Watching Over You Forever

Silent Star

A/N: Decided to write this oneshot since I was inspired a bit. Will try to update my other fics this weekend! Enjoy and excuse me for any mistakes!


“Woohyun-ah, what do you think it will be like to be human again?” The brown hair angel said as he peered down at the human world.

“I don’t know, hyung. I don’t exactly remember being a human. Do you?” The black hair angel turned to look at his angel friend.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Woohyun, if you don’t remember, how am I supposed to remember?” That was a lie though. He remembers. He remembers what it was like being human.

Woohyun sighed and pouted his lips. Then he looked down at the human world and sighed once again. “But Sunggyu-hyung aren’t you curious? Don’t you want to remember being a human? I don’t even remember how I became an angel. Do you remember how you became an angel?”

Sunggyu stared at the younger and smiled sadly. The older grabbed a ball of cloud and blew at it just like a child would when making a wish on a dandelion. Woohyun watched the older, wondering what was on the other’s mind.

“I don’t remember either. Whether we are human or angel, I don’t really care or want to remember.” Another lie. Woohyun didn’t know that about Sunggyu. The older knew how he, no, they became angels.

The younger let out a sigh once more as he stared at Sunggyu. “Oh, I see. I want to remember...what it was like being a human and how I became an angel.” Sunggyu stared at the younger, his heart clenching in pain.

“Is that so, Woohyun-ah? What would do if that wish was granted?”

Woohyun’s answer to that simple yet difficult question was a smile. Sunggyu was perplexed at the other as to why he just smiled. No specific answer but a smile. It made Sunggyu irritated. He needed an answer.

Right when he was about to ask Woohyun again, the head angel walked up to them with a gentle yet empowering aura. The two got up and bowed to the head, making the later smile. They looked up and reciprocated the smile, wondering why the head angel was here.

“I was looking for you two. I have a request that involves the two of you. Please, follow me.”

The head angel turned around as they silently followed him. The three of them flew to a different cloud and the head angel gestured for them to look down. Sunggyu and Woohyun watched two boys leave the school, however, the shorter one started to pull the taller along. The two of them watched in entertainment and wonder.

Sunggyu and Woohyun turned around to face the head angel.

“Why are you having us watch these two,” Sunggyu questioned first. Woohyun nodded in agreement since his question was the same. Then he looked back down for a second to stare at the taller human.

Woohyun smiled.

The head angel caught the smile but dismissed it. “The reason is because I want the two of you to watch over them. Woohyun you will watch over Lee Sungyeol, the taller one. Sunggyu you have Kim Myungsoo who is Sungyeol’s friend. You two understand? Watch over them.”

Sunggyu was about to say something but the head angel flew away. The brown hair angel let out a puff of air and turned back to Woohyun. The latter was looking down at the human world with interest, watching Sungyeol walk home. Sunggyu sat down next to him and watched as well.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were still walking with each other until they separated to their own homes. Woohyun drifted above the clouds as he followed Sungyeol. Sunggyu was going to follow Woohyun, but the person he is supposed to watch is Myungsoo.

Reluctantly walking away, Sunggyu followed Myungsoo, glancing back once more to Woohyun’s back.



---------------------------------------------------




Night came over them, the stars washing out the black sky and the moon watching over the world. Sunggyu stared down at the human world and then at the night sky. He smiled seeing the stars out tonight. Slowly, he flew up and reached.

“Hyung, no! Don’t go!”

Woohyun flew at Sunggyu causing them to fall onto the cushiony clouds. The older let out a grunt as Woohyun was panting from the rush of panic. Sunggyu pushed the other off and glared at Woohyun. However, this didn’t faze Woohyun at tall because he was still worried.

“Yah! Nam Woohyun! What was that for, you idiot!” Sunggyu slapped the back of Woohyun’s head making the latter pout in pain.

“I saw you flying up to the stars, hyung,” Woohyun looked down and played with the end of his shirt, “Don’t you remember what the head angel said? If you fly to high, you will become stardust and never be a part of the angel world. I was worried that I was going to lose my best friend. And best friends don’t let each other become stardust. Right? If you became stardust then I want to become a shooting star so I can wish you to be an angel again...”

What Woohyun said caught Sunggyu off of his tracks. His cheeks reddened, comprehending what the younger just said. Sunggyu turned his head and covered his mouth from squealing and saying incoherent things. Woohyun, well, he continued to play with the end of his shirt.

