Share

Share - Soohyun

"Mommy!" Your toddler, Yun, called for you.

"What is it Yun?" Soohyun asked as he sat on the couch reading a nice book on this cold, rainy, overcast day.

"Mommy!" Yun called out louder, running into the hall to the laundry room where you were. His little feet pounded against the floor as you scooped him up with your one free arm as you balanced the basket on your hip with the clean, unfolded clothes.

Soohyun looked up from his book at you with Yun on one hip and clothes on the other. He got up as he tried to lighten your load trying to take Yun from you. Yun just held tighter onto your shirt as you tried to pass him over to Soohyun. He whimpered mommy as he just clung to you. Soohyun thought that this was adorable and a little annoying. Resorting to taking the basket of clothes he walked into your bedroom to help you fold and sort the clothes. You sat on the bed with Yun still stuck to your shirt with his hands as you tried to help Soohyun with the laundry.

”_______?” Soohyun said as he sat on the bed next to you folding a towel with his hands as he set it in the pile just to grab another one.

"Mhmm" You looked at him as you folded one of Yun’s shirts.

"Is he always like this?" Soohyun said as he gestured to his clingy behavior

"Most of the time." You said as you looked up into his eyes. Soohyun let out an annoyed sigh as Yun tried to climb on you again. Soohyun tried to pull him away successfully and put Yun in his lap.

Yun started to yell and scream as he squirmed against the bracing arms of Soohyun. Tears ran down his cheeks as he got free and ran over to you throwing himself into you as he put his thumb in his mouth and twirled your hair around his fingers. You sighed feeling defeated as to Soohyun’s actions. 

"Thanks for trying." You cooed as you held Yun with care as Soohyun nodded focusing on the next fabric that he was folding. Once Yun calmed down Soohyun began to try again.

"Yun, do you know what it means to share?" Soohyun chose a more educational approach this time. Yun shook his head at his father’s words. "It means that what is yours is mine too and sometimes we have to let go to make another person happy. Do you understand?"

"Ne, Appa" Yun said nodding his head

"Can you share Mommy with me?" Soohyun asked as Yun looked at him with big puppy dog eyes.

"But I love Mommy." He wrapped his little arms around you gently

"I love Mommy too that is why you have to share." Soohyun pet his son’s head gently, "Just like Mommy and you share me."

"But Daddy you aren’t around all the time, mommy and I share you with your fans." Yun said as it struck Soohyun to the heart making him fall silent. "I’m gonna go play Mommy." Yun slid from your arms as he ran out to the living room as he goes to his toys.

"Soo?" You asked as you slid closer to him resting your head on his shoulder, sliding your fingers through his.

"Is he right?" Soohyun said as he played with one of the rags.

"Right about what, Soo?" You looked up at him gently.

"Am I really not around much?" He said in a saddened tone

"You have been busy lately and I think that Yun just doesn’t want to get close to something that is gone most of the time." You sadly said knowing how much Yun misses his dad when he is gone.

"Yun!" Soohyun called him into the room as his little feet carried his body and jumped on the bed and sat into Soohyun’s lap.

"I will share Mommy with you Daddy, I won’t want to be held by her all the time and I will try and help her." Yun said as he looked at his father.

"I am glad that you learned your lesson Yun." Soohyun said with a smile as he kissed his head gently.

"But Yun, can you share Mommy with another person besides me too?" Soohyun said as your cheeks began to blush.

"Who Daddy? I won’t share her with your fans." He folded his arms clumsily as Soohyun giggled.

"Not my fans, but what about a little baby." Soohyun held the small of his back as you smiled brightly.

"A baby? Who’s baby?" Yun said as his eyes got wide and looked at you.

"You are going to have a little sister to play with." You said gently as you held his hand into yours.

"Where is she?" Yun asked, Soohyun gently took his hand and put it over your stomach, which already started to have a bump to it. Yun gently got close to your stomach as he put his small hand on your stomach.

"I will share Mommy and Daddy with you." He patted your stomach as he gently gave it a kiss.