1.

High School Sweethearts

 

Curling your hair, you slightly burned your finger and glance at the time. 12:00 PM

'Oh no, I'm late!' you think as you run down stairs to grab your wallet, shoes, and present for your boyfriend, Jihoon.

- You've started crushing on him since high school started, and about 9 months ago you confessed. When you confessed, he told you that he felt the same way and from that day on you guys gained the title, "High School Sweethearts" seeing that you were always together, at school, walking home, anywhere. -

As soon as you said bye to your parents and locked the door, you tried to run as fast as you could to the Samsung Hall without looking flustered and attracting other people's attention. When you reached the theater, there were already a group of fan girls camping outside the doors waiting for their concert to begin.

"Oh hey Eunbi," you hear a familiar voice whisper behind you.

As you turn around, someone grabs your wrist and starts walking, "Come on, your boyfriend is waiting for you. We're all taking a break."

When you look up to see who it is, they move their head and the sun blinds your eyes, so you automatically look down again and walk along side them to your boyfriend.

"He's been complaining about how much aegyo we want him to do and how he doesn't want to have an adorable face, but a manly, cool one. We think he's just overreacting though, it's only going to be once in a while he'll be doing this," says the familiar voice again.

"Typical Jihoon, how do you guys put up with his mood swings?" you tease. Finally you remember who's voice that belongs to as you take one more glance, it's Soonyoung. 'Of course, how'd I forget?' you thought. When you finally reach a door near the back of the building, you could hear a bunch of boys talking all at once with their own conversations.

"Okay, when you turn, make sure..." "I think that today will be amazing and.." "I really want to say that though, let me! Let.." And finally you hear the most recognizable voice before you walk through the door, "Yeah, Soonyoung's bringing her here since I had to redo my hair remember? Hopefully he doesn't get caught up in the crowd or forgets her face." Then when you walk into the room, all 14 of the boys' eyes are on you and most yell, "Hi Eunbi! Finally you're here! Jihoon's been talking about you all day." or something similar to make fun of him. "Forget them, they're just jealous they don't have a relationship like we do," jokes around Jihoon.

"Mm, alright. I like your hair though! It's blue. It reminds me of a blueberry! I'm going to call you blueberry from now on ok?" you say while trying to hold in a laugh. "Awwwww, but Bibi~ I don't like that name. I already have plenty of nicknames!" your boyfriend pretends to frown. "Well too bad for you. Your fault for dying your hair blue," you answer while the other guys chuckled and laughed. "By the way, am I late?" you ask.

"Nope, you're right on time. We're going to rehearse one more time before our first performance, so we'll leave you here by yourself for a bit," replied Jihoon.

"Aw alright my little blueberry, be safe and have fun! Don't mess up."

As soon as they all left through a door to the stage, you heard a tap from another door that opens to the back of the building. 'Wait, what should I do? I don't even know if his managers or anyone else know that we're dating... And I'm pretty sure his fans don't either. What if I get caught and they think I'm a crazy fangirl? What if I open the door and it's a crazy fangirl and they assume I'm a crazy fangirl? Wow. I never knew the pressure of being a trainee's girlfriend would be so much, hah.' you thought to yourself as someone continues to knock on the door. 'Oh my, they're knocking so hard now what if they break the door? Scary...'

Soon after, the knocking stopped and the boys came back in. Some in sweat, some reapplying their make-up, and some combing and fixing their hair.

"Hey Jihoon's honey," Wonwoo said.

"Hahah hi..." you answered.

"Were you lonely?" Seungcheol appeared out of nowhere, while Jihoon was still walking in.

"Of course....not," you said as he sat down next to you. "But there was someone who knocked on that door earlier and I almost freaked out. Who knows we're dating again?" you asked Jihoon as you pointed to the back door. "Everyone except our fans, my managers, members, and everyone I work with know," he said as he eyed everyone fixing themselves up for their first performance.

"Ah, alright. I'll remember that next time. But if I get caught by your fangirls or fanboys, I'm telling them I'm your best friend because I don't feel like dying yet," you and smiled. You saw him partly smile, "Okay Eunbi. After the show I have something I want to talk to you about though, about our relationship. I have to go fix my hair and makeup too now, and right after I'm performing. See you out there?" You watched him lose his smile and walk away. 'I wonder what he wants to talk about... Is he having second thoughts about our relationship? Is everything alright? He seems off... I wonder what happened during their rehearsal. I guess if I'm burdening him then I could get over him...' As soon as he left your view Chan came to sit next to you, "What's troubling you noona? If it's Jihoon, don't worry. He's just probably over-thinking everything right now, he always does. He's very strict when it comes to 17 practicing and performing, but I'm sure you know that by now." When Chan smiled, all you could do is smile at his kindness with him. "Thanks Chan, you're too nice."

