Chapter 2

Kicked from Inside

“You did it?” Heechul look at Yixing, an incredulous look on his face.

“Yes, can’t you tell by the scent?” Yifan asks, a triumphant look on his face.

Heechul places his hand on Yixing’s stomach and he fidgets, feeling a little uncomfortable being touched by an unfamiliar man, “He is there indeed. The little fellow is strong.”

Yifan rolls his eyes, “Of course, it’s my .”

Yixing looks at Heechul, Yifan’s brother who is also a vampire doctor, whatever that is. He has shoulder length hair and bright, sparkling eyes. If Yifan is tall, dark and striking then Heechul is beautiful, almost to the extent of a woman.

“This is incredible.” Heechul exclaims, still in disbelief, “A mixed blood pregnancy. I have never encountered one.”

“Come with me.”Heechul says as he pulls Yixing’s along behind him and Yixing wonders if anyone here cares about what he thinks.

He brings Yixing into what looks like a medical room, with a bed in the middle and all sorts of medical equipment all over.

“Lie down.” He instructs, and Yixing does as he is told. Somehow, Heechul’s voice has an authoritative tone to it.

He looks up at Yifan uncertainly and Yifan nods his head assuringly, “It’s fine. He knows what he is doing,” Heechul pulls up Yixing shirt, revealing his tummy and places both his hands over it. He closes his eyes in concentration.

“Four weeks.” Heechul mutters, “Size of a jellybean. But a boy, definitely a boy.”

“He is growing fast. Incredible. The human gene has not slowed down his growth much.”

Yixing is beginning to feel annoyed that everyone but him is able to feel his baby, who is inside of him.

"But the carrier is too weak." Heechul looks at the skinny arms and legs in disdain.

"I can't help it." Yixing mutters, a futile attempt to defend himself.

"He needs blood to strengthen him." Heechul comments.

Yixing sits up in horror, and immediately regrets the action as a wave of dizziness hits him.

Heechul looks disapprovingly at him, "You might be disgusted now, human. But very soon you will be craving for it so badly."

Yixing vomits into the nearest bin.

--

Yixing soon realizes that reason behind the deal. Apparently Yixing has made a bet with Heechul that he will be able to impregnate a human and give birth to a half blood baby. Something extremely rare in the vampire history as vampires are naturally much stronger and ual with humans simply is not enough to please them. (Yixing freaks out on Yifan after knowing that he might have died during their but Yifan insists he has sufficient control.)

Yixing is in utter confusion why Yifan will want a baby just because of a bet. The best part of the bet is that the winner receives... no reward. Yixing almost rolls his eyes. All these spoilt vampires who have lived for too long.

But both of them are right about the rapid growth because Yixing wakes up two week later with an obvious bump, looking like he is at least three months pregnant instead of five weeks. He places a hand on his stomach, feeling overwhelmed that a life is indeed growing inside.

Yifan looks at him and amazement when he walks into the dining room that morning with his bump, obvious even thought the oversize clothes. The vampire immediately moves to his side, placing his hand on the swell, "You are obviously pregnant now."

Yixing sighs, "Yes. Your baby has decided to grow overnight."

Yixing stiffens as Yifan rubs the curve of his belly,a slight blush on his face. The vampire looks at him in amazement, "You are shy.”

"Shut up." Yixing deadpans as Yifan continues pressing his hand on his belly.

“You didn’t seem shy when I ed you that night.” Yifan teases and Yixing feels like throwing a punch at his face. But of course his effort will be futile due to the extraordinary strength of the vampire.

Yixing sighs in discontentment as Yifan pulls him to sit down and proceeds to pile up his plate with all sorts of food.

Yixing picks at his food much to Yifan's disapproval, "You need to eat more so my baby can grow stronger."

Yixing very much wants to tell him that if he wants such a strong baby then he should have mate with a fellow vampire instead. But he is too tired to start any argument. The pregnancy has left him exhausted for most of the days. He forces down a few mouthful of food just to please the vampire.

--

No matter how much Yifan forces Yixing to eats, it did not seem to help. Other than the growing bump, Yixing seems  to be getting skinnier and skinnier. His face looks like he could not get any paler and he could barely keep himself awake most of the time. Dark circles lace his eyes despite the large amount of time he spends sleeping.

"What is wrong with him?" Yifan asks in frustration, eyeing the human carrying his child. Yixing has woken up in the morning, feeling worse than ever, unable to even find the strength to get out of his bed.

he can hear the worry in Yifan's voice and wonder for a moment if Yifan is worried for him. But decided that he is just concern for his baby.

Heechul places a hand over his bump and sighs, "He needs blood."

Yixing shakes his head adamantly, "No blood." His voice weak and hoarse from the dryness of his throat.

"No blood and you will die." Heechul says, matter-of-factly, "the baby is like a parasite. He does not care about it, he will everything he can out of you if he does not get what he wants."

Yixing's stomach twisted as Heechul opens the fridge at the corner and pulls out a packet of dark red substance.

Yifan helps him to sit up while Heechul practically stuff the straw in his mouth. He is all ready to resist until he takes in the metallic smell. Somehow, the smell appeals to him more than anything else. Something seems to take control over his body and before he knows it, he is greedily.

Heechul watches in satisfaction as Yixing finishes the packet in a matter of second. He places a hand on the swollen abdomen once again and decides that the baby is happy enough with the intake today.

it is only then that Yixing realizes in horror what he has done. Hot tears gather in his eyes and roll down his cheeks.

"Happy dealing with the pregnancy hormones." Heechul sings cheerfully as he exits the room in an instant.

Yifan stands awkwardly beside the sobbing boy, his hand gently his back,"It's not you, it's the baby."

The wails only get louder.

"it's animal blood. We killed no humans, don't worry about it." Yifan tries again, feeling albeit helpless. He has never deal with a crying pregnant boy before.

The sobbing dies down a little at his reassurance And Yifan continues rubbing his back gently and offers words of comfort occasionally.

Heechul smirks as he peeps through the door at his brother. How focus he must be on the boy that he did not notice at all that Heechul has been watching him from the outside. And Heechul wonders if its only the baby that he cares about.

--

Hope the story is up to satisfaction!:) thanks to all who subscribed and commented!