Chapter 1- Give Me Some Time

Take Me Away

                Today was the day. The day everyone had to say goodbye to Alexander and Kibum. No one wanted them to go but they couldn’t stop them.  Everyone was close to or already in tears.

“Well. We’ll be off now.” Kibum spoke up and looked at everyone with a bright smile. When he looked at Kevin, Kevin let out a loud sob and launched himself into Kibum’s arms.

“I do-don’t want you t-to leave.” Kevin sobbed into Kibum’s chest and his voice shook when he spoke. Kibum felt a few tears roll down his own cheeks and Kevin’s hair. Kevin let go and instead went to hug Alexander.

“We’ll miss you so much.” Alexander rubbed Kevin’s back and spoke to everyone. He felt tears poking at his own eyes and pulled away from Kevin, giving a nod to Kibum. “We’ll keep in touch though, okay~?” Alexander smiled. Kibum smiled a little and let few tears slip before speaking up again.

“I promise, someday, we’ll be back~.” He smiled and put thumbs up before leaving and walking along side Alexander, down the city streets of Seoul. The rest of U-KISS stood there.  Soohyun cradled a crying Dongho. Eli and Kiseop walked over to Kevin and rubbed his back with their hands.

                Kevin wanted to run after them and go with them. But at the same time, he wanted to stop them and make them comeback.  Kevin didn’t know what to do so he just sobbed silently.

“Kevin, it’s going to be alright.”  Eli tried his best to comfort his sobbing friend. He took Kevin into his arms and rocked him back and forth. By now, everyone was crying. They can’t stop them from leaving. It wasn’t their decision. They didn’t know how to deal with this so they all just headed inside and went to do thing separately. Not a single smile was seen through out the U-KISS dorm for days.  There was no laughter, no joking around, and barely anyone talked to each other. They were all to busy trying to get over the fact that U-KISS would never be the same.

                After about a week or two, there were more conversations between the others and they started to feel better about this whole situation. Soohyun, naturally, was the first to gather all of his feelings together and get the band back on its feet. Eli and Kiseop started to talk again and Dongho slowly followed. Kevin was the only one left. He wouldn’t leave his room to do anything accept bathe and eat. Some one came in his room every now and then but to no avail, Kevin just wouldn’t budge. He just sat in his bed either on his laptop or on his phone. He would sometimes talk a little during dinner but that was it. It went on like that for a few weeks until some unexpected news came about.

                U-KISS was called in for a meeting with their manager. It was supposedly “extremely important and they needed to come right away.’’ They all gathered and sat down in front of their manager.

“I have some important news to share.” Everyone listened closely, curious as to what the news was. Their manager had a smile on his face as he shared the rest of the news. “We will be introducing two new members to the group very soon!” Kevin almost fell out of his chair. He couldn’t believe he had just heard.

“So we’re just going to replace Kibum and Alexander with two new people who most likely won’t even be as good as they were?” Kevin was angry and confused. He didn’t want two new people in the group right after Kibum and Alexander got kicked out.  Their manager ignored Kevin’s statement and continued to explain.

“As of tomorrow, U-KISS will have two new members entering the dorm. Their names are Hoon and Jaeseop. Please treat them like you would with any of the other members and help them out.” He stared right at Kevin as he said that last part. Kevin turned away. He got up and left the room, rushing to their dorm to seclude himself in his room. He didn’t want to believe that this was true.

“Hoon and Jaeseop.” He scoffed to himself and slammed his door shut. Kevin wrapped himself up in his blanket and curled up on his bed, thinking this whole thing over and over again.