Drabble.

Spirit

Spirit                                                           

Siwon x Donghae. Requested by sparkler6

 

 

People in town say that if you walk farther than the temple, beyond the big century three, in the night, the forest splits in two dimensions, the living and the spirits.

I don’t believe in such things, who does these days? my friends called me a chicken and I didn’t mind, it was just my brother was disappointed and so, I’m now in the forest after midnight, it is okay, I’m fine even when there is no one around, since the boys are waiting at the foot of the temple.

I was startled though, when a branch just creaked.

“Stupid branch.”

I curse feeling my blood dropping, okay; I’m a bit scared, everyone would be if the night is deep, the wind whistles and that branch in that tree just moved?

Anyhow, at my seventeen years, I, Lee Donghae is entering in the woods to show my brother –and friends– I’m not a coward.

“I’m lost!”

I heard a chuckle, my eyes popped and I turned with my light trying to enlighten the darkness.

“I can help you find your way out.”

My hands are trembling.

“W-Who’s there?”

Between the shadows, I saw him, he wasn’t scary but with a kind smile, dimples showing at his cheeks and warm eyes, he was older than me, maybe around five years, still… my heart made a dokun dokun that couldn’t be stopped and the light was dropped from my hand.

My eyes widened when the fear of being in the darkness got the best of me, even so, what welcomed my eyes was a starry sky full of shooting stars, and I knew at that moment, the spirit world exist and that the forest spirit wasn’t scary.

I don’t remember how I was in my bed the next day and none of my friends or even my brother remembered about me leading in the night to that forest, but I remember I went there every night after midnight and always, he was there, smiling and showing a universe I didn’t know about.

I always was enchanted by his eyes, they swallowed my soul, and I was drowning on his scent, it smell like the trees after a soft rain, it was refreshing and new.

I never took his hand, neither touch him even briefly, he always keep himself away from me.

“Donghae-ssi, how is the human world?”

Siwon asked me with a longing smile, it was the first time I saw him sad and I my heart sank.

“Less beautiful than your world.”

He chuckled and turned to see me “You’re world is the most beautiful because you’re there.”

My heart couldn’t be controlled, he was racing so quickly I thought it would burn at any moment, my cheeks were flustered and hands twitch for touching his dimples, I never did so though.

Silent fell upon us, a nice embracing silent.

 

 

The next day I didn’t saw him and so the next week and next month.

I was sad, slowly depression got the best of me. I didn’t know why, maybe everything was a dream, maybe he was a dream, a fantasy, still my heart was aching too seeing him.

Not matter how or where, until I stopped eating and one day, in the middle of a storm, I ran to the forest, I never saw him again, and I knew at that moment I’ll never will.

A monk took my weak frame between his arms and I cried when he set me next to the warming fire, why did I cry? In the room, on a frame picture was his face, smiling next to the monk.

“He was my adopted son, he died ten years ago, this was his room.”

Silent tears left my eyes as the monk walked away “Sleep well, tomorrow you can go to the town.”

My body was cold, and even at that moment my yearning mind just could think about him and I felt a warm embrace as I closed my eyes slowly, not knowing the morning will never reach my eyes.

 

 

Not matter how much Donghae’s family cry, the boy never awoke, it wasn’t nice burying a son, still the smile on his face was like if he just closed his eyes.

Ten years and cy born baby was heard, one at the south and after more two years after another at the north.

It was a sunny day, the kids were playing, laughs filling the park, a young boy walking to a café, hit was hot, the went there for a cold drink.

“Vanilla coffee please, with lots of ice!”

Donghae widened his eyes at some boy, maybe elder than him, dimples and beaming, he chuckled, never in his life he had seen a person like this, still his heart galloped and his lips curled into a smile.

“I was gonna ask the same.”

Donghae told the cashier and the boy turned surprised, smiling right away to Donghae.

“You like also that, oh, by the way, nice to meet you I’m Siwon.”

Donghae didn’t know why, but he shook hands with the stranger feeling giddy.

“Ehm, do you want to walk around?”

Siwon asked him, his dimples always there as Donghae nodded coyly, it was the first time they meet and it was enough for them to be friends.

 

 

“I like you, not as a friend, but as a lover”

Siwon uttered softly, like talking with the wind and full of concern, Donghae was silent, playing with his finger, emotion made him mute until he heard Siwon sigh.

“I knew you just like me as a friend—”

Donghae grinned after the peck he gave to the tallest of them.

“I like you too, so… what are we now?”

Siwon chuckled, the stars above them shining, both entwitened their fingers. Donghae rest his head over Siwon shoulders.

A shooting star passed. Siwon grinned thinking how thankful he was for an old start which granted him a wish, being with the human boy and he responded to Donghae.

“Boyfriend and boyfriend, we can get married later.” 

 

 

 

 


 

I really did want to write fluff, this was the most fluffy thing I could thought though, hope you liked it, if not feel free to tell me.