The Girl Who Never Waited

We Choose to Remember Our Ghosts
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

We Choose to Remember Our Ghosts

[1. The Girl Who Never Waited]

 

 

There was a pregnant pause right after he asked her the simple question –grinning, oblivious, ignorant.

 

"So, how have you been doing the past two years?"

 

What have I been doing for the past two years? Fine, I am fine –why do you need to ask? Everything is just fine, because I am Jessica Jung, and I am a member of South Korean National Girl Group –and isn't that the only label left for me? (She was only a shell. Make-up did a pretty cover to her nasty personality. Wasn't he the one who told her so?). I am doing great. I am ecstatic, and could not have been even more plastic.

 

Jessica cast a small smile and she idly played with the rim of the glass in front of her. "Just the usual. Recording, training, concert, you know," she answered, but never explained. "Stuffs."

 

Heechul chuckled. "Stuffs? Still more stuffs to do than my two years."

 

But you are enjoying your two years military service much more than you ever claim to be. You never miss, you never stay, don't you? You know nothing about me. I bet you didn't know that I was forced to have another plastic surgery again last year. Ah, if you had known, you would have told me that I was used to it anyway, right?

 

There was a playful slap on his shoulders and he grimaced –commenting on how she punched like a man. Jessica laughed again and added, "But you have your radio show and everything. And honestly, it's like you never leave anyway. Geez, were you really serving the military? You could even have a monthly manicure session with Sulli. "

 

Right. Sulli. And Jaejoong Oppa. And Yoona. And Sohee. And even that cosplayer –whoever her name is. You were never too busy for them, but you never called me. Not eve

Please log in to read the full chapter