To See the World Through Your Eyes

Through the Eyes of Your Heart

I'm sorry this took so long~

But here it is~!

Let me know if you like the ending or if I should add another chapter of YoonYul sweetness~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwon Yuri loved to take picture and it was a well known fact that she was good at it.

As a photographer for a well known arts magazine, she spent her whole life chasing opportunities to shoot the exotic places of the world.

Currently she stood on the top of a snowy mountain cliff, taking pictures of a family of falcons.

They took flight, one by one, and for Yuri it was one of the many wonders of the natural world.

She loved it.

“Hey Yul, we have to get going! Our flight’s in an hour!” called out her assistant and friend, Sooyoung

Yuri rolled her eyes as Sooyoung’s loud voice had scared away the falcons.

She grabbed her bag and walked towards her friend.

“Really Soo?! I was just about to get the best shot!” whined Yuri.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Yul, you know Tae’s going to love anything you shoot right?”

Yuri smirked proudly.

"Yeah I know. Anyway let’s go catch that stupid flight…”

~~~~~

The black pearl walked into her childhood friend’s office, who also happened to be her boss.

Currently Kim Taeyeon was yapping away at her phone.

From the conversion, Yuri concluded that her boss was talking to her wife.

“I’ll make sure to pick up some wings after work…. I know, buffalo not honey mustard… What? You want ice cream too?... Arasso… Okay… I love you too… Bye.”

Yuri sat down on the couch that occupied Taeyeon’s office.

“Was that Sunny?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Yeah, it’s hard feeding a pregnant woman. Anyway, how was the photo shoot?”

Yuri handed her a stack of photos as she grabbed the pot of coffee on Taeyeon's desk, pouring a generous amount into a clean white coffee mug.

The shorter woman looked through them and nodded at each one.

“Alright, these are pretty good. I think we can publish them."

Yuri almost spat out the coffee that she had been drinking.

“P-P-Pretty good?” coughed Yuri.

“Yeah pretty good… not awful but not amazing, so pretty good.”

The black pearl was shocked. She couldn’t believe it.

All her life she had gone through her career with people praising her for her pictures.

Pretty good was not acceptable.

“TAE! What’s wrong with these?! You ALWAYS say my pictures are amazing!"

The short woman merely shrugged.

"I don't know Yul... but recently you've been loosing your spark."

Yuri glared angrily up at Taeyeon.

"What the hell do you mean?!"

Taeyeon dug through her desk and pulled out a magazine.

She passed it to Yuri who picked it up and immediately examined it.

“This is…” said the tanned girl surprised.

“Yes it’s Tiffany’s magazine.”

Tiffany was Taeyeon’s ex and happened to be their magazine’s biggest rival.

“Look at page five Yul,” said Taeyeon as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

Yuri flipped to page five.

The black pearl almost dropped the magazine in her shock.

What she found was indescribable with her vocabulary.

Incredible did not even come close to describing the pictures that started from page five...

The first was of a woman, just her face.

The photographer had managed to capture the obvious emotion of pure love and devotion in the eyes.

Just by the emotions captured, it was clear that the picture was of a mother.

Amazing.

Yuri flipped the page.

Next it was a picture of a small girl laughing.

The wind-swept hair and ruddy cheeks represented the freedom of play.

The girl’s beautiful brown eyes were filled with wonder and curved in the most contagious smile.

It expressed childhood and youth.

Incredible.

Yuri flipped the page again.

This time it was a single flower reaching towards the sunlight as it grew upon the snowy earth.

The picture screamed hope and triumph.

Magnificent.

They were all obviously pieces of wonder and talent.

However Yuri's sharp eyes noticed the somewhat shaky angling of the lenses and the slight blurs of imperfection.

An inexperienced hand had taken these pictures.

But they were definitely art.

Whoever had taken the photo had captured the essence of being human, which was emotion.

It tugged at your heart strings. It warmed your soul…

What Yuri saw were masterpieces.

Her "experienced" pictures were nothing compared to these.

It was like the whole world had been swept off of her feet.

She was feeling dizzy and perplexed.

“Who took these?” asked the black pearl, wonder evident in her voice.

Taeyeon smiled and took the magazine, flipping to another page.

It was a biography of a woman named Im Yoona.

She was young and cheerful looking with her eyes alive with energy and life.

was wide open as she smiled.

Yoona’s dark brown wavy locks flowed gracefully down left side of her face all the way down to her shoulders.

From what Yuri could see that girl shouldn’t be taking pictures, she should be modeling for them.

“Im Yoona…” read Yuri, "These are the debut pictures of the 22 year-old Im Yoona. Miss Im studied abroad for two years in Paris and came back to her homeland to achieve her goal of becoming a photographer. Her dream is to touch everyone’s heart with the beautiful scenes of the everyday world around us. She will hold her very first gallery on October 14th at 7 pm… she’s 22 years old?!?!”

Taeyeon smiled.

“A couple years younger… buts she’s amazing isn’t she? Definitely has the potential to be something great…”

“Yeah…” agreed Yuri softly.

The dork knew she sparked some kind interest in the black pearl.

“So Yul… did you want to take up a writing assignment?”

