Chapter 20

We Will Be Together Forever

Kai’s P.O.V

“J-jongin” I heard D.O say “the reason for this dinner between us, is really only happening from one reason…our unanswered questions….so how about we number them off and make life simpler for the two of us, but I think there’s one question we both needed an answer to know was…..what or how the kiss happened amidst us”

My only reply to him was a heavy sigh, as the realization of what he had been saying was true. Though I seemed to have been faced with the main reason for why Kyungsoo had actually wanted to meet tonight…..essentially why I kissed him…and to be honest I was completely memorized being in his embrace.

“Kyungsoo….we ..us..in that moment back at the restaurant, when I was in your embrace in reality put a flashback sensation in front of my eyes of how though not ultimately right next to me …..You were somehow always watching me from afar. It’d even caused me to recalled one moment when I had remembered seeing you standing behind a bunch of lockers not far behind mine...watching me open my locker to find one of our class projects had been finished since I was unable to do it from the come coming swimming completion. So therefore remembering all that I knew I wanted or should I say had to be with you and just the moment seemed all too perfect for me to let that golden opportunity for me to kiss you slip straight through my fingers..” was all I could answer for Kyungsoo question, as I twirled my fingers around each other not being able to have enough confidence to see his reaction or not. Nevertheless what happened next was not what I had expected, I felt Kyungsoo’s two hands cup my cheeks and manuverd my head to tilt upwards to then softly feel his pair of sweet plump lips be pressed against mine. Without question I calmly commenced returning the kiss, until I felt my shirt becoming slightly damp so I decided to break the kiss and as I looked up, I saw Kyungsoo crying but he was still smiling.

 “Jongin I sincerely didn’t know I meant that much to you…and that day I wasn’t actually sure whether you had seen me or not but I had noticed you were consistently busy for the upcoming competition so I decided that if I did that homework for you, it would be a little more easier on you” was all Kyungsoo could say after I pulled away and guided him to his seat whilst wiping away his tears with my thumbs.

When Kyungsoo finally recomposed himself he asked me to mention the questions I’ve been wanting to ask him, by naturally numbering them. So as he asked I told him what I had wanted to know..

1.            Why do you need extra money?

2.            Why did you reject me?

3.            why don't you really live in a dorm?

4.            And why did you reject me?

D.O’s P.OV

“Kai I will tell you everything you want to know, but I just wanted to say sorry once more for not having the courage to tell you everything before, back at SM restaurant……..it was just still early and everything seemed to be moving quickly as well as I hadn’t yet gathered my thoughts about us then” I said but before I continued Kai cut me off by saying “It’s okay, I understand” as he began smiling urging me to continue.

“so question 1…..why do I need extra money, well since coming to Seoul I had used up all the money my parents had given me to actually getting myself here and to enrol into SM High. I’ll answer question 3 & 4 before  2 okay….i live alone because I can’t afford to live in a dorm at SM high, as I still needed to pay some of the school fees off but we came to a resolution for me to simply not get a dorm therefore making it cheaper for me to pay back the school…….and do you remember when I said they died in an accident because of various events, well a big part of my reason coming here was to find out the person who smashed their car into my parents …….they was no record of who had actually done it except for someone witnessing a report that the person had attended SM High, so I decided to come and at least find out who so I could get some sense of justice for my parents passing…but became side tracked as I started studying and became Kris’ target….” After that I took a minute to catch by breath before answering the last question.

“as for the last question about me rejecting you, was primary me not feeling worthy to be able to call myself to be with you forever, because growing up I always heard my parents saying to each other ‘We Will Be Together Forever’ and I just wanted to find someone who I would be comfortable to say that too. Plus there would’ve been so much hate at school because of me on you, and I couldn’t bring my heart for your social status become dropped to my standard….just as in just a simple thought,  you are our school top swimming athlete and I don’t want to ever take swimming away from you….especially since it had been taking away from me by whoever killed my parents” once I had finished talking I looked up to notice Kai with a nervous expression on his face making me ask

“Kai, hey ……..what’s wrong?”