-After the Show-

You met the boys back at their dressing room to talk and congratulate. "Yeah! We did amazing guys! That was great!" you could hear everyone yelling at each other with praises, patting each other on the back, and hugging. "HEY EUNBI! WHAT'D YOU THINK?" you heard Seunggwan yell at you when he made eye contact with you. "It was amazing! You were all great, and Seokmin-ah, your costume was so cute!" you replied. "Why, thank you," Seokmin sarcastically answered with a wink. You saw Jihoon getting hugs and praises from Junghan, Junhui, and Mingming. You walk up to him, "Hey blueberry, I saw your solo performance. You're amazing. But I saw a lot of girls cheering for you too, I can honestly say that I'm a little jealous."

"Thanks Bibi," he said with a little smile, "oh uh, I still need to talk with you..." You hesitate to answer, since you forgot about the conversation from earlier, "Oh right! Yeah, okay. Uh, where did you want to go talk?" Seeing as he's walking out of the dressing room and into the hallway you follow him. "So..... Eunbi. I don't know how to say this but..." he starts talking nervously, "I. I don't. I really don't know how to say this. I was ready and everything but. I just. I don't know." He starts playing with his hands nervously.

"Is it a bad thing?" you ask him. "No, no, no," he answers you, "at least I hope you don't think it's a bad thing. I don't..." After a couple minutes, he doesn't say anything so you decided to speak up again, "Okay. Tell me what's up Jihoon, I'm nervously waiting here for you and you're just standing there in front of my face, waiting for who knows what to happen." His face suddenly turns blank and he looks into your eyes, "Eunbi, I know we have been together for a while now. I've been thinking too, and well I think it'd be best if we didn't see each other anymore... I'm afraid you might get hurt because of my dream of becoming and idol and all the hate that might come to you from being my girlfriend when it happens. I care about you way too much and I just don't want you to think you're worth nothing to me when I get into busy situations or other things that are similar to it." Your heart literally splits into pieces when he said those words. "So that's all? You're breaking up with me because you care too much for me? That's an amazing excuse. Thanks a lot. I can't believe that we went out for 9 months and 2 weeks, and you want to end it here because of my weak insecurities of losing you. Well I guess if it's what you want. Bye, see you next time. Or whenever," you stormed off with tears in your eyes. Going through the boys' dressing room felt longer than a life time and hiding your face from their eyes felt like you were going to die if they saw your tears. You knew that if any one of them saw you cry, they'd run up to you so you practically ran as fast as you can while they stared at your awkwardness. As soon as you reached the door and ran outside of the building to the far back, you sat on the floor, leaned against the wall, and cried your heart out. 'Why am I such a fool. I saw this coming. I probably jinxed myself, worrying over every little thing. I shouldn't have cared, should I? Whatever. It's over and done with for now.' And you continued to bawl until you heard footsteps. What you didn't realize earlier was that someone followed you out of the dressing room when you ran.

- Meanwhile in the Dressing Room -

The room was quiet, no one even bothered to whisper questions at each other until Jihoon walked in.

"Dude, Jihoon. What happened to Eunbi? She looked like she was being chased by a dinosaur?" Soonyoung asked. Jihoon hesitated to answer, but soon did. "I... Well I broke up with her. I'm worried that she'll be heartbroken from the pressure of the fangirls we have... What if she gets hurt and it's all my fault? I don't want her to end up like that. So I ended it." Suddenly Chan started to speak right after him, "Hyung. I'm sorry, but why are you so stupid? She saw this coming and I told her not to worry. Because I didn't think you'd really end up breaking things off with her! She doesn't just love you, she's in love with you! She told me herself last week that she'd say it after our performance. But you made her lose her chance. Don't you love her back? I'm pretty sure you do. You're really blind sometimes." Finally Chan's words hit him. Jihoon thought about it for a while and the whole room was silent, 'She loves me...? She was going to tell me today that she's in love with me? I was going to tell her too... Until she started worrying about getting hurt and I thought she was telling me that as a clue to wanting to break up...? Am I really that clueless? Oh no. What have I done? I need to get her back.' Finally, Jihoon ran out of the dressing room and tried to find out which way she went. He thought she ran home so he went the way her house was. Which was the exact opposite of the way she really ran.

