Final.

Best Friends Makes The Best Lovers

"Ya, where are you. You're so late! It's Friday and it's the day for our BESTFRIEND date." Jongdae nagged from the other side of the phone. Did he have to emphasize on the word, best-friend?

My bestfriend is Kim Jongdae who also goes by the name, Chen. We practically grew up together and I watched him grow from being such an adorable child to the annoying troll that he is now. His first ever prank was trying to trip people. He always acted nonchalant and would suddenly stick his leg out from under the table. Apparently, what he loves the most about doing the pranks is the reaction of the person he played a prank on. He is weird, I know. 

From then on, his pranks got worst. He went to put the blackboard eraser on top of the door and almost died trying to catch his breath. The prank was meant to be for the bullies but Jung Saem was a step ahead and it dropped right on top of him. I clutched my stomach hard trying my best not to laugh at my panic-stricken and embarrassed teacher. Another prank was putting a 'fart pillow' on the teacher's chair - that almost got him into detention. 

I have always been the one saving his when his pranks go wrong or when his pranks are caught. I still don't know why I stick with this idiot when I'm risking my own self too. He even managed to convince me to help him out for a prank. It's better to not talk about it. Let's just say, the pranks didn't go too well and we were almost kicked out of the school. Honestly, he doesn't really pick a place, time or a person to do the prank. As long as he thought of a prank, he will execute it right away. He also keeps track of the prank he has done and the ones on his "to-do list" in a notebook. Weird? Exactly. 

You might have questions like "Isn't that normal if he's your best friend and you help his when he needs you?". My answer is a half yes and a half no. It was only recently that I saw Jongdae as a man. He became overprotective, full of manners and thoughtful. I've tried to think of the feelings I had for him something that is wrong. I denied it many times but my heart never fails to flutter whenever I see him.

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

I looked up and found him with his eyebrows furrowed, concentrating and analysing my facial expressions. Well Kim Jongdae, I'm your bestfriend for a reason. Let's do this.

I kept my pokerface on and nodded. He continued to stare at me. I can't let my guard down now, if I get caught I'm sure he'll do something back at me. I kept quiet throughout the whole dinner while silently stealing glances at the boy infront of me. I watched his fluffy caramel hair fall perfectly, his mouth forming a cute little pout and his eye smile visible. 

"Stop staring. Do you actually like me that much?" He asked nonchalantly. 

You have no idea how much I like you. Wait no, like is an understatement. Why can't you see me as someone you love? Why must you see me as your bestfriend? Why are you oblivious about my own feelings?

I felt my cheeks became hotter every second and tried my best to keep my pokerface on. I sat upright and continued to devour the food laid out infront of us. He stared back at me as he watched me in amusement wipe out the food he ordered. 

"Will you stop that? You're a girl so stop eating so much." was the only thing he said before going off to the toilet. I glared at his back as he disappeared behind the wall. He came back not long after and settled back down on the seat infront of me. He continued staring at me in awe as I continued to finish up the left overs. 

"I'm still wondering how you can not gain weight from eating so much. If I ate as much as you, I'll probably gain 20kg." He said and I can feel him smirk in his smile. 

I smiled back bitterly and gaped at him. We continued to talk until we got to desserts. Our topics ranged from his family, to our respective careers and that includes his group, EXO. Now, let the prank begin, Mr Troll. I'll insult you tonight and we'll see what happens to you. 

"Ya, Jongdae-ah, how's the members? I haven't heard from them lately." I asked with my eyebrows raised. 

"They're good. They want you to come over to the dorm sometime. Kyungsoo said he'll prepare his kimchi spaghetti." He replied as he kept poking his steak. I my lips at the thought of Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti and apparently, that caught his attention. He gave me a disgusted look and turned to his food again.

“So, when should we go? I miss the members.” I asked, watching as he furrowed his eyebrows and stared back at me.

“No idea.” He shrugged.

“By the way, I just saw your recent performance!” I squealed and that caught his attention.

“Hmm?” He hummed a reply.