~~~~~~

Yuri had left Taeyeon's office quickly after jotting down the address.

And now the shorter woman had some time to ponder the events that had taken place earlier that day.

The truth was Yuri had become blind with overconfidence.

As her boss and childhood friend, Kim Taeyeon was fully aware of that fact.

Of course the assignments that Yuri would complete were all absolutely amazing.

But recently they had become rather dry.

To an amateur’s eyes it would not be clear.

Yuri definitely had the talent of shooting with skill, clarity, and detail.

But Taeyeon had been in this business since she was a young teenager.

She could tell the difference from great pictures and masterpieces.

Taeyeon knew that her Yul was the best at creating and capturing photographs that were of something great.

Lately though she had noticed that slowly Yuri had began to loose her spark.

Something was missing from the black pearl’s photographs.

That was why this morning was a gift to her.

It had all started when she arrived at the office.

After she looked through the designs and the layouts of the first twenty pages of her magazine, her mail had arrived.

There had been a package from her ex-girlfriend and still close friend, Tiffany.

However Taeyeon was surprised to find a copy of Tiffany’s magazine;the eye-smiling girl knew that Taeyeon was subscribed to it.

Why did she bother sending her copy when she knew the latter would receive it?

That was when Taeyeon saw the date. It was an issue that would be coming out in a week, one that had not been released to the public.

There was a note attached.

Dear Tae,

Consider this as an early baby shower gift!

Congratulations to both you and Sunny! Both Jessie and I are so excited!

Can’t wait to see your beautiful bundle of joy!

Perhaps we can meet up for dinner on Monday?

Call me~!

XOXO-

Tiffany Hwang

P.S. I can’t believe I forgot to include this! Start at page 5 okay?

You’ll know why I sent this to you. Make sure you show Yuri too.

And if you want an interview she’s free tomorrow afternoon at 4.

The Rose Café.

And once Taeyeon had opened the book, she was absolutely entranced;Tiffany had hit a gold mine.

The short girl had immediately picked up her phone and dialed.

"Hello?" answered the other line.

"Where in the world did you find her?!?!" yelled Taeyeon over the line.

Tiffany laughed heartily.

"I see you received my gift. Tell you what, why don't we meet up for lunch a little later?"

"What time? Yuri's supposed to be coming back soon."

"Hhmmm... does 1 o'clock work?"

"Sure I'll leave as soon as I finish with Yuri."

Tiffany chuckled.

"Okay I'll see you then~! Oh... but Taeyeon?"

"Yes?"

"Yoona's still innocent so please don't let Yuri corrupt her?"

This time it was Taeyeon's turn to laugh.

