Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pinky Promise

 

"You know," Jessica muttered with a sigh as she pulled off the lid of the third nail polish –glittery pink that time. She glared at the man sitting innocently in front of her before continuing her remark, "Last time I checked, I didn't put on a 24/7 manicure service signboard on my door."

 

She was quite tired, having just shot their Galaxy Supernova PV, and her clock was telling her that it was 23:40 pm already. Yes, Jessica Jung took Seohyun's sleeping policy well (the fact that she had been over-implementing the beauty sleep policy even before Seohyun told her so was another issue).

 

Anyway, Jessica found herself in a situation where she was clearly sleep-deprived –but unable to sleep simply because Kim Heechul came twenty minutes prior demanding her to do a quick manicure session for him. She wanted to protest. She had protested, but the uncontested rule was that Heechul always got what he wanted. Thus, after his nagging, Jessica excused herself to her bedroom, only to return back to the living room with her nail polish collection box.

 

Yes, she quite disliked herself for obeying Heechul's selfish wishes.

 

And as if his request had not been painful enough, he continued to justify his request.

 

"But you are the best when it comes to –ah, you're ruining the design!" he complained all so sudden when Jessica brushed the nail polish out of the line.  He muttered something about 'get-that-tissue-NOW-or-the-polish-will-dry-messily!' and Jessica was reminded again that Heechul was her best anger-management therapy. Seriously, the fact that she could stand Heechul's diva-ish attitude more than normal people could showed that she had a very high tolerance level.

 

She tidied the design quickly but commented about other thing. "I don't know why my parents let you in."

 

"Your parents like me," Heechul suggested casually.

 

"My parents think of you as my girl friend," she corrected him and shrugged a second later. "Which is not entirely incorrect."

 

"Yah!" Heechul objected as he made a gesture to grind Jessica's head –only to have Jessica screeching soon after because 'you-are-ruining-the-nail-design-yourself!'

 

Having his nails at stake, Heechul quieted down and Jessica was able to continue her work. Heechul took a good care of his nails and sometimes Jessica wondered whether Heechul's military commander had a say about it.

 

"Your hands are beautiful," she whispered to herself.

 

"What?"

 

Jessica blinked –mentally cursing herself for blurting that line out. No matter what she felt for Heechul, he really did not have to know.

 

"Nothing," she mumbled and continued to lower her head to stare at his nails –that time, from a more professional point of view. She was finished with his left index finger already –three more nails to go.

 

Maybe she should slow down.

 

"So, Seo Nyuh Shi Dae really does not stay in one dorm anymore, eh?" Heechul opened up a conversation when Jessica fell into a silence all so sudden. He scanned around the living room of the Jung household. "Wow, it's really been quite some time since I last came to this place. Remember? When we were trainees, I came here almost everyday."

 

His unintentional invitation to reminisce was welcomed without much of brain resistance. Among the things that Jessica liked to treasure from her trainee days, her friendship with Heechul would be in the list. There was a pang of regret lurking uncomfortably at the pit of her heart when she looked back –when she looked at him now –still bound by his mandatory military service.

 

"It's really been quite some time since you left for the military service," Jessica noted–her talking pace slowed down. She stopped applying the nail polish and lifted her head up.

 

Heechul was smiling and she thought her heart nearly jumped.

 

"What, you've been missing me?" he teased.

 

"Yeah, right," Jessica muttered quickly, feigning everything. "Two years are not long enough. It has been peaceful, but once you are discharged, it won't be anymore."

 

Please log in to read the full chapter