Sunggyu smiled (still blushing) and patted Woohyun’s head. Then he ran his fingers through the younger’s head. Woohyun loves this feeling; warm, kind, and loving.

“Woohyun-ah, I’m not going to become stardust. I was pretending to catch a star.”

Woohyun looked up, confused why the older would want to catch a star or even pretend to. “Why? Why would you want to catch a star? Does hyung want to make a wish as well? Does hyung want to become a shooting star too?” Sunggyu chuckled and shook his head.

“No, I don’t want to become either of those. I just... The stars are really pretty out tonight. Don’t you think so too, Woohyun?”

The younger angel looked up and smiled brightly. Kind of like a child. Sunggyu likes Woohyun’s innocence and wish that will never happen. An innocence that is so hard to find in people these days. Yes, children are innocent, though, that disappears when they become older. To Sunggyu, Woohyun is pure. Someone who he wishes will never have to suffer or see the realities of the world.

“Yes, the stars are pretty out tonight.” Woohyun turned his head to look at Sunggyu. “Hyung, do you like stars? Is that why you became an angel so you can be closer to them?”

Sunggyu chuckled and nodded his head. “Yes, I love the stars very much, but I love something much more.” Woohyun scooted closer to Sunggyu and nudged the older.

“Tell me who it is, hyung! I promise I won’t ever tell anyone!”

“Yah, how can I trust you? You always tell the other angel’s secrets!” Sunggyu stood up and flew to another cloud. Woohyun followed like a kicked puppy and tackled Sunggyu onto the cloud. “Woohyun, get off of me! You’re too heavy!”

“No! Not until me who love more than the stars!” Woohyun crossed his arms on top of Sunggyu’s chest and propped his chin on his hands. “Wait... Sunggyu-hyung, did you become an angel for that person you love?”

Once again, Sunggyu was caught off by Woohyun’s question. The older turned his head to the side and closed his eyes. His heart was beating erratically. His wings suddenly felt heavy. His body became numb to all touches. The world was spinning on him.

“Hyung, you alright? Oh my god! Am I really crushing you?”

Woohyun immediately got up and pulled Sunggyu onto his feet. The younger angel wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist to hold the latter up. There was this tight feeling in Woohyun’s chest but decided to ignore it. Though, it did pain him to see the older angel in pain.

After a couple of minutes, Sunggyu pulled away and wiped away the threatening tears. “I’m okay now, Woohyun-ah. Thank you for worrying about me. You’re such a good kid.” Sunggyu patted the other’s head and smiled slightly. Woohyun took notice of the smile and pulled Sunggyu back into a hug. “W-Woohyun? What’s wrong?”

“I was scared that I hurt you. You’re alright, right? I didn’t hurt hyung at all, right?” Sunggyu chuckled into Woohyun’s chest.

“I’m alright, Woohyun-ah. I’m the one who should be worrying over you because you’re crying right now.”

Woohyun backed away and touched his cheeks: tears were streaming down his face. “O-Oh... I am crying. Sorry, I didn’t notice.”

Sunggyu sighed and shook his head as he wiped away the younger’s tears. “There is no need to by sorry. If you’re crying then just cry. Nothing to be sorry about.” The other nodded his head and wiped away the rest of the tears.

The two of them smiled at each other and decided to lay down on the cloud for the night. Woohyun was staring at the stars as the Sunggu fell asleep next to him. The younger looked at the older and shyly smiled.

“Sunggyu-hyung, you will always be my best friend no matter what happens. Let’s stick together forever, okay?” He wrapped his pinky around the other and pressed their thumbs together. “Now, you can’t go back on your words. If you do, I won’t forgive you!” Woohyun whispered to a sleeping Sunggyu. “Hyung, I will become your shooting star that way you can reach the stars whenever you want to. That way you can fly into the night without any restrictions. That way you won’t become stardust.”

Finally, Woohyun fell alseep as he unconsciously wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist, pulling the other into an embrace.


----------------------------------------------



A week has passed since they got their two people to watch over. During that span of time, Woohyun was busy watching over Sungyeol as the same goes for Sunggyu but watching Myungsoo.

The two of them were entertained for most of the day. School, lunch, and then going home. Also the two went to each others’ homes to play video games or eat dinner together. Sunggyu noticed the way Myungsoo would back hug Sungyeol or trying slip off a piece of clothing on the latter. Woohyun, though, didn’t notice any of that. All he could care about was Sungyeol.

It was during Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s lunch time when Sunggyu flew over to where Woohyun was. The younger was laying on his stomach, peering down at the human world.