"Hahahaha~ I can't control a kkab Ppani-ah~!"

~~~~~~~

Im Yoona currently had her nose buried in the dirt.

She had seen an absolutely beautiful monarch butterfly and she just HAD to capture it.

Sadly her companion had other things in mind.

“IM YOONA!”

The butterfly flew away quickly and Yoona frowned.

She turned around to see the angry figure of the ice-princess stomping towards her.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were leaving?!”

Behind Jessica was Tiffany, who had glistening eyes, close to tears.

“Oh my gosh YOOOONG~!”

Tiffany embraced the younger girl in a hug.

“I thought someone had kidnapped you!”

Yoona rolled her eyes at her overreacting unnies.

"I'm FINE~! I just wanted to get that monarch!"

The deer pointed to the butterfly that flew away and pouted.

"But now it got away~!"

Tiffany smiled in relief at the younger girl.

She was glad Yoona was okay.

"I'm sorry Yoong, but we can get that later. We have to go or we'll be late for lunch!"

Her shikshin ear's perked up at the word lunch and she smiled widely.

"Lunch? Yaaaayyyyy~! Last one there is paying~!!!! Come on Tiff-unnie~!"

Yoona knew Jessica would never run so she grabbed her unnie's hand and they ran towards the restaurant.

"YAH~! IM YOONA~! TIFFANY HWANG~!"

~~~~~~

Taeyeon glanced at her watch.

It was only 12:50. She was early.

But just as she was about enter the restaurant and grab a table, a voice called out to her.

"TAE-TAE!"

It was Tiffany along with the new photographer.

The eye-smiling girl was  beaming as she walked up to Taeyeon.

"You're here early Tae!"

"Hey Fany~! I know, dealing with Yuri was quicker than I thought it would be. Is this..."

Taeyeon stared at Yoona with interest as the deer blushed.

Tiffany giggled.

"Kim Taeyeon, this is my baby cousin, Im Yoona."

Yoona glared at Tiffany.

"YAH~! I'm only four years younger than you!"

The short girl smiled and held out a hand.

"Hi I'm Taeyeon. I'm the owner of SocialElite Arts magazine of Korea."

Yoona immediately took her hand and bowed.

"Omo~! It's such an honor to meet you! I'm currently with Fany-unnie's Arts Revenue Korea, but I hope to be a freelance photographer someday!"

"I saw your works; they're amazing!" replied Taeyeon with a charming smile.

Yoona blushed.

"A-A-Aniyo they aren't that great. I just have a good camera that I don't know how to use properly..."

Taeyeon was surprised with Yoona's attitude.

A normal person in this field of work with soak up the compliments and build up her status.

They would never admit their faults. Yet here was Yoona breaking both taboos.

Tiffany smiled at her as if she knew what Taeyeon was thinking about.

"Shall we get a table?" said the eye-smiling woman to break the silence that slowly clouded them.

Taeyeon nodded and led them towards the door.

"YAH~! What do you think you three are doing not waiting for me~?!"

Jessica huffed angrily and marched into the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~

After lunch Tiffany had invited Taeyeon to watch Yoona work.

Yoona was extremely excited as the three older women led her to an open field filled with flowers and butterflies.

She really was like a choding doe.

Yoona immediately leapt through the tall growing grass like a true deer.

Smelling the grass. Feeling the wind on her face. Greeting the birds and other little creatures. Rubbing her face against the flowers.

Jessica was right behind Yoona, keeping an eye on her as Taeyeon and Tiffany talked.

"What is she doing now?" asked the curious Taeyeon.

Tiffany eyed Yoona.

The younger woman was chattering away to the bubbling brook.

"She's obviously talking to the brook."

"Are you sure she's the one that took all those pictures that I saw earlier?"

Taeyeon was slowly starting to doubt Yoona.

She was so childlike and free.

The short boss couldn't believe that such a choding could take such amazing pictures.

"Hey Tae... I would never make something up. Watch her, she's going to surprise you..."

And surprise her she did.

