Don't Cry Noona

You're My Happiness

He slid into the stylist’s chair, just happy he could get a glimpse of her face again. Oh Sehun had a massive crush on the stylist noona, and he hadn’t told anyone yet. Not that he was planning on telling anyone. She was a few years older than him and absolutely perfect. She had a great smile, great personality… she was the type of girl he wanted to bring back to his mother and brag about. To Sehun, she was absolutely radiant, ethereal even. The moment he saw her he knew angels existed, as corny as that was. In Sehun’s eyes she was perfect, but maybe he was incredibly biased. It didn’t matter to him. There was one flaw though…

“Sehun!” You chirped, walking over to him with a smile, ruffling his hair since he was already in his seat. Your eyes scanned over the number of boys that were in the salon at the moment, noting that it was only EXO-K who had shown up that day.

Sehun watched her in sheer adoration as she leaned against the counter in front of him. How her long hair cascaded and fell so elegantly, how her slim figure looked as you reclined. Everything about her was sheer iness. So far, the day was going well, the trip was quite enjoyable. He was glad that the K members were being styled before the M members. Maybe then he could avoid—

“How is Luhan doing?” You asked, realizing he wasn’t there. You had a huge crush on Luhan because despite his childishly cute appearance, he screamed manly. As soon as he walked into a room, all eyes were drawn because he had a surprisingly charismatic and masculine aura that surrounded him and charmed people quite easily. This allure didn’t translate from behind a camera; it was more of an “in person” thing. You instantly fell for him, although it was hard not to. You really wanted to date him, and the only way you knew how to get close to him was through his best friend (although you were friends with him too), Sehun. “Is he going to be coming today?”

It was like a punch in the gut for the idol. Here he was, a perfectly good looking talented celebrity, and all she looked at was his best friend. The thought of his crush crushing on his best friend was heartbreaking. He wanted to hate Luhan, and he wanted to hate her, but he couldn’t because he just felt so strongly for both of them. Especially considering Luhan was his best friend, of all people, his most precious hyung. Whereas she was his ideal, his angel. How could he hate either of them? Albeit a strong dislike for the situation, he couldn’t harbour any ill feelings towards either party. It wasn’t their fault the situation was like this… no one was really at fault.

“He’s fine… he’s coming in later.” The boy replied honestly, chastising himself mentally for even bothering to let her know the truth. But it was her next action that caused him to remember why he told her these things… she smiled. Her smile was radiant and full of love and joy. His heart jerked in his chest as he remembered that this smile was for Luhan and not for him. How he yearned for her to light up like this for him.

The spell that was his reverie was broken easily as her fingers combed through his hair calmly. Sehun couldn’t help but picture curling up with her on a cold winter’s day at home, as lovers. She could lovingly ghost her fingers through his hair and he could bury his face into her neck, nuzzling her out of happiness. Slipping his eyes shut, Sehun desperately tried to create this dream in his head, hiding from the reality of the situation. Escaping from the salon, and having his hair done, to a magical world where his dream girl was his. Sure he ought to savour his time with his beloved noona by conversing with her, but the teenager preferred to project happy hallucinations in his head whilst pretend to sleep instead of hearing about his hyung.

The door swung open to Sehun’s dismay as the Exo-M members loudly started to file in, including Luhan.

“_________!” He called out, running over excitedly. “Guess what?”

Sehun refused to open his eyes as he tried to relish in the fleeting sensation of her fingers along his scalp. Nothing was going to ruin his time with his noona, not if he could help it.

“What?” You asked, pinning Sehun’s hair up and looking around for a straightening iron. Nothing could prepare you for the words you were going to hear next.

“I got a girlfriend!” Luhan exclaimed proudly, pulling out his phone with a picture of a beautiful Korean woman as the screen saver posing cutely with him.

Sehun’s eyes shot open in shock as the hands in his hair froze, trembling ever so slightly. His eyes shot up to her reflection in the mirror. Her skin tone had become quite pale, and she was gaping, attempting to formulate words in her brain. His eyes scanned through every detail and he could even see how her eyes had started to water up. He wanted to say something, to get her out of this situation, but he didn’t know what or how! Quite frankly, Sehun was just as shocked as she was. He let himself get dragged up to his feet as she claimed to not have her straightening iron, though he could see the bright pink tool hidden in her supply cart. It didn’t matter. She was trying to escape and he was following right behind her quickly. This was his chance right? She needed someone more than ever! Now she could finally be his! But not a word was said as she dragged him further inside the salon. Nothing was said as she brought him to a seat near no one and broke down into tears.

His heart squeezed tightly. Now was not the time for moving on. She still loved him. Sighing, Sehun pulled her into his arms, plopping her down in his lap as he cuddled her and petted her head, letting her tears soak his shoulder. Although he wasn’t her first choice for romance, Sehun was glad that she was relying on him for this at least. It showed she thought about him, that she trusted him… albeit being a bad idea considering his feelings. He wanted to cry that he was not the first pick in her mind, and he wanted to punch Luhan for being such a although he had no clue about her feelings. He wanted to kiss away her tears and whisper sweet nothings into her ear until she calmed down. But he said nothing, he let her sobs fill up the tense and silent air around him. Sehun knew his flirting would be unwelcomed here, and he had no idea what to say otherwise.

“I just wanted to be the one to make him happy…”

You would make me happy noona.