Chapter 29

Fadeless Memory

It has been a second day Jong Kook goes to office after his medical leave. Like yesterday, both him and Ji Hyo; his girlfriend go to office together sharing his car. Both of them just silently inside the car, only the sound of the DJ babbling and joking doing their routine in cheer up the morning accompany them but it’s never success to joy the flustered heart of one man here. Still he remembers his dull day yesterday due to his job, even though his girlfriend had told him before but hearing the news from the Chief makes him down. Moreover, he can’t remember well her words regarding the news or when did she had told him. As a matter it shatters his ego once his job had been taken by others due to his condition. It’s not that he never feels thankful to them who care his condition but at least they should asks him first before make the decision, for him he still responsible for the case.

“What? You had sent the spy inside the 3 clans. I think Kaonashi will not focus to them again” his rebuke words yesterday at their weekly meeting that never received an attention by his subordinate. For them this cases somewhat related with the case of 19 years before which also involved his adopted father which shock him in hearing the news although it’s just a rumor. His adopted father’s death still a mystery but to think the link of the murder with Kaonashi’s crime is beyond his imagination since fairly he has a clue of his adopted parent’s tragedy. It’s done by the same man – a scar man who had kills the father and kidnapped the mother… and that what had been told by his adopted brother. Since the murder cases already stop due to the lack of evidence and witness he never said a word about it. Furthermore he had made a vow to his adopted brother to keep it a secret in their run after the tragedy as afraid the scar man will chase them before both of them separated. Yes, at first he also had the same assumption of Kaonashi murder with 19 years old case after found the fact but he never utter the theory as for him criminal wouldn’t be too foolish to focus his crime to the same subject for a third time especially the brilliant criminal like Kaonashi.

Perceive the silent in the man, a big question mark hanging in her head. She wants to ask him since yesterday but his serious expression evades her. She knows something is not right although he try hard to hides it by treats her as usual as he can be… it’s relieve her a bit as in thought it’s not because of herself but still she feels curious.

“Jagiya, are you okay?”

“Hurm… yes. Why love?”

“Nope, I just curious you looks too serious and being so silent. It’s feels like I’m alone here”

“Haha… I just want to focus on my driving” he lied.

“Really Oppa? Oppa, if there anything happens you can share with me. You look strange since yesterday” she asks again disbelief in him and knows the man is lying.

Hesitate at first then he replies “It’s about the case… Kaonashi case, I don’t think their theory is right. For me its sound odd when the criminal will focus to the same group for thrice”

“Why you are so sure Oppa? Not that I accuse your theory but who knows might be they are right. It’s better to prevent than cure”

“No Ji Hyo-yah, no. My instinct say no…. never mind I will try to talks to them again today”

“Better don’t Oppa, I don’t think they will hear it” she say try to persuade him while remember the sudden talks she had encounter with S.I Park last week… the tragedy that she didn’t told him yet.

“Why so sure?”

“Emmm… just my instinct” she reply didn’t wants to bring the matter as she afraid it might give a total shock and pressure to him. For this time, she will hold the secret.

 

*****

 

 A loud bang suddenly arises at the office giving shock to the entire floor. By the sound they know it’s come from the Detective’s room but it make them in wonder since it rarely to see the muscular man snap. Some of the colleague who is wondering already gossiping this and there make their own stipulation; even some who is harsh big mouthed it’s all related to his sickness. Feeling wonder what might happen to her boyfriend rashly Inspector Sung Im run to his room. Without asking the permission she just enters the room since his condition is all in her concern now. Locks the room for their privacy, she walks to the muscular man at his stands looking outside the building and embrace him from behind.

“Jagiya, what had happen?”

“I should just hear what you said before Ji Hyo-yah. I don’t know it would come this bad” in his long sigh he said while try hard to hold the emotions that jumble up in him. He didn’t know what really his feelings now – it is sad, shock, frustrated or angry. He just don’t know which make he shake his head in denial while recalls the incident that happen before. But despite of his emotion he more didn’t know how to react to disperses all his feelings – should he scolds, should he make fuss or should he just cry?... he confuse and he really don’t know. “Ji Hyo-yah, Love what should I do now?” 

Guilt comes across here when she can predict what might happen to the man as what she had encounters before. If she know how she wish she should just told him before… but it’s already late now, there no ‘if’ word that can replace what had been happen. It’s already happen and she must accept the fact but seeing his broken pains her too. But she know she must be strong to give him support, he must accept the fact even it’s painful. However looking to his condition additional with her own guilt pieces her, so without she wants the tear flow from her eyes. “Oppa, mianhe”

Can sense the wet from his back and hear the sob from his girl, slowly Jong Kook move his position facing her. In his curious he wants to ask her but the girl keep continue her sob and word that stop him and make him more in question regarding her words. “Ji Hyo-yah, why with you?”

“Jagiya, Oppa mianhe. If I know I should told you before”

“What you mean…? Emm… is that you already know about this…also…also…his feelings to you?”

“What?!”