"Unnie~! Look~!"

Yoona came bouncing up to them.

She held out her camera and showed them the picture she had just taken.

It was a picture of TaeNy.

Taeyeon was obviously glaring at Tiffany as the latter laughed.

The photo was a perfect depiction of their relationship.

Tiffany's light-heartedness and Taeyeon's more serious nature.

Yet the softness in Taeyeon's cheek as it created a lop-sided smile and they way Tiffany was staring at Taeyeon...

It was clear that the two of them were friends.

Yoona had even managed to capture the rare twinkle in Taeyeon's eyes.

Again Taeyeon was shocked.

Tiffany giggled at her friend as she stared dumbfounded at Yoona's retreating back.

Now the deer was kneeling in the dirt while pointing out a certain flower to Jessica.

She was giggling non stop as the ice-princess jumped in surprise.

Yoona had found a caterpillar.

Soon Taeyeon and Tiffany were watching a deer being chased by HellSica.

"How does she do it?" wondered Taeyeon out loud.

Tiffany smiled widely

"I wish I knew..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri sat in her shared apartment with Sooyoung, nursing a glass of wine.

Sooyoung was sitting on the couch, munching on chips and looking through the magazine that Taeyeon had giving her earlier.

"She's amazing Yuri... And beautiful~! Mannn~ if I weren't so in love with Hyo, I'd definitely make a move on her."

Yuri rolled her eyes.

"She's twenty two Soo, that's three years younger than you!"

Sooyoung shrugged.

"Age doesn't matter when it comes to love my friend... But anyway WOW!".

"I know... she's something..."

"Something?! She's amazing Yul~! I mean look at these~!"

Yuri knew her friend had a point, but she didn't want to admit it out loud.

After all shouldn't it have been the other way around?

She was the world renowned photographer.

Im Yoona was a beginner and an amateur at that.

Yoona should be the one awing and cooing at how great SHE was...

Not the other way around.

Yuri was confused. Very confused.

She knew she had talent. She had the skills.

Her photos were beautiful. Heck. She KNEW they were.

That's why she traveled so often to shoot them.

The trips weren't cheap but the beauty of nature was worth it.

And yet not even her rare Amazonian bird was a match against Yoona's photo of the everyday mother.

There was something that Im Yoona captured that Yuri couldn't.

What was it?

The black pearl chugged down the rest of wine.

"Hey Soo..." 

"Hmmm?" answered Sooyoung still unable to take her eyes off of the magazine.

"What do you think she has that I don't?"

The shikshin looked to the tan girl.

"Well first of all she has white skin, not you're dark tone. Second she has a beautiful smile. Third she-

"Choi Sooyoung. I'm being serious. What does she have that I clearly don't have?"

Sooyoung set the magazine down.

"What do you mean Yul?"

Yuri ran her hand through her raven hair and set down the empty wine glass.

"Her shots are obviously better than mine. But I''M the one that's supposed to be the world renowned artist. I'M the one who had a photo shoot on that freakin' cold snowy cliff. I'M the one with the talent and skill... Why is it then that a beginner and an amateur at that, has better shots than ME? And of the most simple things??? What does SHE have that I don't?! I'M supposed to be BETTER than HER!!!!!"

The black pearl angrily grabbed her jacket and camera bag.

She put on her shoes and marched out the door.

Sooyoung was left alone in their shared apartment.

The shikshin picked up her abandoned bag of chips and started to munch away on them.

"Well... for one... I think she has humility..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona absolutely loved cafés.

They were always busy and filled with many people. It was the perfect place to feel all that raw emotion.

Business men and women, rushing to work.

Impatience.

Women and teenage girls chattering and gigglling away.

Friendship.

Families sitting together for lunch.

Family love.

Couples being lovey dovey on dates.

Romantic love.

The bickering between friends.

Anger.

Friends comforting the crying ones.

Sadness.

The bustling workers.

Stress.

You name it and it was here.

