Eternal Spring

Eternal Spring
Please log in to read the full chapter

BEWARE! THIS IS A LONG ONE-SHOT!!! XDD AND A FAIL T^T

Yang Seungho was an owner of a café in the heart of Seoul while Song Ahn Rin was an English teacher in one of prestigious high school in Seoul. Both were best friends yet their friendship seems weird for the others.

Weird? Maybe because of their opposite personalities was the reason. You don’t need to get to know them well to figure it out, how different was their personalities yet no one ever doubting their friendship.

The sun was light while the wind was cold, yes, it was the beginning of spring and Seungho hates it. He sighed as he walked out of his car, pausing when he looked around the familiar neighborhood. Spring was around the corner and he hates that.

“Good morning sajang-nim” He walked into his own shop and greeted by his employees. He nodded and flashed a smile to his bright barista. “Morning Junho”

“Morning sir!” It was the waitress and he greeted them just like he did before. “Morning Jia, Min”

He went to his office on the second floor after he greeted the rest of his employees. He sat down and his computer after putted his glasses on but he let the door opened because he knew if his manager will enter with her daily report.

“Oh, what a nice outfit for spring” Seungho looked up at the familiar voice then chuckling at her sarcasm comment. “Brown leather jacket and..”

“Good morning Fei” He cut her off while shaking his head, a smile lingering on his face. She chuckled as she handed him the daily report. “How was yesterday?”

“Not too crowded, I guess because of the midterm test” She answered and turned her heels but she stopped under the door frame, with a chuckle she added, “She is here”

“Thanks” He nodded with a smile for a split of seconds before it turned into a sigh. He rose and walked out of his office.

He stopped and leaned on the railing as he watched the first floor. A smile drawn in his face as soon as he spotted a very familiar figure was talking to his barista, a very bright smile plastered on her face.

It was her, Song Ahn Rin, his best friend and the reason he hates spring. Actually, Seungho wasn’t a guy who cares about the season but he does care about spring, only spring.

He could help but widening his smile when she looked up, waving and grinning at him. “Seungho-ah! Morning!”

“Morning!” He replied as he walked down the stairs. “You are early today”

“Yup!” She nodded and took a sip on her morning coffee. “I want to tell you about something”

There she goes again, no, not that Seungho hates to hear her story, and he did that since they were in diapers and vice-versa. It was just her story, her spring story.

She took a seat on their usual spot, in the corner, near the window; Seungho’s favorite. After taking his fresh hot Americano from Junho, he joined her as he sat across her. Get ready to hear whatever will come from her.

“Uh? Cappuccino?” He frowned when he spotted the brown and creamy liquid on her cup. She nodded and excitement in her eyes was a clear evidence for Seungho, she falls in love…..again….this spring.

Yup! That was why Seungho hates spring. She will fall in love again and again in the spring. People called it spring love but Seungho called it spring hate.

Jealous? No, Seungho wasn’t jealous at all. They are forever best friend and Seungho was sure about that. Seungho was just care about her, a bit too much.

The reason Seungho hates spring was the end of her spring love. Song Ahn Rin will fall in love when the spring comes and she will break her heart in autumn, Yang Seungho’s birthday and he hates that.

He couldn’t remember the last time they celebrated his birthday without her broke up stories, maybe last year? Two or maybe five years ago? He didn’t want to remember it.

“So, who is the guy this time? A fellow teacher or…?”

“A model!” She grinned then took another sip on her cappuccino, grimacing when the liquid passed her tongue; wiping her lips as soon as possible.

A sigh escaped from Seungho’s lips as he shook his head. Song Ahn Rin hates coffee, even just a cup of cappuccino. She even hates caramel latte but being her, he wouldn’t surprise with her acts.

“So… I’m assuming he likes cappuccino?” He said with lack of enthusiasm as he leaned on the chair, his fingers curled around the warm cup and eyes locking with her hazel orbs.

“Yes! His name is Lee Joon and I will introduce him to you after the school finished!” She said as she rose from her seat. Picking up her book, she walked towards him and gave a peck on his cheek. “I’m late, see you later”

“If… If I didn’t know about their friendship, I thought they are dating” Said Jia.

“Agree, why are they remains friends? I thought they love each other” Junho added while making himself a cup of hot espresso.

“It’s about time” Fei joined as she locked her eyes to Seungho who was staring blankly outside the window. “Come on, back to work”

“Lee Joon….a model?” Seungho sighed and took a last glance at her barely touched cappuccino. He was sure he will hate cappuccino soon.

 

---------------

 

Ahn Rin was sure she loves Lee Joon, different from her past spring love. She loves his cute eyes, his panic face and most of all, his smile.  It’s been 6 months since they know each other yet she was afraid is her love was just a one-sided love.

“Do you think he love me? Or at least… like me?” Ahn Rin asked as she leaned her forehead against the cold table, of course with Seungho sat across her.

Looking up from his book, Seungho sighed when he found his best friend tipped her head and pressed her cheek on the table, staring at the busy street.

“Why don’t you ask him?” He said and earned a glare from her. “What? I’m just saying”

“Yah! I’m a girl! How could I ask him that?!”

A soft laugh came from Seungho when she made a face at him. “I never see you as a girl”

She scrunched her nose and rose from her seat; she walked towards him with a smirk in her face. “Are you sure? You never see me as a girl?”

“Yah, what are you doing?” He squirmed when she started to tickle him. “Ahn Rin, stop it!”

All she did just laugh and continued to tickle as she sat next to him. “Aigoo~ how could the almighty Yang Seungho gets ticklish easily like this?”

Then, their laughs echoed in the warm café, grabbing their surrounded attentions. Some school girls giggling, some old couples smiling and the singles looked at them with jealousy.

The only thing that stopped their laugh was Ahn Rin’s phone. “Oh! a message?” She said then reached out her phone, a smile creep when she read the message and Seungho knows who the sender was.

“I have to go, bye!”

With that said, Seungho sat there with her back facing him, again. He was afraid if he will get used to it, facing her back while she running to her beloved one. Seungho was scared if they walked into a different path or grew apart because of deep down inside; he needs her and always sees her as a girl.

----------------

 

Please log in to read the full chapter