"Hi Cho Hee! Happy birthday!" He said cheerfully

"Hi daddy, I just wanted your help choosing my outfit so I looked like an idol like you." She filed through her closet as Soohyun’s heart began to break, sad that he couldn’t be there in person. They choose the perfect outfit together.

"I love you daddy" She kissed the camera as he did as well.

"I love you princess, go have fun at your party." With that the call ended and it was time to board the plane.

A few hours later your apartment was filled with about a dozen little four year olds. They were all singing at the top of their lungs both boys and girls. Little Cho Hee was dressed in a short jean skirt as she had sparkly leggings underneath, she wore a sparkly jacket that complimented the plain tank top underneath. Of course bracelets and hair accessories were there as well as her personality that was bigger than she was.

As you passed out the microphone cake she blew out the candles with her one wish, for Soohyun to be here with her. She opened up the presents as she loved all of them. As the parents came to pick the kids up, she kept singing. Singing the whole night long, until you had cleaned up from the party and the last kid left hours ago.

"Cho?" You asked as she finished her song and looked at you with her tear filled eyes. "What’s wrong sweetheart?"

"I want daddy to be here, I want him to sing with me." Tears fell from her eyes as you wrapped her in a hug.

"How about we can stay up until daddy comes home ok?" She nodded in your shoulder as you held her tightly.

Finally, Soohyun arrived home. Punching in the code into the house he quietly opened the door to find his two favorite girls sleeping in each others arms. He let his bag fall to the ground as he gently woke you up with sweet kisses on your face.

"Was she ok today?" Soohyun asked as he looked at the sleeping Cho Hee.

"She missed you a lot, the little daddy’s girl." You loosened your grip from her as Soohyun smiled at her outfit as she held a card that she made for Soohyun telling him how much she missed him today. He gently lifted her onto his shoulder as he took your hand, leading you both upstairs. Opening Cho’s door he gently changed her as you changed in your own room and met back in hers as she was sleeping in his arms. Kneeling next to Soohyun you whispered gently in his ear.

"How about we let the birthday girl sleep with us tonight." Your fingers traced over his face and hers as he nodded happily. He got up carefully as he moved into his room putting Cho in between the two of you.

"Happy Birthday, my Cho Hee, my princess, my daughter."