“You know, I realised, Baekhyun’s voice is so much nicer than yours. Jongin is so charming when he dances. Oh oh! And Chanyeol, his low voice when he raps, it just melts me every single time! Kris Oppa, oh I have no idea where to begin. ” I chirped. Just when he thought that I finished my fangirling, I continued complimenting the other members except him. I can see steam coming right out from his ears.

“Jongdae ah, don’t be mad. You’re voice is good. For trot especially!” I said, trying to cheer him up.

“Thanks.” He replied quietly and beamed at me.

“Uh, but just a question. When will EXO ever perform TROT?” I asked, sticking my tongue out at the same time. Jongdae’s face started to contort in fury, nostrils flaring and his eyes were on fire. I gulped. I didn’t expect it to go this far.

“Hey, come on. I was just kidding. Let’s go to your favourite hangout place! I’ll pay the bill.” I offered, managing to choke it out. His eyes were seriously no joke and it was scaring me.

Afterwards, we reached the place. It is no other than EXO’s Practice Room in SM Entertainment. It is his favourite hang out place as he grew up here and became the ‘Chen’ everyone knows him as. I quickly ran to the stereo and played a song.

“I’m not in the mood to dance.” He whispered.

“That’s good. You're terrible anyway. “ I retorted.

“YA! MY FANS CALLS ME CHEN-SING MACHINE FOR A REASON. LET ME SHOW YOU!” He yelled and walked to the centre of the practice room. He began doing random body waves, shuffling and I don’t know what. I bit my lip hard, trying to hold in my laughter. I couldn’t take it anymore and collapsed on the floor, gasping for air. He continued to dance his out in the middle of the room and I wish I got that recorded down on video. Maybe I can show it to his fans in the future.

After a good five minutes, he was still dancing and I have yet to recover. I clutched my stomach that hurt from laughing too much and walked over to the couch. Once he was done, I casually threw a bottle of water at him which he caught expertly. 

He walked over to couch and crashed on it. The layer of sweat on his skin glistened and the veins in his neck and arms were more obvious than ever. Do you ever realise how handsome you are that it's killing me?

As he sat there trying to catch his breath, he looked out of the window, and I could have sworn my heart started throbbing erratically seeing the almost perfect replica of a Greek god right before me. Even his V-neck shirt was stuck to his body, clearly showing the outline of his defined abs. He is so hot, I'm not even kidding. 

"I'm so proud of myself for liking you. You're so hot." I blurted out. He turned and look at me with his mouth open. I quickly covered my mouth. Damn it, why did I just say that. It's so embarrassing. I continued blabbering alien language to distract him and covered my face in embarrassment. I felt like digging a hole and hiding there. 

He chuckled after awhile and quietly grabbed my hands. He pulled them away from my face and my face turned redder than it already was. 

"Listen to me." He said gently while maintaining his eye-contact with me. "I thought I was the only one feeling this way. You've always been the special one. Saving my whenever, insulting me and even my source of encouragement. You don't know how much I'm glad to have you in my life. You're like this ball of sunshine that makes everything right after it all goes wrong. Now let me ask you, will you be my girlfriend?" He finished his speech with a genuine smile, making my heart flutter. 

I was in a state of shock and I didn't know whether it's all a dream. I nodded shyly and covered my blushing cheeks. 

"Yes!!!" He yelled and I felt his hands snake around my waist. I closed my eyes as the noise in the room stops, losing myself in this dream-like situation. I've never felt so safe and comfortable in someone's arm. It felt like I have no worries, no fears, just a calm feeling.

"Ew, can you change your shirt? You're smelly!" I said pushing him away from me while pinching my nose.

"Wait. So I can do this now right?" He asked as he grabbed my face ever so gently and leaned in. He pecked my lips a couple of times and I felt myself melt away. He kissed my cheeks as light as hush and returned to my mouth very slowly. I lifted my hands out of his, and pulled them up high to his shoulders, where I entwined them with his soft light brown hair. He put his hands down to my waist while pulling me closer to his chest. I was his, and he was mine. And that's all that matters.