Yoona's waitress finally came with her drink.

"Here you are unnie~! Sorry it took so long!"

Since she was a regular all the workers knew her. Today it was Seohyun serving.

"Thanks Hyunnie~!"

Yoona took a sip of her espresso and smiled.

"It's perfect!"

Seohyun smiled.

"And enjoy the strawberry shortcake, it's on the house!"

Her shikshin eyes twinkled happily.

"Yayayay! Mmmmmm~! It's delicious~!"

Seohyun suddenly sat down, surprising Yoona.

“Hyunnie, don’t you have to work?”

The younger girl blushed slightly.

“Ummm… I… I was wondering if you were free tomorrow night?”

Yoona tapped her chin as she went through her schedule.

“No, I think I’m free for the whole night~!”

“Then maybe… W-Would you like to have dinner with m-m-me?”

The deer smiled.

“Sure I’d love that!”

Seohyun’s eyes widened.

“Really?”

Yoona nodded.

“If you don’t mind picking me that is… Fany-unnie took my car for the weekend.”

Seohyun shook her head.

“Of course not! I’ll come pick you up at 7!”

“Sounds like a date~!”

The waitress smiled and left the table to go back to work and Yoona went back to her espresso.

~~~~

Yuri was late and she knew it. But old habits die hard.

The black pearl walked into the small café which was filled with people.

She scanned the crowd and finally found a familiar looking woman sitting in the corner.

Yoona had her eyes closed and she was soaking up the sun from the window.

Today the deer wore blue jeans and a plain loose blouse. Her hair was down and yet she still managed to look amazing.

She took a deep breath and approached Yoona.

"Hi are you Im Yoona?"

The woman opened her eyes and revealed her doe-eyes.

"HI! Yep! And you're Kwon Yuri-ssi right?"

Yuri smiled and sat down as Seohyun approached the table with a menu.

"What can I get you ma'am?"

The black pearl scanned the menu.

"Can I get a black coffee and butter scones please?"

"Of course ma'am, I'll be right back."

Yoona frowned at Yuri's choice. Black coffee was icky.

"You drink your coffee black?"

Yuri nodded.

"Why do you ask?"

Yoona frowned.

"Black coffee is so bitter~!"

The black pearl didn't know whether to laugh or roll her eyes.

This girl was such a kid. How the heck did she take those pictures?

"Anyway you're here to interview me right? What do you want to know?" said Yoona, interrupting Yuri's thoughts.

Yuri nodded and quickly took out her notebook and pen.

"Well first of all, your name, birthday, age, family etc."

Yoona giggled.

"My name is Im Yoona, but my family and close friends usually call me Yoong or Yoongie. My birthday is May 30. I'm 22. I'm a Gemini. I have an older sister. She's a lawyer and currently she works in the states. Married and has two sons, so I have two nephews. I don't really talk to her very often though since we have a large between us. My dad is a salesman. He's pretty great. Supportive and everything. I didn't know my mom. She passed away when I was 3 from a car accident."

"I'm sorry for your loss," mumbled Yuri solemnly, making the deer laugh.

"No need. It was such a long time ago that I don't even remember..."

Yuri's coffee arrived making Yoona frown. The black pearl smirked and decided to tease the deer.

She took a sip, "Mmmmmm... delicious~!"

Yoona scowled, knowing Yuri was teasing her. 

"Anyway," continued Yuri, "this is the big question, what's your inspiration for your photos?"

This time the doe-eyed woman smiled quite widely. She dug into her pure and pulled out a photo.

Yuri was intrigued as she took it in her own hands and examined it.

The photo was of a girl, no older than 17.

She was beautiful, with her silky black hair and pale skin.

"Who is this?"

Yoona smiled sadly at the picture.

"She's my inspiration. Her name is Kim Ara."

Yuri looked up at Yoona with surprise written all over her face.

"You have a girlfriend?"

Yoona started to laugh.

"Hahahahaha no~! Ara-unnie was 7 years older than me."

"But she looks only 17 in this picture..."

"Ara-unnie passed away when she was that age," continued Yoona.

Now Yuri was simply confused and she gave the deer a questioning look.

"I guess I should tell you the story huh?"

Yuri nodded.

The doe-eyed woman took a large sip of her coffee as Yuri got out her recorder.

A happy little smile crossed Yoona's face as she closed her eyes and thought back to the fond memories.

 