“Woohyun-ah, you can take a break. You don’t have to watch them right now.”

Woohyun didn’t answer. This was the first time the younger has ignored Sunggyu ever. He went to lay down next to Woohyun, but the other didn’t take notice. Something was off. The older angel has never seen Woohyun this...interested in someone else.

“Woohyun-ah!” Sunggyu slapped the back of Woohyun’s head making the other flinch in pain. He finally took notice of Sunggyu and was surprised to see the other despite him being there for quite a while.

“Oh, Sunggyu-hyung! I didn’t see you there! How come you’re here? Shouldn’t you be watching over your person?”

This irritated Sunggyu a bit but dismissed it since it’s Woohyun we are talking about. “He is having his lunch break. Also his name is Myungsoo. Get it in your heard, Woohyun. Sungyeol and Myungsoo are best friends!”

Woohyun pouted and turned away. Sunggyu just sighed at Woohyun’s pathetic response and looked down as well.

When lunch break was over, Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun. He saw the glint of happiness in the younger’s eyes. Then he looked down and saw where the happiness was being direct at.

Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. What does he have that I don’t have? How is he able to make Woohyun take interest of him so quickly? I wish Sungyeol wasn’t--

“Sunggyu, Woohyun, how are the two of you doing?”

The two stood up and turned around to see the head angel smiling at them. More at Sunggyu, though. Sunggyu caught the smile and saw the deeper meaning behind it. They both bowed at the head angel and Woohyun was the first one to speak up.

“We’re doing great, head angel-hyung! Right, Sunggyu-hyung?” Woohyun wrapped his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder who just meekly nod his head.

“Yeah, sure. Watching these two have been so fun,” Sunggyu said sarcastically, though, only caught by the head angel.

“That’s good to hear. Then I will take my leave.” The head angel made eye contact with Sunggyu for a few seconds and left.

Woohyun watched the angel fly away and turned to Sunggyu. “Hyung, he seemed a bit off today. What do you think?” He pulled on the older’s hand and looked at him with puppy eyes.

Suddenly, Sunggyu harshly pulled his hand from Woohyun’s, shocking the other. “How am I supposed to know, Woohyun? Why don’t you try to figure that out for once? Use your head for once as well!”

He didn’t mean it really. Sunggyu didn’t mean to shout at the younger, but he couldn’t help it. In order to not shout at Woohyun, he quickly flew away, not caring about watching over Myungsoo. Leaving Woohyun there by himself, questioning what went wrong...and what just happened.



--------------------------------------------



Another week passed by and another day had ended. Once again, during that span of time, Woohyun kept on watching over Sungyeol and the same for Sunggyu who is watching over Myungsoo. However, he wasn’t doing as great of a job as Woohyun.

The younger angel diligently watched over Sungyeol. He would smiled whenever the other would smile, he would cry whenever the other one was on the verge of tears, and he would get angry when Myungsoo would bother Sungyeol being taller than him. Woohyun like people who are taller than him so that means he doesn’t like Myungsoo...because he is short.

Good reason right?

Anyways, Sunggyu continued to watch over Myungsoo but would glance over at Woohyun. There was this tugging in his chest, a feeling to go and lay next to Woohyun. Though, he couldn’t. He wasn’t able to as he felt like he didn’t belong next to Woohyun.

Sunggyu was laying on his back, staring at the stars that seemed like they were fading each night. That didn’t stop him. The stars were shining, though faintly, but to him they were still shining like the nights before.

The older angel watched the stars and wonder if being a star would be better than being an angel. Angels are eternal but eventually stars will burn out. An explosion in the night sky and nobody would take notice of it.

A silent death.

Sunggyu chuckled at the thought. He remembers that his death wasn’t silent.



FLASHBACK



It was raining heavily on that day yet Sunggyu wanted to go see this opening at a museum about the stars. At the time he was studying to become an astronomer. A dream he has head since he was a child. It was hard but he was a hard worker. Wanting to make his dreams become a reality.

Sunggyu had dragged Woohyun along despite the younger’s protests. The one driving was Sunggyu since the other was too tired to drive. It was still raining.

Everything was going alright, nothing suspicious. Sunggyu humming to the radio was a norm and Woohyun humming along as well. They got to this really high part of the song and both of them belted the note out. The song was over after a minute or so as they laughed afterwards.

Sunggyu came to a stoplight and did what he was supposed to do as it turned red. The older turned to the younger who was smiling right back at him. He reached over and patted Woohyun’s head.

