☾ III

A touch of fear.

Kyungsoo swallowed hard , so hard. Eyes looking into different directions, taking in fast breaths. Kyungsoo was pretty sure that he felt the presence of someone else there , he felt eyes watching him , "Who are you ?" He repeated, looking lost. He was pretty sure there was someone else there besides him in that moment. Kyungsoo was pretty sure that the only person in that house , wasn't him , there was definitely ; someone else. He calmed himself down , took a sip of the glass filled with water , whipped the corner of his lip with his thumb and cleaned the mess that he just made. 

He walked out of the kitchen and took place on the sofa turning the T.V on , not caring which channel was playing on it , probably the one that he was watching with Chanyeol and Baekhyun last night , since it was the last time he watched T.V. His eyes were fixed on the movie , but his brain was far away from being on planet earth in that moment. Kyungsoo was in deep thoughts , I'm I going crazy? was the most disturbing question that Kyungsoo had in mind. He blinked his eyes twice , lips parted apart , he sighed "If I'd go insane any soon , it must've be because of Baekhyun" Kyungsoo frowned wondering if Baekhyun's ghosts stories effected him. 

The sound of his phone ringing was the only thing that made Kyungsoo come back to his sense. 

 


 

"The faster his death date is coming , the stronger he will feel your presence Jongin" His grandma nodded. "He may be able to even see you ..soon"She added. "He won't be that happy to see me" Jongin pursed his lips laying down on the bed. "You might give the boy a heart attack if he'd see you popping out of a wall anytime young boy !" His grandma warned "I don't want to be the reason of his death" Jongin said , flipping over to the other side , his bangs falling softly to the same direction ,  he's cute , Jongin thought smiling to himself thinking of Kyungsoo's face expressions when he felt his presence around. "Then you better stay away if you don't want to kill him" His grandma advised him and Jongin didn't seem to be so pleased with his grandma's answer judging the annoyed look on his face. 

Jongin wanted to be around him more. Jongin didn't know why but he enjoyed being around Kyungsoo. For the past two days , Jongin was feeling happy , so happy. He didn't feel that way since years , he didn't even know why. But the only thing that Jongin knew , is that , he can't wait to really meet the boy , and to really meet Kyungsoo , Kyungsoo have to die soon , and by meeting him , Jongin  was looking forward meeting Kyungsoo in his world : the other world, where Jongin and his grandma are stuck , not the real world. 

In other words Jongin was wishing for Kyungsoo's death. 

 


 

In the evening , it was raining , so hard. It's like the clouds were pouring their hearts out after having a really bad day. Jongin felt really bored. His grandma didn't let him out. He was locked in that room , because his presence around Kyungsoo is getting a little bit more dangerous , and Jongin wished that he didn't tell his grandma that Kyungsoo almost saw him today. He sighed looking out the window , wondering what is Kyungsoo doing in that moment. He closed his eyes gently trying to use his supernatural senses and see if he can hear Kyungsoo making any noise , but he heard nothing : it was too quiet. 

"He's not here !" Jongin said opening his eyes slowly. His grandma sighed wondering why is Jongin seems to be so interested in Kyungsoo , he used to play some evil pranks on whoever Suho rent the home for and quick them out. But he did nothing this time , at least until now. 

Few hours later , Jongin walked down the stairs whistling , it was dark , all of the lights were turned off , it's not like it bothered Jongin. After all he's used to the darkness. He was made of it , he doesn't need light in his life anymore , he doesn't need food , he doesn't need to sleep , he doesn't even have a life anymore , so why would he be bothered. When his leg reached the last step and stood on the floor he froze in place when the lights of the living room suddenly . He blinked and realized that Kyungsoo was back home. He raised his eye brow watching the small boy walking out of his shoes , water drifting down of his hair and his clothes were all wet. "Do you even know what an umbrella is ?" Jongin whispered to him self , thinking that Kyungsoo must've been having a really bad time walking under the rain. "Or don't you know how to flag down a cab ?" Jongin kept questioning it's like he would get an answer soon , but nothing. 

He just shook his head and sighed.