- Back of the Building -

"So... He really broke up with you huh?" said the guy who followed you out. "Yeah," you sniffled, "I never really thought he'd do it. But I guess my suspicions were true..." The guy sat down next to you and scooted over so you could lean your head on his shoulder, which was kind of hard because he was taller than you, so he leaned down a little as well. "Well, you still got us to talk to alright? Especially me," he said with a cheesy smile. You chuckled at how hard he tried to smile, "Aw thanks. I hope you're right though. Sometimes it seems like most of the members only treat me nicely because I'm Jihoon's girlfriend. Or was..." He tried to put his arm around you to comfort you but when you tried to get comfortable you accidentally hit his chin with your head, which hurt both of you. He and you laughed together and then he suddenly started talking again, "Well Eunbi, that's not true for any of us. We all like you just fine. Some of us are just shy and unsocial... Which is going to be hard to be when we debut. And well... I know this isn't the right time but.. I've liked you more than just a friend for a long time. Before you and Jihoon became a couple I did... But I didn't really want to come in between you guys. I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but I just wanted you to know that." This left you speechless. You've known him for 2 years, and you have never once thought that he'd like you like that. You thought that only Jihoon was the only guy who saw you as "girlfriend materiel" because he was just weird like that. "Um.. Eunbi. Say something? I'm sorry..." he said to get my attention. "Oh, sorry. Uh. Yeah. I never thought that you'd feel that way about me... Mingyu, I've known you a whole lot longer than Jihoon, and well you're an amazing best friend. And I have once liked you before... But that was a long while ago. My feelings come back once in a while, but I still think that your friendship means too much to me to lose. But maybe... We could become more than friends? One day," you answered him. Soon it was near 10 o'clock PM and you had to head home. As you walked home by yourself, you heard someone walking towards you. You took a glance up, saw that they had a hoodie on and thought that they looked familiar, but you were too glum to care so you kept walking until you passed them and they said your name. "Eunbi. I'm sorry," they said. You turned around and automatically recognized the voice. You were once again, speechless. They walked towards you to hug you but you stepped back before the both of you made contact. You slowly looked up and stared at the face that stared back at you. "Eunbi, please accept my apologies," they said again. You still couldn't do anything but stare at them. "Eunbi, please answer me..." they said once more. You hesitated to speak but finally did, "Jihoon, I don't get it. What are you apologizing for? You broke up with me so I wouldn't get hurt. Thanks for the heads up, now bye." The eyes you were staring at were filled with sadness and, as soon as you said that, his whole facial expression gave away his emotions. "But there is, I was stupid. I was too blind to see that I loved you-no I was, I am in love with you Eunbi. I want you back because I can't do anything without you, I want you to be mine for the rest of the day and until we split for the unknown reason, I want to be able to say that I am in love with Choi Eunbi and she is in love with me too. So please, accept my apology and stay with me. I want to be apart of the High School Sweethearts couple again Bibi. It's only been a couple of hours, but I miss you already." All the words he poured out of his heart and you only focused on seven of them, 'I am in love with you Eunbi.' You couldn't say anything else, so you just hugged him and the both of you stood there for a couple minutes until words were spoken again. "I am in love with you too Jihoon, I will accept your apology and yes, we are the High School Sweethearts once again." And with that, he kissed you. The two of you have never lost your first kiss, not even to each other until now. Before his lips reached yours, he hesitated. When your lips finally touched, you both got closer to each other. You could hear and feel each other's hearts beat and beat fast. He started moving his lips awkwardly, since this was his first kiss. But when he started to move his lips, you followed and soon your guys' lips were moving as one. His hands that were on your shoulders, are now on your neck. Your hands that were at your sides, are now on his back pulling him as close as you can. Your first kiss got deeper and deeper, his hands traveled from your neck to your cheeks and yours from his back to his hair still pulling him closer. Soon after about 5-10 minutes, your first kiss and make-out session was over. You both pulled apart and stared into each other's eyes. "I love you, Eunbi," he said. "And I love you," you replied.