 

***Flashback***

Knock…knock…

A small knock can be heard in one room and after got his permission Jong Kook entered the room where he can saw the owner of the room was busy doing his work.

“Oh my look who is coming to my room today. Take a sit Detective. Anyway what can I help you?”

“It’s regarding Kaonashi’s case. I think you should think back about your idea in placing the spies inside the clan. I afraid it might danger their life if the thug knows despite I thinks it’s not a right way”

“Hahaha…. Worried about them? Thinks my idea not right? Or are you jealous since I already take over your job… feels hurt maybe huh Detective? Just admit that you want to take back the case!” the Senior Inspector said leaved Jong Kook into the gasp surprise with the words; he is much more different with what he had known.

“We…we can cooperate together in handle the case right like we always done before? We always discuss regarding the case”

“Haha…yeah, like I want too since all around almost all the cases solved by you… although it is mine. You make me like nothing here… and how I wish you never ever come in my life!”

“S.I Park-shi, what are you talking about?!”

“It’s the truth! Since you come here all attention goes to you… make me wanna puke, make me hates you more and more. When I heard your being shot how I wish you just die! You had steals all in me – my job, my reputation even the one that I love!”

“Are you in love with Ji… Inspector Sung Im?” the Detective asked almost spill her real name.

“Yah… I love her but she so stupid to choose you even with your condition now”

 “Don’t call her stupid!”

“Hahaha… both of you really suit together. Stupid woman with the stupid man!”

“Park Ho-jin Hyung!!!” he snapped and balled his knuckle tried hard to hold his temper and rash exited the room to avoid anything bad happen.

**End of flashback**

 

“Love sorry with my condition make you always worried for me. If…if… one day you wanna leave me or found someone else I won’t complain Ji Hyo-yah because you deserve someone better than me” suddenly he blur out being affected by the current tragedy. Even though the words from the Senior Inspector pain him but he thinks what he say is true. He realize who he is now, he is different from before, his condition always make her worried. Although he getting better but he didn’t know when he will completely heal and he didn’t want to give burden to her anymore. He does love her and he can’t lose her but he didn’t want to be selfish… for him her happiness is also his.

 “Oppa… what are you talking about. There no one can replace you in my heart. Jagiya, trust me and please be strong” the girl said while holds to both his cheeks make an eye contact with her man. She wants him to see deep inside her eyes that only him that she loves and no one can replace him. Nobody is perfect in this world even so her but he already perfect in her eyes.  He also the one that had complete the lack of her and she can’t imagine to live without him.

“I know Love, but we can’t predict what be in the future”

“Oppa…Love believe me each day my love for you getting stronger and stronger. In my future I already see to be beside you as your wife, as a mother to your children” she keeps talking to raise his confident in her love, in their love. She place her arm around his neck and give a slightly kiss on his lip. “Believe me Jagiya. I love you”

“I Love you too my beauty…my angle…my life. Saranghae Ji Hyo-yah” the man said while wrap her waist. The cuddle of him to her becomes tight as their face getting near and with the closed eyes their lip meet each other having their intimate and passionate time together. They have secured each heart with their own love and no one can come to disturb it… that what they thought but…

We can’t predict what be in the future… and they didn’t know something might happen that can turn their life to 180 degree.

 

******

 

Since the argument of him and S.I Park, the Detective didn’t focus on the case anymore although he still feels uneasy with their decision. But he didn’t want to argue more so he just perceives it silently and help when it needed. Both he and Ji Hyo also never utter of the accident neither thinking the words from S.I Park. Bygone just be bygone. They just let the time flies until one Thursday morning when Jong Kook received a call.

“Inspector I just received a call from Seoul Metropolitan there one murder case happen today. Let’s go” the Detective voice appear suddenly at her work desk shock her whilst she busy doing her routine. Being a professional in their job place they keep their relations as a colleague except in their private time although their relationship is not a secret anymore.

Once they arrive, the place already gets pack with public trying to leave their curiousness over the sudden tragedy happen. Near the place also they can see one tall man crying and keep screaming calling his mother and make Ji Hyo fidget in seeing the man. “Omo what had happen?” Knowing the man in question she want to runs to him but her works budge her so in the tremble heart she hears the report from the police officer.

“Victim had been died here with the stab at her stomach. According to her son victim always use this road alone to go to the market nearest. We suspect it a snatch at first but nothing missing in her belonging but once we search her body we found this note”

“Another victim of Kaonashi?” both of them said whilst reading the note.

 

                                                                           The revenge already begun

                                                                                                                         Kaonashi

 

“Who is the victim?” the Detective asks unnoticed the changes in his girl’s face as she can predict the woman that is breathless on the ground.

“She is Choy Nam Seon, age 65” the Officer reply brings stun to the couple.

“Omma”

“Ahjumma” 

 

 

 

p/s : sorry for my late update... busy with my own schedule.

Don't forget to vote for SpartAce here http://mwave.interest.me/star/poll/vote.m?poll_seq=207

it's D-Day today... it's your last chance to give your support to them.. use as much social network that you have :)