“Hyung, it’s a green light!”

Sunggyu took his hand off and pressed the gas pedal, though it was too late before he noticed a truck not stopping. It was coming right at them, at full speed. The impact was less than a second.

Woohyun’s side was hit by the truck as the car spun in circles and slammed into the side of a building. Sunggyu’s side hit the building but he caught a glimpse at the younger.

Woohyun was bleeding immensly and there was nothing Sunggyu could do. The older reached over to touch him, but his body was numb. He couldn’t feel his body. His world was spinning too quickly and he could feel himself lose consciousness.

“W-Woohyun, don’t die on me yet, okay? You promised you will always be my best friend. No matter what h-happens. B-Best friends don’t b-break...p-promises.”

Sunggyu’s world out as did the same for Woohyun who silently breathed out his last words.

“I don’t b-break...p-promises...”



FLASHBACK ENDS


Sunggyu covered his faces with his arms as the tears fell down. They hit the cloud and slipped through them as they fell to the human world.

A human looked up and touched his cheek.

Tears kept on falling down Sunggyu’s crescent eyes as he quietly cried out his pain.

Everything is my fault. I caused Woohyun to die in that car crash. It’s my fault that he died that night. If only I hadn’t asked him to come with me then I would be the only one here. And he would still be a human. He would still be alive.

Woohyun watched Sunggyu cry from afar, not knowing what to do. The younger just continued to watch the older cry. He could feel the pain in his heart, but he decided not to act on it. Woohyun wanted to feel the same pain in Sunggyu’s heart. He wanted to take away that pain...but he didn’t know how to.

So he silently watched and wished on a star that his best friend will smile tomorrow.




-------------------------------------------------




Another week passes and Woohyun never confront Sunggyu why he was crying that night. Woohyun still worries as to why Sunggyu was crying, but kept it to himself. Another day he tells himself.

Yet another day passes.

And another one.

And another one.

Then another week passes and Woohyun never confronts Sunggyu about that night. Actually, he forgets that he saw Sunggyu cry that night as he refocuses his attention on Sungyeol.

At the same time, Sunggyu continued to watch over Myungsoo and once in a while turn to Woohyun. Whenever Sunggyu would glance over at Woohyun, the latter wouldn’t notice and just smile idiotically watching Sungyeol. This made Sunggyu mad and irritated as he flew over to Woohyun’s cloud.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! You look like a total stalker. Stop staring at Sungyeol like that. It creeps me out and the same probably goes for the head angel. Now--”

Woohyun stood up and glared at Sunggyu. “Hyung, just shut up! Right now you’re irritating me and I don’t really like it at all. I haven’t told you to stop watching Myungsoo, now have I? So just leave me alone for once.”

Sunggyu stood there stunned, numb, and shocked from what came out of Woohyun’s mouth. It’s the first time he has ever heard something like that, and it didn’t settle well for him. Words were jumbling around in his head as he tried to figure out what to say back. He didn’t have any words, though, and instead just stood there like a statue.

The older angel backed away and looked down at the ground. “I-I’m sorry, Woohyun. I will leave you alone then.”

Before Woohyun could stop the older, Sunggyu flew away. Far from Woohyun. Sunggyu didn’t care about watching over Myungsoo anymore. Heck, he didn’t care what happens to Woohyun either.

Never mind, that is a lie. Sunggyu can never stop worrying about the other.

No, he can’t stop loving Woohyun because the person he has known for his whole life has been Woohyun.

Woohyun this. Woohyun that. Woohyun everything. Sunggyu’s world revolved around Woohyun and the older couldn’t stop the feelings. If he did, it would be like a part of him would die.

A part of his heart would die.

Sunggyu finally stopped at cloud that he deemed was far away from Woohyun. He sat down on the cloud and fanned out his wings. These past few days his wings have felt a bit heavy making him tired. Usually, wings are supposed to be light but his weren’t.

He rubbed his shoulder, moved it a bit, and flinch in pain. However, he felt something wet trickling down his back. Sunggyu slowly reached back and touched whatever it was. His eyes widen as he saw specks of blood on his hand.

“W-What is this?” Sunggyu started to panic as this has never happened to him before. He was about to go ask the head angel for advice but the other had beat him to it.

The head angel approached Sunggyu with no expression yet there was something in his eyes that knew everything. Sunggyu hesitated to approach the other but did so after a few minutes of staring at each other. He bowed politely despite the pain on his back.