 


 

Kyungsoo pulled off all of his wet clothes and was now in his pajamas drying his hair with a towel while walking around the house. Jongin was actually following behind. "Do you know what time is it ?" He asked following Kyungsoo to the kitchen "It's past midnight ! Where have u been ?" He pursed his lips crossing his arms while Kyungsoo reached out to grab the instant ramen to cook them. Jongin saw Kyungsoo's phone on the lunch table lights up , it was on silent mode but he was receiving a phone call. And since Kyungsoo was busy cooking he didn't notice. Jongin approached the phone and bit the corner of his lips leaning down slowly to take a look on the screen "Dae ?" He asked titling his head to the side eyes not leaving the screen ,when Kyungsoo's hand suddenly grabbed the phone away of Jongin's face, Jongin's eyes kept looking at the empty table with a blank expression on his face until he heard Kyungsoo talk.

"Hey" Kyungsoo smiled 

most beautiful smile Jongin have ever seen.

Jongin closed his eyes and tried to hear the conversation using his supernatural sense again. 

"Are you home now ?" The person on the other line asked he sounded so cheerful.

Who wouldn't be happy while talking with such an angel.

"Yeah ! " Kyungsoo simply answered 

"I'm sorry for leaving you there alone ! I should've brought you home first" The person on the other line sounded a little bit upset now. 

"No it's fine really ! How's your sister now ? She must've been in a very bad situation since u left in a hurry" Kyungsoo asked. 

"The doctor said that she will be fine ! " 

"Glad to hear that" 

"Take care of yourself too ! you looked very distracted today"

Jongin rolled his eyes. "You take care of your sister man and don't worry about him"

"Yeah i will" Kyungsoo nodded 

"See you tomorrow then" 

Kyungsoo hang up seconds later , placed his phone back on the table and grabbed a fork instead to check on his ramen. "Who was that ?" Jongin asked almost glaring at the phone. "Was that your boyfriend ? ... Dae ? " Jongin his bottom lip."Is that his nickname ?" ... "He left you under the rain ?" Jongin kept asking. "How can you love someone who's so careless ?" Jongin continued with his endless questions while Kyungsoo set his bowl on the table and started eating. 

"you know ? .... it's freaking me out too , the fact that i don't know when you can feel my presence and when you can't. I guess you'll be able to see me soon and that won't be so much fun. I don't want to scare you , and I'm sorry about this morning" Jongin sighed while Kyungsoo was busy washing his bowl.

Because of the conversation that he heard , Jongin was pretty sure that Kyungsoo looked very distracted because of what happened between them this morning, Kyungsoo must've been thinking about it all the time.

Jongin felt really sorry.

"I'll be more careful" Jongin promised.


 

Jongin stretched his arms out and ruffled his own bangs watching the endless rain storm outside , while Kyungsoo was curled up like a ball in his own blankets on the coach watching a program. "Little droplets of water that come pouring down from the skies , almost always succeed in making people smile ...... that's what people think what rain means" Jongin said taking in a breath , while Kyungsoo was trying hard to make himself fall asleep. "In fact , its main symbolic meanings are , rebirth , sadness , cleansing or death"Jongin whispered the last part raising his head up to look at the dark sky , no stars were shining that night. "That's what i learned when i died." He said taking a glance at Kyungsoo , that's when he realized that the boy was actually trembling."Hey !" Jongin walked towards him carefully "What's wrong ?" Jongin looked very worried because Kyungsoo looked very horrible at that moment.

Jongin felt like hugging him so bad.

 


 

Kyungsoo was feeling so cold. He wrapped himself even tighter in his blankets but his body was freezing. That's how he felt when actually his forehead and neck were sweating. He felt dizzy , he felt like everything was spinning around , he wanted to get up and go to his room so he can lay down there and rest but he couldn't move. He felt so weak and his vision was getting blurred with every single second passing by. He saw someone's feet , someone who was standing right in front of him , he tried to lift his head up and see who it was , but he couldn't , his head felt so heavy , and he thought that he started to imagine things right now. He heard someone calling his name repeatedly before dozing off on the couch. "Soo ? open your eyes please." Jongin begged as he was kneeling down in front of the boy shaking him lightly. Jongin's hand was actually shaking it's self , he was afraid and worried, afraid because Kyungsoo must've been feeling his touches and worried because the boy wasn't feeling well at all and he looked like he was in pain. Kyungsoo was swallowing really hard , taking in heavy breaths. Jongin touched his forehead and gasped. Kyungsoo's forehead was burning , he looked so pale. "You're not dying tonight" Jongin said. 

