one

Mere Fleeting Moments

 

The 9 o'clock morning air blows gently, caressing Kyungsoo's face as he stands on the platform, waiting for the subway train to take him out south. 

Kyungsoo yawns and brings his flask of freshly brewed pike's place coffee to his lips, savouring the warm liquid while he observes the people standing around him. 

His eyes roam the span of the platform, making harsh judgements of every individual, Kyungsoo made sure not one person got away without a negative comment made about them. 

Black polka-dotted skirt with white striped socks and a floral shirt comes into his view and he inwardly shudders, ew even I know not to dress like that, he thinks, a mocking smile slowly gracing itself on his lips. 

He's still snickering in his head when the skirt is blocked from his line of view; black skinny jeans, doc' marten boots replaces the ugly black polka-dotted pencil skirt. 

Kyungsoo brings his head up to see the face of the owner of the pair jeans and he hears himself gasp. 

Jet black hair, slightly tanned skin, Kyungsoo can't take his eyes off the boy; the way he runs his fingers through his tousled hair, the way his foot taps to the tempo of his music; Kyungsoo can't find a single negative comment to make about him. 

The sunlight that filters in through the cracks of the stations window blinds capture the beauty of his features; sharp jawline, heavy lidded eyes, Kyungsoo finds himself in awe.

He doesn't stop staring, not even when the other male catches him staring. Their gazes lock and Kyungsoo feels a wave of emotions run down his spine, he's lost at see and he doesn't want to find his way back to shore. 

Kyungsoo feels the set of soulful eyes boring into the depths of his soul. Time seems to stop and suddenly the noises around him seem to drain out, nothing else seems to matter anymore; it's almost magical and Kyungsoo wants the moment to last, he wants to lose himself in those eyes. 

Take me, Kyungsoo's eyes scream. His heart takes off in a roller coaster of emotions, bursting into fireworks for its' finale; he thinks maybe he's still in the comfort of his own bed, happily snuggled under the sheets, mind far gone into dream land; he pinches himself to shake that thought away. 

One, two, three.. Kyungsoo doesn't know how many seconds pass between them, but Kyungsoo does know when the boys' lips quirk upwards in a small smirk that he's certain is directed at him. 

He sees the boy mouth something, "hi", Kyungsoo manages to read after he stares intently at the boys' plump lips. 

Kyungsoo's lips pull upwards in a shy grin, his cheeks flushing red before he opens his mouth to respond, only to be cut off by the sound of the approaching train before he even manages to start. 

No, Kyungsoo thinks when the train departs from the station and Jongin's no where to be seen on the opposite platform. 

Kyungsoo's heart sinks as he latches onto the thought of what could have been. He boards his train with a heavy heart, chuckling bitterly as he takes off in the opposite direction, leaving his heart behind.