CHAPTER 6 : HOLD ON EUNJUNG

SHE WAS NOT ME

Eunjung parked her car and walk into Nickhun’s house. She’s standing at entrance, and looking around the house like a boss.

‘This guy was pretty rich. Nah, his parent owned this wealth, not him. I don’t think that jerk can live without his parent.’ She pouted her lower lip.

She walking upstairs, heading to Nickhun’s room. But then, she stopped halfway, thinking. “Did he say his room was on left or right?” she lightly knocked her head. “How you can forget to ask most important thing? Ah.. Never mind, his father wasn’t here by the way.”

As she open the door, first thing that appeared in front her was a tall full figure person with muscular abs and broad shoulders. Eunjung notice he's wearing nothing besides a towel around his waist. Water dripping from his wet hair give y view of him makes Eunjung’s jaw drop.

She had not yet closed the door back, he caught her.

“Hey, what’s up bro?” he ask as he walking towards her.

‘What to do.. What to do. Pabo Eunjung!’ Eunjung can’t even lift her head up.

“I just pass..” her words stopped as she look at the guy who standing in front her. “Top shi?” The name was automatically blurted out from . ‘What’s he doing in here?’

“Top shi? Do you have fever?” Top furrowed his eyebrows.

“No. I mean, Top. What are you doing here?” Eunjung stuttered.

Top laughed. “I’ve already stayed here for a week. What a weird question for your own older brother?” He asked, grinning.

Eunjung was speechless. ‘He’s Nickhun brother? Why he didn’t say anything about Top earlier? I will kill him as soon I meet him later.”

“Haha.” Eunjung laughed awkwardly. “I was just joking around; don't take it so seriously hyung. I’ve got to go. See you later.”  Eunjung says walking backward and quickly walks to Nickhun’s room.

“Is he just called me hyung?” Top ask to himself.

 

Meanwhile,

‘Why I feel like I forgot something? What was this feeling? ’ Nickhun who’s waiting at their practice room suddenly wake up from couch. “Nah, it was nothing.” He shook his head and lay back on the couch.

“!” He runs towards the door.

 

Eunjung lean her back at the door and breathe a sigh of relief. She wiped off the sweat from her forehead.

“Fuhh. Thank goodness. Damn you Nickhun.” She cursed but then a smile draw on her face. “Top was hot earlier. Oh God, I can stay in this house forever if my brother was him.” Eunjung chuckled.

“Okay. Let me settle this first.” She said as she takes out the list that Nickhun’s write earlier. “Is he wrote a journal?” The list was 3 pages long. She throwed them on the bed and sit at the edge of the bed and her eyes observe every single edge of the room.

“His taste was not bad.” She pouted her lower lip while nodding. Seems like a habit. She slammed her body on the bed and grinning. ‘Feels like heaven’

“Auch.” She holds her stomach. “This stomach doesn’t have any discipline at all.” She jogged off into toilet.

Not a while Eunjung went into toilet, Top enter the room. His eyes catch the list sheet. He takes a few seconds to read all of them. I knew it!

Eunjung who just get out from the toilet was startled with Top presence in her room.

“What..”

“Who are you?” Top cut off Eunjung’s words.

Eunjung was stunned with Top sudden question. ‘Did he know?

“Hyung, what do you mean? I’m Nickhun, your brother.” Eunjung says, pretend to act cool. But God knows how fast her heart beats at that time.

“Once again, who are you?!” His loud voice echoed in the room, enough to turn Eunjung’s face to white.

“H..H..Hyung. I..I” She was trembling. ‘God, please help me.’

“I really hate when people lying. You leave me with no choice.” Top says. His face was stern, approaching her.

Eunjung was thinking the way out, when all of sudden she run towards the open door. That was her only hope. But Top was faster than her. He grab Eunjung’s waist before she could escape and throw her back into the room.

“Why are you running? This is your house by the way.” He said, grabbing her collar. Their face was an inch away.

Smirk that appear on his face makes Eunjung want to faint. It doesn’t turn to y, but it was scary!

When a man try to hurt you, kick him in the balls.Jiyeon’s word was playing in her head. With all the energy that she has, she kicked Top in his balls and run away.

