say no more ★ don't cry & laugh

you won't cry... tonight ★ KEVEUN

He sighed, looking up from his glass of coca to peek at the girl in front of him. He bit his lower lip, when he realised that yet again, she was crying.

 

    « I'm such a pabo... » she smiled bitterly trying to remove the tears.

 

Way too roughly.

He stood up and reached for her hands. Right then, she stopped and let him shed her tears with a tissue. As always, Kevin was gentle with her. She felt bad. He was so patient with her. Everytime, he was the one saving her.

 

     « You're not a pabo, Eunyoung-ah... »

 

He softly said, focused on removing every mark on her face. The eyeliner she wore was all gone now. Kevin was sure to be the only idole beside MBLAQ to have seen Eunyoung in every kind of face, especially the bare-faced ones. From the crying or the pouring rain or because she was just going out from training. All those times they called each other to have a break from a hard situation.

 

    « I am, Oppa. »

    « Why do you think so? » Kevin let go of her face and could finally look her in the eyes without feeling bad.

    « For going back to him again and again... »

    « Why do you keep doing this then? »

    « You do know... wouldn't you go back to her right now again? »

 

He looked away and stared at the scenery outside the café they were in. He sighed... he knew the answer. Very well. However, rather than answering, he looked around the place smiling.

 

    « It looks a bit like 'that' café we went back in the show, doesn't it? »

 

She looked carefully and gave a little smile. Indeed.

 

    « Yeah... »

    « It was a good break... do you remember the curse you cast? » they laughed.

    « Should I cast another one? »

    « Just try! Go on! »

 

Once again, after looking at each other, they chuckled at the idea.

 

                                            ★ ★ ★

 

Eunyoung waited in the bus with G.NA for the others to come back. For some reasons, she wasn't as sad as she thought she would be after N rejected her. She even joked with her unnie. The later suddenly gasped and stood up. Looked like some of the others were back. Surprisingly, she saw Jiwon. She wasn't holding onto anyone. Seemed like she didn't pick any boy. Right away, she thought Kevin would be sad. As sad as she was supposed to be. That's when she finally thought of N. She guessed she was still a bit aneasy about him to give the boy thoughts.

She went out of the bus and went right away to Kevin and patted his shoulder before joining G.NA.

 

Kevin smiled and tagged along, talking about the curse. Everyone asked about it and joyfully, the two of them explained it briefly. G.NA slily smiled.

 

    « At least you two got closed... » she teased and walked away.

 

N's eyes stared right away at Kevin and Eunyoung. Indeed... they looked to be closer. For some reasons, he felt unseasy about it and joined them to tease Eunyoung. He didn't let go of her even at the airport, even in the plane. Never letting Kevin the chance to talk to her again. And when he noticed how Eunyoung filmed and pretended to poke the sleeping Australian with her camera, he couldn't help but dig in so he'd catch the girl's attention back.

 

                                            ★ ★ ★

 

She sipped her hot chocolate while he checked his phone.

 

    « Something's wrong? » Eunyoung asked.

    « No, Junyoung was just wondering where I was at »

    « Oh you didn't tell them... Is it going to be okay? »

    « I went out right away when you called me, that's why » he explained. « And don't worry. I'm the eldest you know so... And they ask just because I usually cook for them and it's dinner time »

 

She smiled at this, amused. She didn't know that well ZE:A before meeting Kevin, except for Siwan, Kwanghee and Dongjun. But now, she grew to like the whole band. She loved it when Kevin would talk about them just like he'd mention someone of his family. They were really close and seemed to be good guys.

She remembered how Kwanghee had been surprisingly nice to her...

 

                                            ★ ★ ★

 

She just plainly hated how show scripters were playing with her. Invinting her at All The Kpop when N would be there... But she prepared really hard. She'd do great. And maybe N would pick her... No "maybe", he would. She was going to make him regret ever rejecting her! Actually, it'd be even better if she was the one rejecting him. The young girl was so sure of herself however, once again, she was misled by him. It was okay, she assured herself: she got to be paired with a nice Seyong. But N finally broke her down by chosing two times in a row another girl so clearly when she picked only him.

 

She was thankful for the break after the first part was done being shot. At that moment, the lovely girl were led by a brotherly Seungho far away from the set. They ended up going out of the building, enjoying the fresh air. A moment of silence passed before Seungho finally managed to ask her...

 

    « Why did you let him make you cry? » he sighed, worried a bit about his dongsaeng.

 

She was about to answer but a loud voice interrupted them.