~~~~~~~~

*Flashback to 12 years ago*

A ten-year-old girl happily roams around the garden of a children's hospital.

She has bright doe-eyes and they sparkle as the girl talks to the variety of koi in the little pond.

Her nurse was right behind the little girl, holding an IV stand.

But regardless of how seriously sick Yoona looked, the little girl was determined not to let it affect her.

The deer bounced from stone to stone as she fed the excited fish.

The nurse had trouble watching her as Yoona kept yanking on her IV.

From a few feet away a girl of about 17 looks on at the cheerful young child.

The beautiful teen wears pajamas and she has an ID bracelet, showing that she also resides in the hospital.

She holds a camera in her hands and she is snapping away photos of the little deer.

Yoona heard the clicking noises and looks up from her playing.

"Ara-unnie~!"

Ara smiles and walks over to Yoona as the little girl embraces her.

"Nure Lee, I can take Yoona's IV if you'd like?"

The nurse nodded and smiled.

"You two have fun okay? And Yoona don't get into trouble!"

"Naeeeee~!" replied Yoona.

As soon as Nurse Lee was out of sight Ara handed Yoona her own IV stand.

"I know you're big enough to carry that by yourself sweetie~!"

The deer smiled and took her IV in one hand and linked the other with Ara's.

"Let's go to your room unnie! I want to see all your pretty pictures again!"

~~~~~

Every inch of Ara's hospital room was covered with pictures.

Yoona loved to stare at them.

They were pictures of everyday things, people, toys, etc.

But for the little girl it was like exploring the whole entire world in one little place.

"Ara-unnie, why do you like to take pictures?"

Ara motioned for the little girl to come sit in her lap to which Yoona happily did.

The older girl grabbed one of her favorite pictures.

It was of her mother holding the tiny hands of her baby sister’s a very long time ago.

“Look at this one Yoongie, what do you think when you see this?”

Yoona frowned as she thought hard.

Suddenly Yoona smiled and looked up at Ara.

"I think about my mommy!”

Ara smiled.

“That’s right Yoona-ah... Pictures are amazing. They can speak without a voice...”

Little Yoona was confused by the statement.

But as she saw the wonder and emotion shimmer in her unnie's eyes, she couldn't help but feel awed as well.

~~~~

*Several weeks later*

Yoona was not having a good week. Her heart was finally taking its toll on her.

Today she was too weak to even get out of bed.

The deer lay on her bed, fast asleep, exhausted from her medicine and treatments.

Nurse Kim sat next to the bed monitoring Yoona and frowning.

Ara tiptoed into the room.

"Ara sweetie, how are you doing?"

The older girl smiled at the nurse, "I'm doing well. How is Yoona?"

Nurse Kim's smile vanished.

"To be honest sweetie, Yoona isn't doing so well this week. She needs a transplant soon or else..."

The nurse swallowed hard to control her tears.

Ara paled and her own heart almost stopped.

She couldn't think of Yoona being gone. The little girl had grown on the older girl and she loved the little deer like her own sister.

Ara the pale face of the small girl as Yoona whimpered in her sleep.

"Hold on just a bit longer arasso? Unnie will make everything better."

Nurse Kim's eyes widened at Ara's statement.

"Ara honey, I've been hearing rumors but... You're not serious are you?"

The young girl smiled softly at Nurse Kim.

