Introduced

♡First Crush♡

(Kyungjoon)

Standing by the wooden counter of the store, I breathed heavily after the long day of work. Although fatigued and drowsy, the rich aroma of cocoa engulfed the shop with a thick yet invisible mist. The intense smell of caffeine lingered in my mind, keeping me awake.

The shop is practically silent at this hour with only people of my age remaining. Under the dim lightings of their corner, they sold themselves to the books for their upcoming examinations. Sure, I am one of them, supposed to be at the table with my books. But in order to keep myself alive for another day, I needed the money from this part-time job.

"Hey man, could I get another cappucino?" One of those navy blazer-dressed guy asked.

"Sure thing pal. I'll have it ready in a jiffy." I smiled and got to work immediately.

 

If you've not guessed it already, I'm currently the assistant barista of the café located in the heart of the buzzling city. Spending afternoons and nights in this place, I have plenty of opportunity to see many kinds of people. Hoping that it would help improve my socializing skills with people of the opposite gender. Yes, I am naturally shy with girls.

"You're doing well Joonie. I don't know if I'll be able to manage this job without your help." My manager laughed and bowed politely at me.

"Don't mention it Miss Kim. I'm just doing my job." I shook my head and added the cream into the cup.

"Is there anything I can do? To repay you?" Miss Kim asked, with a strange and foreign feeling in her eyes. "I'll try to help you with it."

 

Shaking my head, I smiled and walked up to the customer, refusing yet trying to ignore Ms Kim's sharp and mysterious eyes. The guy whom has ordered the drink happily accepted the steaming cup of cappucino. With his cash in his hand, he reached out for a handshake with the other. A really strange behavior coming from a guy around my age. But either way, I shook his hand with no hesitations.

Turning around, I spotted a female figure walking up to the counter which was currently vacant. Most of her body was covered in thick winter wear, with a red checkered scarf coiling around her neck. The beanie she had on her brown hair completed her overall looks. Striding over briskly to the counter, I greeted my customer. Though carefully dressed, the female looked up at me through her shades slowly and ordered for an expresso to take away. I was taken aback by her order, as if her dressing wasn't eye-raising already.
Betting my chances, I tried to change her mind with a few of my own recommendations.

"Miss, taking a shot of the express might be a little intense for your blood circulation." I adviced with caution, eyes not leaving her. "May I know if you have your plans to burn some midnight oil tonight?"

Taken aback by my show of concern, she nodded her head. The swift movement of her head has caused snowflakes to fall from the top of her maroon beanie. Shaking off the distraction I've developed in my head, I snapped myself back and focused on serving my unusual customer.

"May I suggest something lighter?" I tilted my head and asked. "To be honest, I'm trying a new blend and most definitely hope that you are willing to try it."

"Alright, I'll try it." The girl agreed and flashed a faint yet vibrant smile on her mostly concealed face.

 

I nodded carefully and immediately got to work. As I poured the vanilla extract into the warm skimmed milk, I wondered deeply about this girl's voice. Strangely, it feels as if I have heard her voice often enough to recall hearing it. While I mixed the beverage for my customer, I made a rough guess to her identity. Turning back to face her, I placed the cup on the wooden surface and cleared my throat softly. Slight awe and anticipation filled me as she looked up from her phone and set her focus onto the cup.

"I hope you'll like this mix." I bowed and smiled at the mysterious girl. "For a starter, this will be my treat."

"Why the generosity?" She asked softly and stared at me through her glasses, cautious.

"I have no idea myself. But please do go ahead and have a taste of it." I asked, trembling in anxiety.

 

To my surprise, the girl flashed her captivating smile yet again and lifted the plastic cup to her lips. I watched as she took a gentle sip onto the warm drink. Tilting the cup away, she folded her lips into and remained silent for a while, making my heart freeze in fear. But all my worries vanished automatically as she looked back up at me, showing a playful and unique smirk.
It wasn't like any other smile...I am confident that this is the smile that had melted the hearts of thousands of men all over the country.

"Thank you for your treat. I'm going to enjoy this a lot." She thanked softly and was preparing to leave the shop.

"Thank you for the kind feedback!" I happily bowed and thanked. "Please do watch your-"

 

Yes, getting cut off as I talked naturally felt horrible. But, it was the very action that this "stranger" did that made me feel special. She placed her cup on the counter and held her index finger to her delicate lips. Hushing me, she lifted her sunglasses and revealed her identity to me. Only managing a gasp through my mouth, my eyes bulged in surprise as my guess echoed bingo throughout my mind. Leaving me speechless and starstruck, she took her leave into the dark and freezing night.

No dreams would ever feel as good as the experience I just had. My name is Kyungjoon, and I am a student studying at the local university, near the café, in the heart of the city. With much anticipation from the encounter I've just had, I joyfully hoped for the revisit from my favorite idol, Krystal Jung Soojung.

 

(Krystal)

Introducing myself to the snowy night sky once again, I left the café with the cup of warm drink in my hand. Reminiscing our little interaction was pretty much inevitable since it left something to carve into my memory. His gently combed hair stood out in contrast with the antique-looking wallpaper, leaving a friendly yet composed impression. Under his hazel-tinted hair, his eyes glowed warmly but felt as if they were nervous.

The way he looked right into my eyes through my shades was incredible though. For someone whom may be around my age, this guy had really good manners showing through his basic eye contact. However chilled by the falling snow, I felt warmed up by the way he served me. This interesting person would definitely be worth making friends with. I think...
Now, regarding that recomendation he suggested to me. It soothed not only my mind, but also refreshed my aching body from the recent hectic schedule we had.

"I would probably need this drink often." I reminded myself and laughed softly as the cold wind blew onto my face.

I am Krystal Jung Soojung, better known as South Korean girl group, f(x)'s maknae.
On top of that, my relationship with Jessica unnie shot me to where I am today. Often praised for our good family genes, unnie and I often feel embarrassed but proud to be a Jung.

But my fame, my popularity, has seperated me from what I should have experienced like others. I would just be like any other person, sitting in that café, stressing my head out for the examinations. Instead, my chosen life has exposed me to things beyond my wildest dreams. You might ask me if I've regretted walking onto the path of fame. But truthfully, I have no regrets at all.
As I took one last glance through the glass windows of Café Rum, a smile grew onto my face, watching the calm lives of those people.

 

[Incoming call.]

"Hello?" I answered, anticipating her voice.

"Yah Soojung, its late. Where are you now?" Unnie nagged, making me chuckle.

"I'm on the way home Vic umma. Just went down to the café for a drink." I explained.

"Well, stay alert while you are on the way alright?" She continued. "Try not to loiter around for too long."

"Alright, see you in a jiffy."

"See ya." Victoria unnie ended with a kiss through the phone.

[Disconnected.]

 

"Urgh." I thought to myself, smiling at her silly ending as I continued walking through the snow.

That would be Victoria Song. The cheerful and friendly leader of my group. To be honest, the way she nags really reminds me of my own mother. Speaking of which, I have better go back to the dorms early. Increasing my pace, I hurried through the snow, hoping to get back home quickly...

=============================================================

So this is the end of chapter one, I do hope that it isn't too bad.
Please do leave a comment down below to let me see your views on my writing.
Of course for those that are uncomfortable, you can PM me.
Feel free to include and advice or suggestions to my story, I would most definitelty read it wholeheartedly.
Thank you for your time!