“It seems like you have a problem, don’t you, Sunggyu?” Sunggyu stood straight and slowly nodded his head.

“Y-Yes, sir, for some reason my back is bleeding. Also whenever I try to move my wings, my back starts hurting. Head angel, do you know the reason why I’m in so much pain?”

They stared at each other until the head angel let out a sad sigh. “Sunggyu, have there been bad thoughts or feelings inside you? Angels shouldn’t be thinking that way. If they do, they lose their wings and be sent down to hell.” He approached Sunggyu.

“When an angel is sent down to hell, they can never come back to heaven or be reincarnated. I’m quite sure Woohyun wouldn’t want that to happen to you.”

Sunggyu scoffed and crossed his arms in spite. “As if he would care. He wants me to leave him alone! Woohyun can be a brat and do whatever he wants. I have nothing to do with him anymore...”

“... Even if you are the one who indirectly killed him?” Sunggyu’s body froze. Those words hit Sunggyu right in the heart.

Yes, it was practically his fault that the other died.

Yes, it is his fault that he should have waited for a few seconds before he stepped on the gas pedal.

Yes, it was his fault for bring the other out with him.

But...But what could he do if he just wanted to spend even another second with Woohyun? Love... Love can drive your life crazy, but we learn from it. Sunggyu loves and will always love Woohyun whatever situation they are in. Even if the younger doesn’t love Sunggyu in the way he does.

Sunggyu took one look at the head angel and then down at the human world. “If Woohyun ever wants to go back down to Earth, then let him. I will take his place whatever the consequences are.” He looked up and then back at the head angel.

“Love...truly makes you delirious, but I don’t mind because I love Woohyun. I promised him that I will watch over him because he is my star...”




FLASHBACK



Sunggyu and Woohyun running around in the yard after celebrating the younger’s birthday. All the guests had left, leaving just the two of them and their parents. Woohyun pulled the other along and laid down on the grass to look at the starry sky.

“Hyung, aren’t you going to give me a birthday present?” Sunggyu turned his head to Woohyun.

“Well, what do you want, Woohyun-ah? Tell hyung your wish and I will grant it!”

Sunggyu giggled together with Woohyun. The younger scooted closer to Sunggyu, their bodies centimeters apart. “Sunggyu-hyung, I want to become a star that way you can watch over me every night.”

The older titled his head cutely, a bit confused at the other’s request. “But Woohyun-ah, how am I supposed to do that? I can’t let you become a star because you won’t be next to me! Also how am I supposed to watch over you when you are the one who is going to be up in the sky?”

Woohyun laughed and pinched his favorite hyung’s cheeks. Sunggyu pouted and swatted the other’s hand away. Then Woohyun stood up and opened his arms widely. Sunggyu watched the younger in wonder.

“Just because I’m a star doesn’t mean you can’t watch over me! Hyung will always watch over whether you’re down here or up there! I may not be down here for you to watch over, but I know that wherever I am, hyung will watch me!”

Sunggyu smiled brightly, his eyes turning into crescents. “Okay! Someday I will make your wish true and I will watch over you forever!”

Woohyun nodded rapidly and engulfed his hyung into a tight hug. “I love you, hyung!”




FLASHBACK ENDS



A tear falls from Sunggyu’s eye. “A star that I will watch over no matter where either of us are. Because I can find him with that smile that is brighter than the sun, moon, and even the stars. A smile that I wish will only belong to me... A star that I wish only belonged to me. However, that is impossible because everybody can see the stars; especially the ones that shine the brightest.”

The head angel simply nodded his head and left Sunggyu to think on his own. Once Sunggyu was by himself, he silently broke down as he watched the starry sky.

“Why? Why can’t a shooting star grant my wish? All I ever wanted was to stay by Woohyun’s side. If I can’t stand next to him, then please, please, take him away.”




---------------------------------------------------------




A whole month passes by before either of them notice it. While they were watching their humans, they saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo have a fight so big that they haven’t talked to each other for two weeks. Woohyun obviously got mad at Myungsoo while Sunggyu didn’t care at all. In the end, the two friends haven’t talked to each other and neither have Woohyun and Sunggyu.

Within that month, Sunggyu has begun to feel tired and weak. Woohyun has taken notice but didn’t do anything about it. Yes, it was childish of him to still be mad at the other, but he waited. He wanted the older to come to him for help. Something that Sunggyu hasn’t really done much.

