The Hunt

Black Swan

Junhyung looked out from the balcony. A cold breeze swept past him, the smell of freshly cut grass and rain filled him. It was a wonderful night, or it could have been. If it weren’t for what he had to do.

  He switched out the blade to his knife, and looked down onto the bustling street. His eyes searched the crowd for the victim he was looking for. There, by the theatre. Son Dongwoon stepped out, and parted with the group of men he was with. Junhyung glided along the rooftops, following his prey.

  Dongwoon made his way down the bustling street into an alleyway. Junhyung laughed to himself. How foolish of him! This was going to be too easy. He slid down the fire escape and silently landed on a dumpster. He jumped down and walked quickly to the alley where he saw Dongwoon leave.

  He rounded the corner, abruptly stopping. He edged closer to the wall, watching carefully. He saw Dongwoon look around before he headed into an apartment complex. He ran through the street, and putting his knife between his teeth, he began to scale the wall.

  Upon making it to the third floor, he looked in. From what he gathered from his superiors, Dongwoon lived in 24C. He looked in and caught a glimpse of the closest door. 15B.

  “Damn it.” He swore under his breath. He’d have to climb higher to get to him. He once again began his ascent. As he made his way over the fifth floor, his foot slipped.

  “!” he gathered his bearings and got back up. He took a minute to catch his breath, and looked into the window. 18C. Close enough.

  Junhyung took his knife and wedged it beneath the window. After a few minutes, he managed to open it just enough to crawl in. He made his way up the stairs and frantically searched for the door. He stopped in his tracks as he neared. His mouth went dry. Was he really going to do this?

  Flashes of his face came into Junhyung’s mind. His childish smile, his sweet eyes, his adorable laugh. But then another image came into his mind. The apartment torn to shreds. The picture. The blood on the wall. He kicked in the door and ran at Dongwoon.

  “Aaargh~” he tackled Dongwoon, who had been in the kitchen. His gun on the table, he would have been completely helpless. If it hadn’t been for the fact that he had been chopping peppers.

  As they wrestled on the floor, Dongwoon’s phone went off. They both looked up at the device, placed precariously on the end table next to the couch. Dongwoon kicked Junhyung in his ribs, and attempted to crawl towards it. Junhyung took this opportunity to stab Dongwoon in the leg.

  Dongwoon cried out as the knife pierced his flesh.  He attempted to turn around with his own knife, when he saw Junhyung standing over him with another one of his kitchen knives. He placed his foot on Dongwoon’s throat.

  “Who sent you?” he asked, putting pressure on his windpipe.

  “Go to hell, douchebag.” He choked out, still trying to reach the phone. Junhyung bent lower and whispered.

  “Where is he?” Dongwoon smirked.

  “You’re little tramp?” he laughed. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on his knees begging Doojoon not to kill him, that is, if he isn’t doing anything else while he’s down there.” Junhyung swung the knife and sliced Dongwoon’s cheek open, blood oozing into his mouth and down his neck.

  “A bit sensitive, are we?” he asked, still smirking. Junhyung took his foot off of Dongwoon’s throat and took him by his neck, shoving him against the wall.

  “Where is he?” he asked. Dongwoon shook his head.

  “Burn in hell, you little .” Junhyung cocked his head.

  “Suit yourself.” He then proceeded to plunge the knife into his throat. He watched as the life left his eyes, and his head hit the floor. He ripped his knife out of his leg, and cleaned it off on the kitchen towel left on the counter. He threw the towel over Dongwoon’s face.

  He then reached over to the phone and looked at the blood spattered screen. ‘1 Missed Call.’ He pressed ‘Enter’ to see who it was.

  ‘Doojoon.’ Junhyung’s eye twitched in anger. He exited out of that screen and went to the voicemail.

  “Hello, Yong Junhyung.” Junhyung gave a small jump, before settling the receiver back onto his ear. “I’m sure by now; you’ve already taken out Dongwoon. I’m not surprised, he is rather weak.” The bastard gave a small chuckle before continuing. “I am also positive that you know what will happen to your, beloved if you don’t bring me the data disk.” He heard shuffling.

  “Hyung,” his heart skipped a beat as he heard his voice. “Hyung, I’m okay, don’t worry about me.” He then heard him whimper as he was thrown to the ground.

  “For now, he is fine. I’ll give you three days. That’s being generous. If you don’t give me the disk by then, there’s no telling what I’ll do to him.” He heard Yoseob whimper on the other end of the phone. “See you soon then.” The phone cut off.

  “Yoseob.” He dropped to his knees. “I will find you, and I will kill him.” He stood up, and calmly left, gently closing the door behind him.

 

END OF PART 1