TEARS

FLY AWAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since I was a little girl I knew what I wanted
One day I would see the world and make my mark on it
Put in time, sacrificed never thought of thinking twice
Since I was a little girl I dreamed

 

To be a singer was all I ever wanted. To be recognized all over the world with my vocal ability. To be praised by the crowds that I can sing LIVE. I, Jessica Jung, was an ambitious kind of girl back then. I studied music. I gave my all in music to reach my dream as a singer. I even sacrificed my time. When I was a teenager, I rarely went to movies or such because I was too focused in studying music. All I had in mind was: music, music, music. Never thought of anything else. But as time goes by, everything had changed. No, not all at once, but little by little. At high school, I fell in love… with my best friend, Lee Donghae. Donghae and I had known each other for…like…forever. I mean, I knew this guy since I was on all fours, he was five back then. We were neighbors. He was my partner in crime, my best friend, my brother that I never had, my knight in shining armor… in short, he was my everything. Lucky I’m in love with my best friend.  Indeed. We were always together 24/7. Well, not always, but, most of the time of my life I spent with him. My parents and his parents weren’t even shocked when we told them that we were an item. They said they had always knew that this would happen anytime soon. I mean, falling in love with each other.

Donghae also had an interest in music. Composing was his specialty. And I have to admit; he made awesome songs. But he never wanted to be a singer or anything like that. He was always wanted to be a businessman, just like his father. Having him as my boyfriend was a blessing.

When I reached 18 and finished my school, I had an offer to enter The Julliard School of Music. The Julliard School is one of the most renowned schools of the world. They offer a degree of Bachelor in Music. And the entry to the school is highly competitive since it allows only 7.6% of top participants. I was spazzing for days. Donghae and my parents were ecstatic.  I didn’t think and accepted the offer without further ado since being a singer was my dream and Julliard’s can help me to reach my goal. So yeah, I accepted the offer to enter the college. God, who wouldn’t?! I mean… Julliard’s, hello??

 

My alarm clock in the morning said you got to go now
The breakfast you were calling and my heart just broke down
Cause tomorrow we will be waking up separately
Wish I never heard that clock ring
See I don't want to win if my hearts got to lose
So how in the world do I choose?

 

I was awakened by the alarm clock I had set last night. Today, I will leave Seoul and start a new life far away from here.

“Sweetheart, the breakfast is ready.” Donghae called from outside of my room.

I took Donghae’s shirt that was on the floor and wear it to cover my body. Today… will be the last day that I can wear his shirt, smell his scent, and kiss him like there’s no tomorrow. But yeah, there is no tomorrow, cause tomorrow we will be waking up separately. How I wish I never heard that mothering clock ring. I don’t even know what I want anymore. I am… afraid. I’m afraid of every little possibilities of losing him. On the other hand, going to Julliard’s will give me bigger chance to reach my goal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter