the Proposal

the Proposal

I actually forgotten to post this up last night :S

Sorry.

 

but here it is! tada~

Go on and read.

Enjoy.


 

The Proposal

 

When Onew woke up that morning, the sun had barely risen, making the outside world a shade of blue. He stretched and turned away from the window. His expression relaxed when he saw your face next to him. Normally, he would either pinch your nose, kissed your cheek or tickled you until you were awake but today, he didn’t feel like disturbing your sleep. Today he felt like watching your peaceful sleeping face. He let out a sigh of content as his fingers caressed your face.

The dinner proposal was tonight and he was still thinking about how he should go about his plan. He let out a soft chuckled when he recalled all the things that could’ve gone wrong tonight. Now he wished he could’ve gone with Jonghyun’s romantic beach walk idea instead of his lame candle dinner idea. Even if he wanted to change tonight’s plan, Jonghyun wouldn’t be able to help Onew with the preparation.

Onew believed his candle dinner idea would work out just fine.

 You stirred in your sleep and Onew pulled his hand away from your face. When you sighed back into your sleep, Onew brushed a hair behind your ears and continued to gaze at you. He knew you would appreciate whatever way he was going to propose to you but he couldn’t help but wanted it to be perfect. Perfect for you, his beloved.

He even once thought about asking you on how he should do it (because often, when things went wrong, you would be able to fix it) but that would be far from the element of surprise. He sighed dejectedly. He really wanted this proposal to go his way.

As if on cue, you stirred again but this time, you opened one eye and were taken aback when you see Onew staring at you. “Morning,” he gently said while giving you a morning kiss. You mumbled ‘morning’ back, turned your back to him and buried your face in the pillow to continue sleeping. Onew laughed at your action and pulled you into a back hug. You loved the way his arms slipped around your body, pulled you towards him and felt his sturdy chest on your back. You continued to shut your eyes even though you felt so wide awake now.

“Shall I make breakfast today?” he asked. His hand pulled the sleeve of your tshirt down so that your bare shoulder was shown. He showered it with butterfly kisses right up to your neck. You were smiling now. It was one of his routine in the morning; showered you with kisses.

“what will you be making?” you said, pulling collar up so your shoulder was covered again, and turned around so you were facing Onew.

“How’s chicken sandwich sounds like?”

“Delicious,” you purred. You leaned in closer and kissed him gently. “Morning, Jinki” you said, and continued to kiss him.

When you both pulled away from that passionate kiss, Onew had made up his mind. He was going to ask you to marry him right there on the bed, where you just woke up from and shared your morning kiss.

Onew pushed the duvet away and jumped out of bed. You sat up straighter and looked puzzle. “What is it?” you asked when you saw him searched frantically around the room.

“Where’s my pant from last night?”

“In the laundry, I guess,” and even before you finish your sentence, Onew dashed off out of the room and came back with a smile plastered on his face.

“What is it? Why are you smiling like that?”

Onew climbed the bed cautiously and sat in front of you. You giggled at his silliness and rolled your eyes. then you noticed he was holding on to something. And gasped.

It was a royal blue, velvet, ring box.

You looked up at him and his smile had turned soft and loving.

“I was going to ask you to marry me at dinner tonight but I think I’ll just do it here, where I feel the moment is so right. I’ve been wanting this to be perfect. Perfect for you. Hence the candle light dinner and what not. But when I woke up this morning, watching you as you sleep next to me, I just felt like, I could have anything in this world but nothing could’ve have satisfied me more than having you there by my side. And then you open your eyes, kissing you good morning and hearing you call my name like that, I just, I don’t need candle light dinner to propose to you. Because what we just shared is special and no candle light dinner could match,” You had one hand clasped over your mouth while the other on your chest holding on to your breath as you listened to every word he said.

“What I’m saying is, I’m not really a husband material; I’m clumsy, things hardly go my way no matter how hard I try, and I depend too much on you to make things right. But it would mean so much to me if you could just pretend that I am a husband material, your husband material, just to humor me,” He nervously laughed and you let out a giggle at his attempt to make things light (or awkward as other would called it) at such serious moment.

“You’re so lame,” You choked out. You didn’t even realized that you were crying until then.

Onew wiped the tears away as you tried to compose yourselves. You had imagined all the romantic scenarios in the world but never could you have imagined something like this. It wasn’t as romantic as Titanic perhaps but this moment that was laid in front of you, was so much better than that. It’s perfect you wanted to say but was too busy crying to even choked it out.

“So, Kim Miyoung, will you marry me? For all that I am?” Onew asked as he slowly opened the ring box and pushed it towards you. Onew wasn’t on one of his knee. He sat cross-leg in front of you still his pjs and your face must be a mess; still covered in sleep and now smeared with tears. But why did this feel so perfect.

“yes! I’ll marry you, Lee Jinki. I’ll marry you!” You said excitedly as you wrapped your arms around him, feeling to overwhelm to say anything else.

Onew let out a sigh of relief hugged you back. He kissed the side of your head thanking you for making him the happiest man on earth.

Onew gently pulled himself away and pulled the ring out from its hinge and that was when you looked at the ring properly. You let out a gasp and started to cry again. It was that ring you’ve adored for the past few months; a simple platinum band, a single amethyst colored diamond as the crown and 3 tiny dots of white diamond on either side of the big crown.

“Where did you get that?” You were finally able to ask.

The jewelry dealer said that they only made one in the whole wide world.

“I saw your face that day and how you couldn’t take your eyes away from it so I made a special request for them to make another one for me. For you,” Onew explained, shrugging his shoulder as if it was a normal thing to do.

Now you felt guilt, it must’ve cost a fortune.

Seeing your face, Onew knew what you were thinking. He pulled you chin up until you looked at him in the eye.

“I’ll do anything for you. Anything at all,” he said and slipped the ring on your wedding finger. “For now until forever”.

“Forever is such a long time,” You said as you intertwined your fingers together.

“Yes, but we can also go one step at a time. Whichever way you’re comfortable with. I’m game,” his other hand had s behind your neck, pulling your face closer to his.

“One step at a time sounds good to me,” you whispered.

“To me too,” his breath brushed your face and you pecked his lips.

“Ok,” you said as Onew smiled.

“Ok,” he said and deepened the kiss.

 


since it's a one-shot, I'd love at least a comment from you all lovely readers. hehe Constructive critisism comments are welcome too. :D