Part 1

Aegi

Jinki wakes up to a dream he vaguely remembers. Only flashes of their third attempt in pre-recording, a scene where he was excusing himself from the PD ahjussis―the reason, he really can’t remember―down to the image of signing an autograph for a fan. Jinki doesn’t dare going through all the details of his dream as he deems it ordinary, unlike his previous dreams about a large crab.

 

Jinki whimpers as he tried to stir in bed but he feels bound onto something, he feels wrapped up like a chicken burrito and wonders why he can’t move his body. But then the thought of the aforementioned food came to him and all he ever feels right now is that he’s hungry. Cereal and milk sounds good for breakfast, he can imagine it so clearly in his head and he might just drift off for another round of sleep at the thought of dreaming about food.

 

Yes, cereal and milk.

 

Cereal.

 

Milk.

 

Jinki hums as he pokes his tongue out to wet his dried lips in hunger and thirst.

 

“Oppa,” He feels someone poking his left cheek.

 

“Oppa, wake up,” Jinki squeezes his still closed eyes at the unfamiliar sound of a girl. Naeun? He thinks. Perhaps they’re recording an episode of WGM in their dorm today.

 

“Oppaaa,” He feels both of his cheeks getting squished and he whimpers at the disturbance of his sleep. Jinki pries open his eyes, blinking up at the blurry image of a person hovering above him, looking bigger than he is, dwarfing him even.

 

What? He tries to speak out his confusion but nothing came of his mouth but a soft tinee-winee whine.

 

“Oppa! You’re awake!” The girl cries out in glee. She wasn’t Naeun, or someone Jinki knew of. She was smiling down at him, wearing a denim jacket that looks exactly like his. Her hair was long and wavy in a scary way, her bangs and tresses were blocking most of her face, and the only thing Jinki could decipher as he squints his eyes was her smile and the giggle that came out of her lips.

 

It was a terrifying giggle.

 

“Oppa, I’m sending you off to Jonghyun oppa right now.” She said and Jinki feels as if he was being lifted closer to her face. The girl coos, poking his cheek again with her large finger and Jinki audibly wails.

 

What?

 

He stops wailing, feels himself sob and sniff up instead. He looks up at the girl with his wet eyes, suddenly feeling defenseless and susceptible to everything around him as he observes how big she is compared to him. He must still be dreaming, he thinks. But when the girl pinches his cheek and squeals out a “cute,” Jinki feels like crying again. That hurt, and he cries because he realizes he’s not dreaming.

 

“Aww, Jinki oppa, everything will be okay,” Jinki feels like being cradled to sleep. He looks down at himself, he was definitely wrapped with something… a comfortable and fuzzy blanket, and huge long arms. And he tries to get away, tries to escape this weird world where everyone is bigger than him, but Jinki can’t move. He can’t even scream for his dear life. Panic sets to him at its best when he tries to wipe off his tears but all he sees as he brings his hand up were little, stubby, baby fingers curled up into his small palm.

 

“Oppa, don’t cry too much,” The girl whispers, shushes his mouth with her large palm. She looks agitated, like she’s afraid she’d get caught anytime soon. Jinki blinks away the tears from his eyes as he looks at familiar surroundings.

 

What happened to me? Jinki wanted to say, but the only thing that came out from his mouth was, “Wha… Mmeee…” before he hiccups and sobs again.

 

“Baby,” The girl coos. “I’m going to leave you now, okay? I’m sorry for doing this to you,” she smiles sympathetically before bringing him down and lying him on the floor, tightly wrapping layers of blanket around him to warm little Jinki.

 

“But remember, oppa, the only way to go back to normal is a kiss.” The fan snickers; perhaps she’s imagining the thought. “I know that’s a little cliché, but hey, I’m a teenage girl who loves clichés.” A pubescent witch, Jinki says in his mind.

 

“The kiss should not be initiated by you, okay? Because it doesn’t work that way. I’m pretty sure Jonghyun oppa can help you with that, since he claims himself as the King of Skinship, otherwise, you will get stuck in your baby form,” She nods and Jinki can’t tell if he’s picked that up right because there are so many voices in his head right now―consecutively screaming confused, confused, confused, and hungry.

 

“See? Breaking the spell is not completely hard; I bet everyone would love to kiss you. Look how cute you are,” She pinches his cheeks for emphasis. She gets up and Jinki feels tinier than before, he feels so vulnerable that he couldn’t even stop sobbing for ’s sake.

 

The girl pushes the doorbell 5 times until she hears the sound of footsteps as she leaned her ear to the door. She smiles down at him and takes a picture of Jinki before she left. And exactly 3 seconds after the departure of that girl― who is crazier than a sasaeng fan― the door opens and out came the image of the person who is none other than Kim Jonghyun. Jinki felt so happy and relieved, he cries.

 

*unbeta'ed