Chapter 1

The Best Memories

 

“Sometimes the best memories are sad, because you know they will never happen again.”

 
 

I look at her, and an unconscious smile crosses my face. So many memories flash through my mind. Images of us, of her, then of them. She smiles at me, then squeals cutely as he puts his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his embrace. I only smile. I don’t think you can call me jealous. No. I was jealous for a long time, but that all went away when I saw her eyes filled with hurt. A while ago, I realized that I only want her to be happy. No matter who she‘s with, me or him. I stare into his face. I’ve known that bastard for years upon years. Looking away, I smile a little. If it wasn’t me, then I’m glad it was him. My grin widens when he pulls her in for a deep kiss, amidst load groans of protest around the room.

Later that night, she pulls me away for a bit, away from her drunk fiancée. I snicker. He was never one to hold his liquor well. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” her voice is worried. I chuckle lightly, ruffling her hair, the familiar gesture bringing back so many memories. “If I wasn’t okay with it, don’t you think I would’ve protested by now?” I grin at her pout, “I’m really happy for you and him, truly. Of course, I would’ve been the better choice, but he would’ve been second best,” I wink at her and she shoves me playfully. “Oh shut up, will you?” She blushes, then drinks from her cup. I look around. Everyone’s either asleep on her couch, or too drunk to notice anything, her fiancée included. “Alex,” I call out softly to her, a bit of sincerity leaking into my voice. She turns her head, adorable innocence on her face. I smile softly at her, then lean forward to quickly press a kiss against her forehead, “I really am okay with this. Just you being happy… You have no idea how much I missed this genuine smile of yours.” She blushes again, then rolls her eyes in exasperation. “Thanks,” she says quietly.

“Do you need help with any of these idiots? I can take them home if you’d like,” I offer to try and change the subject. Alex looks surprised at the sudden topic change, then shakes her head a bit, “Nahh, I’m fine with them spending the night.” I grin at her, then reach for my jacket, “If that’s the case, then I’m going to head back to my place.” I get up to leave, and she nods, following me to the door. It’s chilly outside, and I push her back inside. I can tell she wants to apologize for everything that’s happened between us three. But I don’t want to hear it. “Alex,” I start, my tone firm but soft, “I am happy for you two. It’s two of my best friends getting together. Even if I suddenly got the chance to change things between us, I wouldn’t change anything.” I smile softly at her before ruffling her hair again. “It’s late, you should get some rest to take care of the hungover babies tomorrow,” I say with a grin, and I see that she has tears in her eyes. She nods slowly. “Goodnight,” I tell her, and walk out the door, closing it behind me. 

As I walk away from the building, I look up at the stars and smile softly. I think of me and Alex. I think of me and him. The two best friends. The two hyungs. Our fans called us the 87 line. Seungho and Byunghee. The inseparable duo. I chuckle in amusement, my breath misting in the cold air. I think to the present. We’re still close as ever, even with all the drama surrounding Alex. Over Alex, we’ve fought, we’ve shed tears, and we’ve gained some precious memories. Thinking back, I really wouldn’t have changed a single thing. “Sometimes the best memories are sad, because you know they will never happen again.”

 

So I'm really not sure whether or not to make this just as a one-shot, or have a whole story to it. Mainly this story is just about Seungho and GO fighting over a girl, and I would probably mix in a whole lot of tragedy in there. I don't know, would any of you want to read a story like that? And I might not be able to update often so... This might just end up as a one-shot... Leave me any comments below!! <3