It's Starting to Sink In

Dear Cupid, Next Time Hit Us Both~

"What are you doing here?" you asked, close to falling apart. 


You were not yet ready to face your best friend after what he had revealed to you. You decided to it up for the sake of the friendship between you two. "I thought that it would be better for us to start ... you know strategizing on how to get Chaeri to like me, nevertheless look at me," he took a sip of the drink, "mmmm, milk tea, my favorite." "Umm, yea sure," you sighed. Hyun Woo took hold of your hand and dragged you to the couches in the inner part of the mall; your other hand carried the other milk tea drink. 

"So, how shall we begin master?" Hyun Woo took another sip of his drink. "Uhm, w-what type of girl do you p-perceive her to b-be?" you stuttered, fighting the relentless urge to just hug him and cry in his arms and scream out how much you love him and yell at him for liking another girl. "Hmmm, sweet, thoughtful ... I don't know, shy and yeah," he chuckled. 

"By the looks of it, she makes you speechless," you bit your quivering lip. "Yeah, she's different you know. I see her walk out of class so confident. She doesn't seem to be those attention seeking girls, although she does attract many guys," you nodded at his response. "W-wait you stay outside of our class t-to see h-her?" you breathed. "Hey! I'm not a stalker. I just want to see her," he admitted.

"I can't do this," you whispered. Hurriedly, you stood up and walked away. Unfortunately, Hyun Woo ran to catch up with you and  grabbed you by the shoulders, pulling you into a hug. "Is something wrong bestie?" he said, his embrace making you break out in tears. Instinct caused you to turn around and bury your face into his chest. 

"I'm sorry that I didn't realize sooner that you weren't okay," he said. 


After awhile, you pulled away from his arms and dried your eyes. "I'm fine. It's just stress from school, especially since it's nearing the end of the year," you avoided eye contact. "I understand bestie. Just know that you always have me," he linked your arms with his and the two of you walked out of the mall. 

"My drink!" you cried and ran into the mall once again and ran to the couches and table where you placed your drink. There you found a little boy sipping from your drink. You watched his mother shrieked and said, "No, Jun Soo! You're going to get sick! You don't know whose that is!?" 

Calmly, you walked up to her and stated, "That was actually my drink, ma'am. I bought it not too long ago and I didn't drink from it. I just left it there due to my forgetfullness." "Ohh? Kurre? That's a relief," she patted her chest as a sign of alleviation. "Well, I'm off. Enjoy the drink Jun Soo," you patted the boy and jogged off to where you left Hyun Woo, the innocent face of the little boy flashed through your mind. His face just made your day a lot better.

"Where's your drink?" Hyun Woo gestured towards your empty hands. "A little boy got a hold of it," you giggled. "Oh really? And the almighty Ji Eun didn't get mad at him for taking her drink?" he teased. "No! Ofcourse not. I wouldn't want a lady yelling at my child for stealing her drink ..." you trailed off after thinking of having a child. 

"Well, let's get you home. Ahjussi called me and said that you weren't answering your phone," Hyun Woo replied. "Is he okay?!" you asked, concerned. "He's fine, just wondering where you were," he said. "Good," you smiled.

"BOO!" Min Jae popped up in front of you and Hyun Woo from behind a wall. Immediately, you started crying. "Awwww, I'm sorry!" Min Jae hugged you, rubbing your back in effort to fix the mess that he created. "Y-y-you knowwwwww I h-hate whennn p-peop-ple dooooo thattttttt!" you sobbed. 

With the help of Hyun Woo, Min Jae was able to piggyback you. The three walked to your house. Your crying stopped and you eventually had to get off Min Jae's back to unlock and open the front door. You were halfway into your house when you turned around and noticed that the boys were still innocently waiting at the door. "You can come in," you ushered them in. 

"Stay here while I check on dad," you said. "Nope, we're coming with you!" they chimed. "Appaaa~" you walked into your father's room. "Ahjussiii~" the boys followed behind you. "Ohh! Min Jae! Hyun Woo! Annyeong!" your father sat up in his bed and bowed. The boys bowed in sync. "Well, I'm sure that Ji Eun is willing to make you two lunch before you go anywhere. Forgive me, but I need my rest," Ji Eun's father sighed. "No problem ahjussi," the boys saluted before leaving the room. You could gave your father his medicine and then tucked him in. 


"Alright! I'm just going to bake cupcakes for lunch," you giggled and went to get the ingredients, "want to help?" 

The boys helped you choose out the icings and helped organize the ingredients. Surprisingly, everything turned out 'okay' without the house being burned down. "YAY! Food!" the three of you cried, clearly showing the close binded friendship. "Let's call Min Hee over to help us eat," you reached towards your phone. "NYUUUUU! She's going to eat it all!" screamed Min Jae. You and Hyun Woo gave him a smack on the head. 

"YAH! Shaddup! You're going to wake up ahjussi!" Hyun Woo facepalmed. "Okay, okay. Sheesh, that's going to leave a bruise," Min Jae whined. You called Min Hee over and she arrived about 10 minutes after. The four of you took pictures of the cupcakes for instagram before gobbling them up. 

Cupcakes:

"Oh yea, I need to tell you guys about something," Hyun Woo started, frosting all over his lips. "Bestie already knows, but I want to tell you all since we're together. I like Chaeri in Ji Eun's class," he smiled as it there wasn't anything wrong with that. Min Jae and Min Hee simultaneously looked towards your direction. 

Breathe, Ji Eun. Breathe. You tried calming yourself. Min Hee saw how close you were to turning into an emotional wreck and  so she grabbed one of your hands and held it tight. "Thanks," you whispered as relief washed over you. "He wants me to help him get the girl and so we need cute ideas from you two as well on how to get this girl," you said, happy that you were able to say it without stuttering or crying or dying. 

"L-let's start with once a month presents!" Min Jae suggested. "How about a rose every monday for a month?" you said, faking your enthusiasm. "Mmm, I'll think she'll like that!" Hyun Woo said excitedly. And so the conversation went on into the afternoon until everyone said their goodbyes and Min Jae, Min Hee, and Hyun Woo left.

Before you went to sleep, you prayed to God asking him to give you the strength to get through this obstacle and help Hyun Woo win Chaeri over without your heart cracking and falling into a gazillion bajillion pieces. Then, you texted Hyun Woo your goodnight text that the two of you always send during the weekends. You knocked out and a few minutes later your phone vibrated signalling a new message.

It read, "Good night bestie! Thanks for being the greatest friend anyone could ask for! \O/ -The Bestie"


Enjoy another update! Sad that she's being friendzoned LOL Thanks to all subscribers!

SUBSCRIBE & UPVOTE & COMMENT

Filipino_Korean_Love