Even thought Jongin knew that the boy is going to die soon , he refused thinking about it.

 


 

That night , Jongin didn't leave Kyungsoo's side. After helping him to lay down properly on the couch and placed his head gently on a pillow , Jongin spent hours soaking a small cotton towel in water while pressing it gently on Kyungsoo's forehead and neck. Around 3a.m Kyungsoo's high fever reduced down a bit and the boy was able to breath normally again. Jongin brushed Kyungsoo's hair to the side and sighed in relief , he watched Kyungsoo's chest going up and down slowly , his lips were parted taking in the amount of air that he needed. Jongin pulled the blankets up to his shoulders , making sure to keep him warm. He looked at his own hand after that not believing that he was able to touch Kyungsoo or even the items that he was using to cool down Kyungsoo's fever.Around that time it stopped raining , and Jongin thought that there must be a new born baby outside there , and that there must be someone who also died outside there. But Jongin felt relieved because it wasn't Kyungsoo. "You'll be alright" Jongin smiled holding Kyungsoo's small hand between his. It felt ; perfect.

Jongin's touches were gentle and soft , but for a normal person who doesn't believe in ghosts like Kyungsoo they were a touch of fear. 

 


 

It was an other day for Kyungsoo to wake up with many missed calls and unread messages on his phone. He missed an other day of work, and he was pretty sure that his boss won't be so pleased with this. He rubbed his eyes still feeling tired and he didn't feel like getting up. He sighed remembering how much he was in pain last night , then he looked around wondering about why he keeps feeling like someone is there watching him , like someone was there yesterday also to watch over him , and like there's someone who's always touching him whenever he sleeps. He wondered if he's gonna keep having the same dream for a long time. Or if it wasn't even a dream. 

But if it was really a dream : a side of Kyungsoo wanted to wake up. 

 


 

"You're up !"Jongin said , "I only left for 10 minutes and you're already up cooking pancakes ?" Jongin asked ... "You look a lot better today" He smiled while Kyungsoo flipped over the pancake "You know... if it wasn't for you careless boyfriend who left you under the rain like that yesterday you wouldn't be sick" Jongin puffed his cheeks leaning on the kitchen's door as usual. "Are you going to eat that by yourself ?' He pointed at the pancakes asking and as usual he got silence in response "Whatever ... i can't taste anyway." Jongin said. "I can only hear your voice when your friends visits or when your boyfriend calls .... " so sad ! ... i wish you'd answer me." Jongin sighed while Kyungsoo scrolled down in his phone chewing on his pancakes. "Say something." Jongin said. "Oh ! i found it" Kyungsoo said and smiled pressing on the play button of the song he just found on his playlist while Jongin's eyes grew bigger then he started blinking non stop " You just talked" Jongin pointed out "When i actually asked you to do that ?" He questioned himself. Can you hear me ? Jongin thought taking some few steps towards the table and leaned down slowly in front Kyungsoo when his elbow accidently hit the cup of water which made it fall down on the floor.

Kyungsoo raised his head quickly looking confused , he saw the cup moving really quick on the table before falling down , it's like someone blew some air strongly on it . Kyungsoo's heart beat raced , he was starting to feel even more weird right now. He refused to believe that he was imagining weird things happening with him the past days , but this time he was pretty sure of what he saw. He started thinking that maybe Baekhyun was right. That maybe there's something wrong with the house not him. Kyungsoo covered his face with both if his hands "Please tell me who you are" he said.

Jongin shut his eyes close at that moment. how am i suppose to tell you this he thought.

 


TBC~ 

A/N : i wonder , how are you going to tell him that too Jongin.