Chapter 10 - Oppa Has Risen

Behind the Scenes: Eunhae Revealed

 

Hanna, du, set.

Welcome to the Super Show

Let’s go!

My name is Donghae

Let’s party tonight.

            Welcome to a new year my beloved readers! Rather than going back to the past, I’m going to start with the now. I’ll go back to past moments later. But let’s explore the story behind the funny new Eunhae song, Oppa, Oppa.

            As is normal with previous Super Shows, Eunhae always has a solo together. In this case, the song is a new one. I have to admit, if they weren’t Eunhae, and we weren’t Super Junior, they would never have been able to pull this song off. It’s so intense, so silly and so catchy and out of the blue that it requires major stage presence to make it work. And Eunhae did it well.

            When the song was first in production, it was only meant to be Donghae doing it. But he balked at the idea of having to make a fool of himself alone. “I want a partner. I can’t handle this by myself!”

            They proposed Shindong, because he was silly, then they proposed Leeteuk-hyung. But it was I who stood up and suggested to the company, “Why don’t we use Eunhyuk-shi? After all, Eunhae is very popular.” SM reviewed the famous couples of our group and conceded, Eunhae it was. Donghae smiled gratefully at me and I shot him a smug look back. Always listen to the maknae. I know what I’m talking about.

            So the two went into the studio to work hard. The song in itself was a nod to our celebrity status. “What do you want the theme to be?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae.

            “Well, we already know most of the lyrics, and we know the style of the song. Why don’t we add in a bit of our own touches?” he suggested and the Dance Machine agreed. They spent every free minute they had, holed up in the studio, waiting to give a grand performance in time for our Super Show 4.

            We never really knew what went on in those practice rooms, but it’s Eunhae, dancing to an Eunhae song… I think we can guess :D But the day of the Super Show came and I lurked in their dressing room, watching. Oh my gosh, my eyes.

            The lights dimmed and anticipation swept through the audience. Suddenly a booming sound came over the speakers.

Ah Ah

Hanna du set

Welcome to the Super Show

The crowd went crazy. Donghae appeared in sunglasses and a bright red suit. Oh if it weren’t you, you would have been laughed off the stage. Then Eunhyuk-shi showed up in an equally ridiculous yellow suit. Ahaha, ketchup and mustard. They’re too funny.

I think the highlight of their performance consists of three parts.

1.               Eunhae dancing and grinding their hips at each other.

2.               Eunhae wrapping their arms around each other’s waists and dancing.

3.               “I say Eunhae, you say oppa! Eunhae-Oppa! Eunhae-Oppa!

Nevertheless, the performance was a great hit. So SM decided to form a little baby

subunit called: Super Junior Eunhae! (Well, it’s a different name but STILL).

          When they first performed, the crowds were disappointed because, really? They changed ‘Eunhae’ to ‘SuJu.’ But that was because SM didn’t want fans to die of shipping overload. As if the performance itself wasn’t drool worthy already?

          But the fans loved it. Eunhae grabbing at each other, dancing together, eyes locking all the time. Heck, I feel like shipping them when I watch this myself. After the first performance, Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and smiled at him.

          “Eunhae hwaiting! We make a great pair don’t we, Eunhyuk-shi?”

          Eunhyuk nodded, still high from the performance. Donghae grabbed his hand and swung it around. “I love working together with you.” He pulled Eunhyuk in for a hug. The anchovy grimaced slightly and pulled away.

          “Ya, you know we only work together because we’re super compatible right? There really is no other reason. For all you know, they might as well used Shindong if he was our age, and a bit skinnier. Or they would use Teukie-hyung, except he’s too busy.”

          O_O What was the cause for this change, Monkey? The rest of us fell silent and watched Eunhae go back and forth, like a tennis match. Why were we always witness to their fights? Donghae’s face fell and I saw Eunhyuk wipe at his eyes as he walked down the hallway. Why in the world would he be crying now?

          I walked up to him and asked him, “Hyung, why are you so upset?” Eunhyuk didn’t answer and I wrenched his arm. “Ya, answer me!”

          “I hate dancing with him. Every time I do it, I always want to hug him. But that’s super inappropriate onstage. It’s so stupid, but I sort of got a bit jealous when he danced with the girl.”

          I rolled my eyes. Stupid child. “Dude, you’re the one womanizing with group after group of girls. Besides, it’s all a part of your performance. Why are you freaking out?”

          Eunhyuk whispered very quietly, “I heard one of the dancers say that Donghae is hot.”

          PWAHAHAHAHA. I wanted to beat this kid over the head. “She’s just a fan! Ahahaha, I’m pretty sure Jewels call you hot all the time and you don’t complain. Why is it so different with Donghae? Besides, if you must know, the girl who danced with you guys in I Wanna Love You said you were hot. And Donghae didn’t freak out.” Eunhyuk blushed, and I looked over my shoulder only to grin wickedly. “Hey, hyung,” I nudged him. “Guess who heard?”

          We both turned around and his face flamed red as he saw a very amused Donghae smile up at him. “So that’s why you were so upset! Oh Hyukkie, I hope you know that I will always only love you. Why are you acting like such a pabo?

          I snickered and left the two to their antics. When it was Super Junior’s special appearance in the song, I was sorely tempted to mess up and push the two together. Yes, Eunhae shippers, you should thank me. Instead, I was only able to semi-trip Donghae right into the arms of… me >_<. But I will concede to this, Eunhae on stage, together, is one entity of flaming charisma.

          Repeat after me:

I say Eunhae, you say Oppa

Eunhae!

OPPA! ♥

Yes, Kyuhyunnie is an Eunhae shipper too. BUT he endorses Kyuhae and Kyuhyuk mores. :3

 

Ho ho ho, I hope you all enjoyed my one year anniversary gift to you ♥

Thank you for always supporting me~ Monkey Emoticons

I will do one more chapter regarding a present moment then I will go back to "explaining" past moments. Please anticipate ♥ 

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR 

Oppa Oppa~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmBkoy3uDLM&feature=related