Sunggyu silently watched Woohyun, Myungsoo as well, and never said anything. He waited for Woohyun to apologize about the outburst a month ago, but the younger never did. Sunggyu realized that and gave up. To him, it was pointless to wait for something that was never going to happen.

However, that wouldn’t stop him from loving the other. His love for the younger has grown so big that it took over his body. It will take much more longer than a month for Sunggyu to forget his love for Woohyun. Maybe it will never disappear.

Who knows...

Sunggyu took a bit of courage and slowly flew to Woohyun. He settled behind the other and carefully wrapped his arms around the shoulders. Woohyun sat there stunned, not knowing what to do next. Right when he was about to say something, Sunggyu beat him to it.

“Don’t say anything,” Sunggyu tightened his hold, “I will be silent as a star. I promise.”



------------------------------------------------



Before Woohyun knew it, he had grown feelings for his human. Sungyeol has been depressed because he hasn’t made up with Myungsoo. The younger hasn’t talked to Sungyeol for what seems like ages and before either of them know it, Myungsoo got a girlfriend.

This shocked Sungyeol and shattered his heart into a million pieces. The pieces haven’t been picked up as Sungyeol stepped on them wherever he went. Woohyun watched the scene unveil in front of him.

The feeling of wanting to be there for Sungyeol overpowered his heart and mind. Woohyun moved his feet off the cloud but was stopped by Sunggyu. Both of them fell back onto the cloud as puffs of it dropped onto them.

“What the heck, hyung?! Let me go for once! I don’t need you to tell me what to do anymore! I’m an adult so stop treating me like a child. It wasn’t like I was actually going down to the human world!”

Sunggyu silently let go and smiled. He stepped away and flew to a cloud away from Woohyun’s. The younger watched Sunggyu and deeply felt guilty inside. Honestly, he didn’t mean to yell at the older, but he couldn’t stop himself. Seeing Sungyeol in pain made him in pain.

All he wanted was to become a shooting star for Sungyeol and make him feel better.

Sunggyu sat on the cloud and moved his body carefully. His wings have grown even heavier and his body has become weaker. Not only that, but his back has been bleeding more as well. The head angel told Sunggyu that he might be losing his wings...but he didn’t mind. After all, there was not point for him to stay here anymore.

The older angel saw the desperation and love in Woohyun’s eyes. He couldn’t help but feel jealous that he will never get that from the younger. These feelings that were overflowing poured out into the form of tears.

Sunggyu once again silently cried as he watched the stars that night.




----------------------------------------------



Woohyun approached the head angel with confidence and determination. He stood in front of the other and bowed politely first. The head angel took notice Woohyun’s expression and motioned him to come closer.

“Woohyun, what do you need from me?”

The black haired angel stood his ground and cleared his throat. “I would like to go back to the human world. I may not have the credentials to be reincarnated, but I can’t stand to see my human in so much pain because of his horrible friend. Please, this is all I ask of you. Nothing more and nothing less.”

The head angel stared at Woohyun for a couple of minutes and from the corner of his eyes, he could see a fluff of brown hair. He deeply sighed for what he was about to say, but there was nothing he could do...for this is their fate.

“I understand. If all you want is to become a human again, then I will bring back your memories from when you were a human. However, you will forget that once become a human again and will forget the memories of ever being an angel. You won’t remember anything. Is that clear?”

Woohyun slowly nodded and bowed in gratefulness. “Yes, I do understand. Thank you for taking care of me and bringing me to this heavenly world. I may not remember, but in my heart I will.”

The younger took his leave as the older came out from his hiding spot. Sunggyu silently flew over to the head angel and bowed. “Sunggyu, are you sure about this? I can stop Woohyun from doing this. I can make his memories of the human disappear.” Sunggyu shook his head and smiled: eye to eye.

“No, don’t do that. I beg of you. Please, grant Woohyun’s wish. He hasn’t done anything wrong and I can promise you he won’t do any wrong in the future.”

Sunggyu watched Woohyun’s retreating figure in sadness. The head angel stared at Sunggyu and sighed once again. “You do know that because Woohyun doesn’t have the rights to be reincarnated, he needs someone else to do that.” Sunggyu turned to the other and silently smiled.

“I know. I know. All I have to do is be silent and let you do what you need to do to me. If Woohyun can’t be a star in the heavens, then I will become his. I will watch over him. A star on earth and a star in heaven.” Sunggyu chuckled bitterly to himself. “Star-crossed lovers. Ironic isn’t it? A story that was made for the heavens and earth.”



