Final

Morning Sunshine
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You stirred awake as you felt rays of sunlight peeking through the gap in the curtains and warming up your face. you yawned,pitting your palm on your mouth. rubbing your eyes you pushed away the covers and got out of the bed,pulled away the curtains letting the sunlight light up the room. you opened the window and breathed in the fresh spring air,the delightful smell of pretty flowers filling your nostrils.

" Good morning world!" you shouted happily moving your hands in the air.

" good morning to you, [Y/N]!!!" the old mailman passing by chuckled,waving.
you waved back,beaming happily. after getting ready for school, you ran downstairs to have breakfast with your parents. your dad was already sitting at the table,reading the morning papers and your mother was filling up the glasses of orange juice.

" good morning mommy and daddy! "  you grinned, doing some funny aegyo to them, as you clusmily sat down, making the table shake a bit and the drinks spill out a little.

"good morning to daddy's sunshine! are you that excited to go the school?" your dad laughed.

"good morning!" your mother giggled ar your clusminess.

"honey, i think our baby's so grown up already. who do you think is her prince charming she's so excited to meet?" your dad asked your mother.
you spit on your drink hearing your dad's words. your mom worriedly came to you and patted your back.

"there's no one!" you denied, still coughing a bit.
your mom and dad giggled shaking their heads, not believing you. you pursed your lips and faked sulk, crossing your arms childlishly.




on the bus ride to your school, you watched the cherry trees full of blossoms as you thought about your childhood memories with a certain someone who you adored very much. someone who you will be meeting today.some one you've had a crush on for so long.

when the bus finally stopped at the school entrance, you happily jumped down and jogged to the school building, waving and smiling to everyone familiar on your way.
in the middle of your way, your best friend,hani, joined you.
"hey, what's all this about? why are you all smiles today? did you get a grade A?"
 

you shook your head.

"so what?" she asked again.

"oppa has come back!"

"oppa?" hani asked confused.

"sungjong oppa." you grinned, holding your back pack strings firmly.

"oh.."



stepping in the school building with your best friends beside you, you immediately froze as you spotted his handsome face in the middle of the crowd of the students. he used to be a cute bubbly kid, but after those years away, he had grown up into a handsome charming young man.


you were staring at him talking to some boys dumbly until your friend's waving hand infront of your face snapped you out of your trance.

"are you okay?" she asked smirking at your dazed expression.

"he's so handsome. even more than before." you fangirled over him.

"okay so hurry and go greet him." she pushed you to his direction softly.

"no i can't." you shook your head.

"why?"

" I'm too nervous. what if.. what if he doesn't recognize me after these years?"

"come on, it doesn't hurt to try. plus, I bet every one remembers you cute ball of sunshine." she grinned.

"aw, so cheesy.." you made a funny disgusted face.
 

she just laughed and dragged you to his direction.




when you two passed through the crowd and were a step away from him, he noticed you two instantly and he flashed a very charming smile at you,and reached out to ruffle your hair.

"hey,morning sunshine! how have you been?" he beamed at you.

"oppa~" you whined. "is this how you greet me after being away for 5 years?"

" It's just I can't resist your cuteness, baby doll!" he laughed.

" but I'm not a baby any more! I'm turning 17 this year!"  you stomped your foot annoyedly, pouting.

" no no, no matter how old you are, you're always my baby girl." he laughed more.

it was then that you noticed his friends were still there,laughing along with him. you frowned a bit, wanting to ask why they're still there and laughing at you, but you didn't want to be rude. they were your seniors afterall.

"so, you had a girlfriend without telling us, huh?" one of them smirked, hands in his pockets.

"of course not." Sungjong nervously laughed, "she's my old neighbor and childhood friend. she's like a little sister to me."

your heart dropped, your mood turning gloomy all of a sudden. your hopes were almost crushed but you didn't want the others to notice, so you just excused yourself quickly,walking away with your friend hani.

 

you were walking hand in hand with hani in the school hallway after your class,until you heard your name being called. you turned around hearing that familiar voice calling you,making you smile and forget a bit about your mild heartache.

"Minseok oppa!" you yelled, running to him and throwing your arms around him and hugged him tight. minseok oppa was cute just like sungjong, and he was definitely one of your favorite oppas who you adored. he always cared about you and took care of you.
releasing the hug, you two giggled giddily and high fived,doing some aegyo together,and then bursting into laughter.

you were interrupted by some one clearing his throat to gain your attention. minseok grinned dumbly and rubbed the back of his neck before speaking. "uhm,well, this is lee sungjong." he pointed to the boy beside him.
you were about to smack him on the head but he raised his hands to stop you. " I know! I know you two know each other already. i was trying to start a conversation,jeez." he made a face before adding more. "and when I said I was going to meet up with you, he kept insisting to come with me. so here he is." minseok grinned mischivously and sungjong smiled shyly and threw hi

Please log in to read the full chapter