When A Man Falls In Love

When A Man Falls In Love

I'm not good at writing fluff, I'm more of an angst writer so I hope you enjoy!


 

Hoya was in the middle of his class lecture tapping his pencil languidly on his notebook with nothing to do. He imagined JiSun next to him as he thought of their memories together. Usually, he would be more entertained with her sitting next to him talking about the most random things. JiSun is a girl that Hoya met two years ago during his freshman year of college. She was the most fun-loving, beautiful, and down to earth girl he has ever met. He was mesmerized by every single feature and flaw about her, but she couldn’t make it to class because she had an audition today.

The empty space next to him only made him feel lonelier. *I wonder if she’s done with a lesson yet,* he thought to himself. Just when he grabbed his phone out of his bag, it buzzed indicating that he received a text. Hoya face lit up like a little boy in a candy shop when he saw the name on the screen. JiSunnie. He immediately opened up the message and read it.

 

From: JiSunnie

Yah! Horadori~ Come out and meet me at the campus social area! Ppali! You know I don’t like waiting! ><

 

There was still 45 minutes left in class and almost everyone was asleep from the football game afterparty. Hoya quietly packed up his things and head straight the door. As he made his way to the area, he imagined a petite girl with shorts, a shirt that hang off one of her shoulders, and a neat side braid. Hoya’s chest tightened at the thought and blood was rushing to his face. *Aigoo~ JiSun-ah, what have you done to me?* His phone buzzed again.

 

From: JiSunnie

Ppaliwa! Geez, you’re so slow! You better hurry or else I’m leaving... ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Hoya was running at this point, but then he stopped and looked down at his scrubby attire. *I can’t show up in sweatpants to meet JiSun!* He thought as the picture of her popped up again. Hoya ran to his dorm and rummaged through his dresser and closet. *What to wear, what to wear,* he thought frantically. He pulled up a dress shirt with a skinny tie and black skinny jeans up to himself in the tall mirror. *Hm... Too dressy.* Next was a purple tank top with khakis. *Too casual... Why is this suddenly so hard to pick my outfit!? It was never this hard before.* After about five outfits he finally settled for his faded blue skinnies, and a plain white tee.

When Hoya arrived at the social area, he spot JiSun immediately and called out to her. JiSun was in her sweatpants, and a white shirt that hugged her curves, with her hair down in a tussle look. She turned upon hearing her name.

"Yah! You're late!" She playfully chided him.

"Well sorry! Because of a certain someone I had to sneak out of class," he played along acting annoyed.

"What?! You were still in class!?" She was no longer messing around. "Why didn't you tell me? We could have waited to meet up," JiSun suddenly felt guilty for making him cut class.

Hoya softened upon seeing her concern for him. *I would give up anything to be with you,* was what he wanted to say. "You made the message seem to urgent. I thought you were about to die or something."

"Well anyways, I got the lead role in the school musical!" She nearly screamed in glee.

"Woah! Chinjja! That's awesome!" He said as he shared her excitement.

JiSun stood back and examined him from head to toe. For the first time, he was actually nervous about what he wore; she gave him a weird questioning look. "Why are you dressed so nice on a Monday? You're usually in your sweats with a loose sleeveless shirt." Hoya felt his heart skip a beat. *She actually pays attention to my daily attire.*

"I just felt like dressing up today, but lets go!" He began to walk off.

"Wait where are we going?!"

"To celebrate," he said as he continued walking off casually with his hands in his pockets.

JiSun ran quickly to catch up to him and looped her arm around his. "Let's go to MyungDong! But wait I need to change!" She dragged him in the other direction. Hoya's heart stopped from her sudden action, but warmed up to it. *I could get use to this,* and he smiled away.

After a days worth of celebrating and lots of consumption of ddeokbokki, they decided to end it off with ice cream. They ordered and sat in one of the booths.

"Thanks for taking me out today," JiSun smiled happily as she ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"No problem, anything for you." Hoya said as he watched her eat.

"Anything?" She challenged him.

He panicked, how was he suppose to cover this now? "Y-y-yes, but only for today!"

"Chinjjayo?? Daebak!" She screamed in excitement but spilled ice cream on her shirt. "Aish, this is why I hate white shirts." She muttered.

"I'll go grab you a napkin," Hoya went to the counter and grabbed some. *C'mon Hoya, just give her the gift! It is for her, man up and give it to her!* He scolded himself as he went back to the booth and handed her the napkins.

When he got to the table, he handed her the little teddy bear from the bag. "Here, your congrats gift." He slid the teddy bear towards her with a red face. The bear held a little heart that said 'Congratulations!' and it was a little pocket, so there was a little message scroll there.

"It's so cute! Thank you!" She squealed. "Is the scroll for me?" He nodded without making any eye contact.

 

When a man’s in love, he wants to stay by your side

There’s always so much he wants to do for you

When I’m in love, I want to give everything in my life to you

With just one expectation, your heart

When I’m in love

 

JiSun looked up to him with wide eyes and was speechless. "Hoya," she softened at the heartfelt message.

He began to fidget, trying to form what to say. "Since this is your gift, all I'm asking is if you could accept my confession," Hoya blushed madly at what he was saying. "But you don't have to," he looked away not knowing how to face her. All Hoya felt was a soft whack in the head and he gave her a questioning look.

"Pabo! Do you know how you took to finally confess? I've been waiting for this moment for forever!"

"Really? So you accept?" His eyes glistens with hope and she nodded.

"Wait," she halted him. "Aren't these lyrics to 'Man In Love'??"

Hoya's face pinked, "Yah, don't ruin the moment." He playfully scolded her.

"Aigoo~ Always so greasy."

They continued to eat their ice cream happily as a couple. *You are finally mine,* he smiled contently.

 

 


UPDATE:
Aigoo~ I got goosebumps just rereading it ><
How do you fluff writers do this!? 
But yeah, I hope you guys liked it!
Sorry if it didn't meet your expectations or it's not what you thought it would be ><
Check out my other fanfics too?? Shameless advertising >< ---> The Things I Did For Her && I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE 3 OF YOU?! 
COMMENT <3/SUBSCRIBE ^^/SHARE :D