Top was groan in pain. Her action likes adding oil into the fire. Top can’t control his anger when he run to her and grab her hand and pull Eunjung backward. Eunjung who wasn’t balance, falling, and she hit her head at the edge of the table.

Top who still doesn’t satisfied, come towards her. He was ready to give another punch on her face when someone stopped him, grab his hand.

“Stop it! It was enough.”

Top turn his back, and he was startled. “Eunjung?”

Nickhun get into Eunjung. “Are you okay?” he was really worried. Her head was bleeding like crazy.

Eunjung who was lying weakly on the floor, as she see Nickhun she was smiling. “Khun, It's you. I’m glad you came. I’m okay.” Her vission was blurry.

Top was speechless. He doesn’t know what to do. He still didn’t release his fingers from fist.

“If anything happen to her, I will never let you go!” Nickhun shout direct to Top’s face. He lifted Eunjung up with bridal style and running towards the car. As he reached the car, he stopped.

‘I’m so stupid. I’m useless. I can’t even drive the car.”  Nickhun bites his lips.

“Get into the car. Faster!” Someone tapped Nickhun’s shoulder. Nickhun was startled.

Top open the door for Nickhun. “Hurry up! We don’t have enough time.” he said as he run into driver’s seat. Nickhun quickly get into the car.

“Hold on Eunjung. We will reach the hospital sooner.” Nickhun wipe the blood stain from her face.

“I’m tired. Can you let me sleep for a while?” Eunjung says weakly. Her face was very pale.

“No!” Nickhun yell. He was afraid if Eunjung really take her ‘sleep’.

 “Khun, it’s okay.” Top nod, he looks at rear view mirror.

“Okay. Just one minute. You can’t sleep longer than that.” Nickhun says. His voice trembled. He’s trying not to shed tears in front of her.

“Thanks.” Eunjung smile, and closed her eyes.

‘How you can still smiling like nothing happen?’ Nickhun thought to himself.

“Khun. I’m really sorry. But I demand an explanation.” Top said, but still focusing on road.

“We settle this first.” Nickhun replied. He holds Eunjung’s hand. ‘She was so cold.’

He’s remembered when Eunjung asking for his help.

“Why don’t you just come with me? It will be easier this way.”

“It was your business, not mine.”

‘This is my entire fault. If I just come with her. If I can drive, and don’t rely on taxi, I will come back on time, and she will not get injured like this.’

He thought he was strong. But he wasn’t. Tears slowly falling from his eyes and streaming down his cheek before it’s drop on Eunjung’s face.

5 minutes later, they reached at the hospital. Top park his car at the entrance of the emergency space and paramedics running into them. They lift up Eunjung to the stretcher and moved her to the Emergency Room.

Both Nickhun and Top follow from behind, but the doctor block them from enter ER. “I’m sorry sir, but you should stay outside.”  

 They nod. Top take his seat but Nickhun pace back and forth in front of him.

“Could you please sit down? You make me dizzy.” Top said.

“I’m sorry. I’m just worried.” Nickhun says, take his place next to Top.

“I know. Me too. Don’t worry, it will be alright.” Top pat his back. This time, Nickhun just let him do that.

Nickhun reach his phone and dialed Taecyeon’s number. After a few beeps, Taec pick up his line.

“Where are both of you? I’ve already been here for half an hour!” Taec was yelling on the other line.

“I’m sorry. But can you please come to the hospital now?” Nickhun asked, he was not in the mood to argue with Taecyeon.

“Hospital? What happen?”

“Eunjung. Come first. I will tell you later.” Nickhun cut off the line.

All of sudden, the doctor walking out from the room and approach them. Both of them shifted off from their seat.

“Which one of you was patient’s relative?” the doctor asked. “He lost a lot of blood. And we need the donor for ‘O’ type blood in instant.”

“Me!” both of them answer in unison.

The doctor gives her look at Nickhun. “Okay. Miss, I don’t think you can give us enough blood with your body condition.” Then she changes her attention to TOP. “So, sir can you please come with me?”

Top walk into the room with the doctor but Nickhun grab doctor’s hand.

“Please, doctor. I may not much helping, but please give me a chance.” Nickhun was begging.

The doctor sighed. “Okay. Come with me.” her answer returned the smile on Nickhun’s face.