--------------------------------------------------------




Woohyun stood in front of the head angel and nodded his head in confirmation that he was ready. From the sideline, Sunggyu watched everything happen. The head angel stepped closer to Woohyun and a bright, green circle appeared. The black hair angel stood there in awe seeing the circle appear.

At that moment, Sunggyu knew it was his time to make his move. The brown hair angel stepped into the circle, and Woohyun notice when he felt a drift in the circle. Woohyun looked over to see Sunggyu inside the circle, wondering what is going on.

The head angel gestured for Sunggyu to come closer to them. As Sunggyu walked on over, Woohyun stood in the way with his arms wide open as if he was trying to stop Sunggyu from whatever he is doing.

“Sunggyu-hyung, what are you doing? Are you trying to stop me again? Please, understand as to why I’m doing this. I’m trying to make Sungyeol happy! Can’t you be happy for me?” Woohyun stepped forward to Sunggyu, but the latter caressed his cheek. The sudden touch made Woohyun freeze.

“Woohyun-ah, I understand. I understand so that is why I’m doing this right now. When you get to the human world, you won’t remember anything. You won’t remember what it was like to be human before you became an angel and the time you were an angel. You will forget everything in that puny brain of yours.” Sunggyu flinched the younger’s forehead and smiled genuinely. Woohyun touched his forehead and smiled back.

“R-Really? You are letting me go to the human world? Thank you, hyung!”

Woohyun enveloped Sunggyu in a gentle hug. Sunggyu wrapped his arms around Woohyun’s waist and silently cried into the other’s neck. At the same time, the head angel watch in sorrow. The fate of these two...will not go how either of them want to.

Sunggyu was the first one to pull away. He quickly turned around and wiped away the tears as he walked over to the head angel. The angel nodded his head and before Woohyun knew it, Sunggyu’s wings disappeared.

Feathers were floating around them as they silently fell onto the cloud. Then the white, pure feathers slipped through the cloud and fell down onto the human world. Woohyun watched the scene unveil before him, not knowing what to do. He reached out for Sunggyu, but his vision turned blurry as he collapsed onto his knees.

Memories of getting into a car, singing out loud, and the impact of a truck hitting the side of the car ran in his head. Woohyun struggled to stand on his own two feet. The head angel had his arms around Sunggyu to hold him up. When Woohyun was able to stand up, he slowly made his way to Sunggyu.

“S-Sunggyu-hyung, what is happening? Where are your w-wings?”

Sunggyu pulled away from the head angel and pulled the person he loves into his arms. Woohyun reciprocated the hug, but felt something on Sunggyu’s back. His vision was still blurry, but he could see the red on his hands. Blood. His hyung was bleeding because he lost his wings.

“Shh, it’s okay, Woohyun-ah. Hyung will always be there for you. Hyung will watch over you silently like a star. Hyung won’t break our promise. Hyung... Hyung will watch over you forever.”

Once again, Sunggyu was the first one to pull away. Woohyun noticed that Sunggyu’s skin was sparkling kind of like a star. It was sparkling like stardust, but he didn’t want his hyung to become stardust. He didn’t want any of this to happen to his hyung.

Woohyun caressed Sunggyu’s cheek and started to cry like a child when they get something stolen from them. The older smiled, his eyes forming the crescents that Woohyun loves so dearly. Sunggyu wiped away the tears with his kisses and pulled back once more. However, the younger was reluctant to let go of the other.

“H-Hyung, I’m sorry. Woohyun will be better so get back your wings, okay? Please, do this for me. I-I promise to stay if that means you get your wings. Hyung--” Sunggyu shushed him and silently kissed Woohyun’s lips.

The feeling of having Woohyun’s lips on his made Sunggyu fly to the stars. Tears were mixed in with the tears but it was still sweet as ever. A kiss that neither of them will forget. Woohyun may not remember in his head, but his heart will. He will remember Sunggyu there forever.

Memories may disappear silently, but Woohyun will scream to remember Sunggyu. When he was a human, angel, and in the future he will scream to remember. He won’t let Sunggyu silently disappear like a star that bursts in the night sky as it dies. No, he won’t let that happen.

“Woohyun-ah, it’s time for you to go before you change your decision. You’re on your own now. Also don’t forget to make Sungyeol happy for that’s the reason you’re going down there. Goodbye, Woohyun.”

Sunggyu finally pulled away. The head angel appeared before Woohyun and placed his hand on the latter’s forehead. He muttered words under his breath. Then the green circle began to glow brighter and brighter. Almost blinding to the eyes.