"Yoona has so much to live for. She's kind and brave while I'm too meek. I want Yoona to be happy."

~~~~~

Yoona was extremely confused.

All she remembered was large bright lights and then she had fallen asleep.

Now that she was awake, she felt a dull ache in her chest and found it covered in bandages.

"Yoongie?"

The deer looked to find her older cousin, Tiffany at her bed side.

Yoona coughed to get the icky feeling out of .

"F-F-Fany unnie? Where's Ara unnie?? She said she would be here when I woke up..."

Tiffany held her tears in as she watched her little cousin struggle with the anesthesia and confusion.

"Just sleep now Yoongie, unnie will be here when you wake up..."

~~~~~~~~~

*Three years later*

Yoona was now 13 and she had finally begun to slowly understand what her Ara-unnie had done.

She currently knelt at her unnie's gravestone as she held a letter in her hand.

The day before, Tiffany had finally given Yoona the letter she was entrusted with, three years prior.

A single tear rolled down her face as she traced over the engraved letters of Ara's name.

Yoona thought back to the letter that Ara had left her. She had read and reread so many times that she had memorized every single word...

My Deer Little Yoona

By the time you read this, unnie will no longer be at your side.

I know we promised to be together forever and I will not break that promise. I am always going to be with you Yoona-ah.

Unnie is inside you now as your new heart~.

Yoona-ah, you were too young to understand but I was very, very sick.

I had a terminal brain tumor that could not be removed.

I was told I would not survive a long time before I met you.

This made me very sad and I was very depressed for a long period of time.

My parents and younger sister had also passed away in car accident soon after and I was devastated.

The hospital had to put me on suicide watch and my days were all of suffering.

Just waiting for my last breath. That is until you came into my life my Yoong.

You were so bright and full of life! 

The first time we met, you wouldn't stop smiling or laughing.

I couldn't believe that you were actually also very sick, heart disease.

The more time I spent with you, the more I wanted you to be cured.

You made me realize that there was so much to life. The world had so much to offer.

Through your constant smile and unpredictable nature, I was able to find something to live for.

Even if it was for a short time.

That's why unnie took some tests and luckily I had great results!

I was the perfect match as your donor Yoona! I could save you and make you better!

When I heard this, I knew this was the right thing to do. 

You are much stronger and braver than I am. I want you to live the life that I was not able to live.

Laugh when you are happy.

Cry when you feel sad.

Scream when you are angry.

Shake when you feel scared.

Smile everyday.

And one day I hope you fall in love…

Whatever you do, just learn how to feel every emotion .

Cherish them because that is what it means to be alive. To be human.

My deer Yoona, live everyday to the fullest. That is my only wish for you.

The only other request I have is that I have left you my camera.

It would be wonderful if you could take pictures of anything and everything you see.

So that perhaps one day, I will be able to see them too.

Live well my deer little Yoona.

Please take good care of my fragile heart and raise it up strongly.

All my love,

Kim Ara.

