The start

The Project


"Sorry about that." I said trousling  my hair, "what am I doing, I'm making myself look like a fool..." I quietly stood there waiting for a simple "It's alright." , but nothing.

"Goodmorning class, I see that our new student is here. Please come in front Mr." a middle aged woman with grey strands of hair dangling gestured me to go in front.

I carefully walked my way through making sure I didn't look like a fool. "Hello, I'm Lee Taemin." I bowed "I hope we can all be friends"

"Thank you Taemin, you may now go back to your spot." she waited for me to sit down, and organize myself ," We have a new project to start, and I'm hoping everyone will enjoy it. This project is apart from any projects that we've done before, this will be a matter of decisions, and consequences. I'll let you figure it out by yourself, and I'll give you three months to complete this task. I know some of you are complaining, but this will give you an opportunity to prove that you can make wise decisions out of unexpected situations.. You can do this individually or with a partner. Enjoy!"

I was startled, the teacher gave them absolute freedom to do a project about anything! My thoughts were cut when I saw Sulli seating there, continuing her journey into her book, and not making any move. Her brown, almond eyes were glistening, her cheeks were rosy pink, and her lips... I could feel them calling my name.. I didn't know what happened, but it seemed like I wasn't in control of what happened.

"Hey." I said focusing on her, will she look at me?

"Hi" her voice seduced me, I was melting inside. Her voice was like a soft serenade reserved for the gods..

"May I know your name..."

She laughed, and touched my hand " Disrespectful of me... My name is Choi Sulli, sorry." 

"Will you go out with me?" the world seems to crash, " Why did I say that, we just met! Now, I really lost her.." I thought to myself trying hard not to freak out.. " Ummm, what I mean is-"

"Yes" she said in a calm voice, her face was expressionless, and her voice didnt give any clue on what she was thinking about.

"Yes?" I said "Really?"

" Yes, but don't think I like you.. I'm only doing this for the project. I am always curious about loe and things like this. Why people go mad when they experience it. on how long will it take me to fall for a stranger, so yes." 

I felt  my world and heart crash, I was for the project, I'm officially a guinea pig.. Experimented on "but"

"See you later BOYFRIEND." she said as she flashes a smile.

"B-BOYFRIEND..." I never thought that I'd get a girlfriend on my first day of school in a new school, as a transfer student...


"Taemin!" I looked across the hall, seeing Sulli, my girlfriend, run to me. She was carrying a box of chocolate, and a lunch bag. " Let's go for a date, outside school. oh and these are for you." my eyes grew wider when I saw her biting her lower lip, offering me the box of chocolates. Everyone around  us saw what happened, and the next thing I knew was them patting my back, and saying 'Congratulations.' 

She held my hand, dragging me outside school, after putting myself together I finally had the strength to hold her hand, she looked back at me and smiled. She layed her lunchbox down,  under an old oak tree, not far from school. She carefully unwraps the lunchbox, and to my surprise she had lunch for two. Was she expecting someone today?

" How did you prepare for this? Did you know I was going to transfer today and ask you out?" 

" No silly, I packed this for my oppa and I, but oppa is sick today, and I don't want to waste food."

Somehow my crushed self esteem from this morning was stepped on. I was only for a project, and the food I'm eating now was meant for another guy...  Am I really that dorky?

Sulli excused herself and went for a walk, but after ten minutes she was back. " Tomorrow, let's go to the movies together. Ok!"

"Sure." I'm hoping that tomorrow I can finally be seen as Lee Taemin, and not any prop for a project, or someone who eats food for other people.

"Great see you tomorrow!!"


I was standing there, waiting for a girl I just met. I glanced around the cinema, searching for long brown hair, or milky white skin, but I saw no one. The movie was about to star, but she is still not her, did she ditched me? 

"Taemin!" she said sprinting towards me, she was wearing slightly ripped jeans with a baggy pnk shirt. " Sorry!"

" It's fine, lets go?" I said trying to sound jolly.

"Thank you!" she grabbed my arm, then ran inside the theatre.


"Well, that was fun."  I said.

"It was? I'm not sure about my thoughts...I mean it was predictable, they fell in love with each other, but a tradegy happens, leaving the other one heartbroken..But I think it was ironic at some point too.."

"Yeah.."I said while trousling my hair "Exactly my thoughts."

"Where do you want to go now?"  she asked, she held my hand, and placed her head against my shoulders.

"Do you want to eat ice cream." she jumped up and down, and started singing.."I guess you love ice cream?"

"I do!I do!" it's like ice creams brings the child out of her, she had a smile that cannot be swept away from her face, her aura was cheery, and she stopped talking about serious, logical things..


She happily hops around the shop like a little kid, "So, what's with you and ice cream?" 

"I don't know, sometimes I just feel like the world is depending in the decisions that we make, so I make sure all my decisions are well  planned, and that I think it through thoroughly. But with ice cream I just feel free, I feel like I'm that child that will just bring happiness to everyone, regardless of what she does." She her ice cream, but unfortunately it falls down. She pouted, as her smile quickly fades away.

I took my ice cream, and offered it to her. The smile quickly returned, and she continued to the ice cream.."You just kissed me!"

She looked at me with a bewildered face, "No, I ws just eating your, my ice cream..."

"Exactly.. " I laughed seeing her priceless face, "My plan worked. You kissed me, nanana!!!" 

"Taemin!!" she tries to catch me, but I dodged her. soon we were chasing each other in circles, teasing each other, and laughing. 

I ran out of the shop, and headed outside. She was trailing behind me, finishing her ice cream, "Do you like me that much!" 

"I like your ice cream, any ice cream!" she runs to me, and finally catches me. "Pabo, why'd you make me chase you!"

"Sometimes, couples have to chase each other! Even if its illogical!"

Sulli stared at me, but moments after she bursts out laughing... "Oh Taemin! You're too funny!" She said catching her breath after every word.


After a week, Sulli and I had been closer with each other. we started to open up about our own personal lives, and within one week I was able to learn about her family, childhood, and happy memories..

"Oppa, can I ask you a question?"

My heart started to jump, little birds were singing in my head, and butterflies started to flutter in my stomach, "O-Oppa? did you just call me Oppa?" I started to jump around in circles, she looked at me with a blank expression, but I noticed a smile forming on her face.

"Let me just say...Little things can make you really happy..." she said smiling.

"Well, of course... We don't know what other things can enter our lives, so we should make it worth it. let's be happy and be content." 

Her face showed no emotions, she tilted her head and started to laugh, " You're so cheesy!"

I smiled seeing such a wonderful sight, she never laughed this much before, well not infront of me, I grabbed her and started to tickle her sides. 

"Oppa!" she giggled " St-St-stop it!!!" she grabbed my hand and faced me. Our eyes were locked with each other, all I can see was her beautiful eyes sparkling ;she started to smile again, her thin lips attracted me closer to her...

I leaned in closer while cupping her face, she stood there motionless, she didn't blink nor did she show any sign of breathing. I closed my eyes and prepared for heaven...

"I need to go," I almost fell, she quickly backed away and waved goodbye, "I need to go do some.....things. Important things."

"okay?" 


 


Hiii everyone! This was actually created months ago, but never actually had the time to update to or make it better... Thanks for all the patience and support you have shown me, I am thankful for it... Enjoy!