With one last look, Sunggyu and Woohyun made eye contact. The head angel finished speaking out the sacred words and Woohyun’s eyes became blank as he passed out. Sunggyu pressed his hand onto his shoulder feeling immense pain. Seeing Woohyun passed out made him worried, but he knew this was for the best. After this was over, he can silently watch over Woohyun like the star he is.

“Sunggyu, is there anything you would like to say to Woohyun. Even though he probably can’t hear you.”

The head angel held Woohyun up as Sunggyu walked over to them. Sunggyu smiled, patted Woohyun’s head, and ran his fingers through the younger’s hair. Then he pressed his forehead against Woohyun’s and smiled one last time. A feather fell onto Woohyun’s head making the older laugh. So he took it off and placed it in Woohyun’s hand.

“Woohyun-ah, hyung will watch over you from now on. Be happy, okay? You are my star and I’m your star. Someday I may burst in the sky but I will become stardust and sparkle your life one day. That’s why you have to watch over me too. From the human world, you have to watch over your little star... Forever.”

Sunggyu nodded at the head angel. With a few steps, the head angel let go of Woohyun, the latter falling down to Earth. Sunggyu watched the disappearing angel, his feathers falling along with the younger. The head angel patted Sunggyu’s head who silently smiled as his skin started to sparkle even more.

“Sunggyu, from now on, you’re stuck on this cloud and your job is to watch over Nam Woohyun. You can never move from this cloud because if you do, you will fall and fall and fall.”

“I promise to never move from this spot because I made a promise with Woohyun...to be his star forever.”

Woohyun fell and fell. His wings disappearing behind him. From Earth, people thought it was a plane. However, others thought it was a shooting star. A shooting star as bright as the sun and moon combined together.






There was a crash and someone came running out to his backyard. He carefully approached whatever was there. Then he grabbed a stick and poked at the thing. From the poking, the thing woke up, confused where he was.

“W-Who are you? And what are you doing in my backyard?”

“Sungyeol, who’s there?” Sungyeol’s mom yelled out.

“Oh, um, it’s a classmate of mine!” Sungyeol yelled back and looked back at the thing. “So, who are you? You seem like you’re human to me.” The person rubbed his eyes and sat up.

“M-My name is Woohyun, but that’s all I remember. I don’t know where I came from and I don’t really know who I am except for my name.”

Woohyun looked up and reached forward to touch Sungyeol, but something stopped him. He looked down and saw a feather in his hand. Sungyeol saw it too and was about to take it. But Woohyun pulled his hand away and placed the feather against his chest.

“I-I’m sorry...that must be important to you.” Woohyun nodded his head though he didn’t understand as to why the feather was important to him.

He looked at it once again and silently smiled at the white, pure feather. It reminded him of someone, but can exactly remember who. It was as if his memories were wiped out. Woohyun couldn’t remember anything. Though, the feather gave reassurance.

Sungyeol smiled brightly and pushed his hand out. Woohyun slowly grabbed the other’s hand and was pulled onto his feet. Somehow, it felt weird to be on his own two feet. Everything felt weird and foreign to him. Sungyeol realized that Woohyun wasn’t exactly feeling okay, so he helped the other into his house.

“Well, Woohyun-sshi, from now on you’re going to live with my family and I. We have an extra room so I guess you can take that. My parents would be delighted to have another person to feed since I’m their only child. Also-- Woohyun, why are you crying?!”

Woohyun touched his cheek and felt something moist. Suddenly, tears began to flow down into an endless river. He furiously wiped away his tears, not understand why either. “I-I don’t know. There is this pain inside my heart that won’t disappear. It hurts so much!”

Sungyeol  watched and then wiped away Woohyun’s tears. “I don’t know what happened to you, but smile for me, okay? We may not know each other, but please smile.” He tried his best to smile even though he was still crying. “Okay. That’s better. Lets get you washed up.”

Sungyeol pulled Woohyun inside, who was staring at the sky. The stars were barely out, but there was this one star that was shining the brightest out there. Woohyun silently smiled and held the feather tightly. With one last glance, he turned to the star and walked inside with Sungyeol.





Sunggyu peered down the cloud and continued to watch. He watched over Woohyun from the moment the younger had crashed into Sungyeol’s backyard. There was nothing he could do since he was stuck on the cloud. The pain in his back went away, but the pain in his heart is still there.






“Woohyun, I will be your star that will watch over you...forever until the moment I become stardust.”