*End of flashback*

~~~~~~~~

Yoona set her now empty coffee mug down.

"At first all I wanted was to capture pictures of everything I saw. Whenever I took them, there was a warm feeling in my heart. But then when I showed other people, it made me happy that they also liked what I saw. I decided I wanted to share what Ara-unnie saw of the world. I want everyone to see the emotions I capture and feel the same joy I do. Hehe~ but I still need practice though..."

Yuri was stunned. She couldn't utter a single word.

All her life, she had seen photos as the perfection of angles and the clarity of colors.

She had never thought of the emotions that were in them.

Yuri now understood she was not fit to even think about being a photographer if Yoona was one.

The black pearl could not help but feel awed by the younger girl.

She turned off the recorder and got up from her seat.

"Thank you for your time Miss Im; I have to get going now."

Yoona smiled.

"I'm happy I could help you. Is they're anything else you'd like?"

Yuri grinned.

"Would you like to go on a shoot with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona was extremely happy as she was back in the field again. She chased after the sparrows and felt the warm breeze on her cheeks.

Yuri on the other hand stood very still. She was fidgeting with her camera since she had no idea what to shoot.

It was then that the black pearl saw the most beautiful sight her eyes had ever seen.

Yoona was directly under the sunlight, making her hair shine and eyes sparkle.

She had a wide smile on her face, showing all her teeth, as the deer happily looked up at the blue sky.

Something moved automatically within Yuri, as she began to snap away photos of Yoona.

She didn't stop until she realized that she had filled all the space left in her memory.

2,440 pictures...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri couldn't sleep that night.

She sat in bed as thousands of pictures of Yoona surrounded her.

More were on her laptop as she scrolled through them all.

Yuri couldn't tear her eyes away from the captivating doe-eyes.

The alligator smile.

The fly-away bits of hair.

The blush in her cheeks.

It was all beautiful to her...

Yoona’s voice rang in her head.

“I want everyone to see the emotions I capture and feel the same joy I do “

Yuri picked up her phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hello?" answered a groggy voice.

"Hey Tae, I want to resubmit my assignment..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Several weeks had passed since Tiffany's magazine had finally been released to the public.

Yoona became an overnight star and soon she was quite busy with her many assignments.

Today however she had received the day off and she was relishing it.

However her phone rang suddenly waking her from her slumber.

She was surprised to find that it was Yuri.

“Hello? Yuri-unnie?”

“Yoona? Is that you?”

“Nae~ how are you? Did you want to meet up for another interview hehe~?”

“A-A-Aniyo… Actually I was wondering if you could open the door…”

Yoona was puzzled but got up from her couch and made her way to the door.

She opened it and almost dropped her phone in surprise as Yuri was standing there.

“Y-Y-Yuri-unnie?”

The black pearl smiled and stepped into the cozy apartment.

Yoona closed the door behind her.

“I-I… what are you doing here unnie?”

Yuri meekly rubbed the nape of her neck and pulled out a package.

“I wanted to give you this…”

The deer took the neatly wrapped package and opened it.

She was surprised to find Taeyeon’s magazine staring up at her.

“Page 12…” whispered Yuri, fiddling with her thumbs.

Yoona flipped to the page and her jaw dropped in shock.

She found five different pictures of herself.

They were all beautifully taken and they seemed to capture all of Yoona’s nature perfectly.

The choding side.

The vulnerable side.

The bright, cheery side.

The serious hard-working side.

The sweet and gentle side…

However Yoona was taken back when she saw that Yuri was the artist behind them.

“H-H-How… W-W-Why…???” stuttered Yoona as she slowly turned red, blushing darkly.

Yuri smiled charmingly at the younger girl.

“A few weeks ago my boss told me I had lost a spark in my pieces. She completely blew me away when she showed me the works of a fairly young and inexperienced photographer. I interviewed this young woman and I expected to crush her will and humiliate her. I was upset that she was better than I was, even though I was the experienced one. But something happened…”

Yuri took hold of one of Yoona’s hands and gently kissed it, making Yoona blush even harder,

“She told me an amazing story of love and life. She told me how I should look at the world. Not through the eyes or my lenses… but through my heart. I was absolutely captivated by this young woman. I wanted to try taking pictures like she did. So I invited her to take some photos. But sadly, I couldn’t concentrate. The world around me just didn’t entrance me as that photographer had done. That’s when I looked at her…”

This time Yuri pulled Yoona’s hand so now they were nose to nose and she could stare at the doe-eyes she had longed for over the past few weeks.

“She was so beautiful… I couldn’t keep my eyes away from her. I had to take pictures of her. I wanted to. She tugged at every heartstring in my stone heart. She warmed me up and as I snapped away at her, I fell for her. I fell so hard for her. These past few weeks, you are the only thing I could think about Yoona-ah…”

Yoona gasped at the confession and quickly looked away.

But Yuri would not have any of that.

She carefully pulled Yoona’s chin to face her and the black pearl smiled.

“You’re my inspiration Im Yoona. Will you do the honor of letting me stay by your side?”