 

    « WHO CRIED? » Hwang Kwanghee, national diva, popped behind them. Seungho almost flew at the sudden apparition.

    « Oh jeez, Kwanghee Hyung... » the leader of MBLAQ chuckled but bowed at the two boys...

 

The TWO boys, indeed. Beside cheerful Kwanghee was a calm Kevin, wearing a cap. He bowed at them and gave Eunyoung a bonus smile. Before anyone could say anything else, Kwanghee eyed suspiciously Eunyoung and spoke up.

 

    « Why did you cry? Who did this to you? Tell Umma everything... » the diva pushed her to tell everything while Kevin was trying to tame the Kwang-tornado.

    « It's nothing! Just a show... » the girl shyly explained.

    « Then you should tell me, I'm good at shows, you know... »

    « You're being nosy... » the Australian said but it didn't seem to reach Kwanghee.

 

Kevin sighed, not even able to handle the embarrassment he felt because of his fellow member. Kwanghee just hushed him with a hand gesture, still looking at Eunyoung. He wanted the answer and now.

 

    « We were shooting All The Kpop... and... » she struggled and eventually trailed off.

    « N-ssi again made her cry » Seungho cut her, patting her back twice.

 

All eyes fell on the only girl and she carefully avoided Kevin's. He cheered her up so well last time, she felt bad to be in the exact same position she was back then.

Kwanghee groaned.

 

    « That pabo doesn't own eyes! Don't cry for this... » he rolled his eyes as they all laughed at his antics. But he pushed Eunyoung's shoulder a bit. « Why do you laugh? You're a pabo too, just get your revenge already! Show him how to run a show! Yah, Seungho seunbaenim, help your dongsaeng. »

    « What? Maybe you've got an idea? » Seungho challenged.

    « Oh please don't ask him... » Kevin pleaded, sighing.

    « Sshhh. You're a pabo you too. You two are real fools but it's okay, Seungho sunbae and I will fix it for Eunyoung at least! »

 

While the two guys discussed, Eunyoung looked worriedly at Kevin. He shrugged his shoulders but told her it should be alright. By the end of it, they all exchanged numbers and parted ways. Seungho discussed with the director and told him about changing something in the script. Fortuntely, they were okay with it and Eunyoung got her revenge.

 

When the show rolled on TV, she received a three messages. One from Seungho who was enjoying it again. Another one from Kwanghee asking her not to say sorry next time and to mention his name, playfully. She laughed. And the last from Kevin: "After the powerful curse, the powerful hit. Please, let me remember not to get in your way, Eunyoung-ah! Haha. Everyone said you were daebak. You did good. Fighting for your comeback! Sleep well, Kevin.”

She laughed once again and replied to thank him and wish him good night.

 

                                             ★ ★ ★

 

    « What are you thinking about with that smile? » Kevin asked carefully.

    « Kwanghee Oppa... When I first met him » she smiled bigger at the memory.

    « Oh... I'm still sorry about it » he admitted. Two-X's younger rapper gave a small laugh.

    « I'm not. I'm glad he was nosy actually. We had fun thanks to this and I got your number too. How would I cry for your help without it? »

    « How would I deal with my own problems without it too... » he nodded in agreement.

 

She frowned at him. He shook his head but at that moment, she remembered Jiwon. Eunyoung didn't think Kevin was in love with her. Indeed he wasn't, he just admired Jiwon. But he was also innocent in the dating area and sensitive about it too. They {he and Eunyoung) were the real newbies on this dating show. And they both kind of experienced exposure of feelings, in a different way though...

 

    « You never really told me what you think of Jiwon-unnie... why was it her and so on... »

    « She was the most convenient » he said with a grim face. She nodded and finished her drink. However she wasn't that satisfied with his answer. « Serious face again? »

    « Hm? » she blinked.

    « You were finally smiling and laughing but just now... »

    « I must be tired, that's it... »

    « Let's go then, I'll drive you back to your dorm »

 

They stood up together, Kevin paid for them and they started to walk to the car. As if the weather was making fun of the pair, it started raining so they made a run for the car.

 

    « Eunyoung answer me honestly » Kevin asked once in the van.

    « What is it, Oppa » she nervously looked at him. She looked so cute he hesitated but went on anyway...

    « Did you curse me too? » he asked with a bright smile.

 

She punched his arm playfully and grabbed his cap off his head. He just laughed whole-heartedly at her temper and started the engine.

 

                                            ★ ★ ★

 

Since she met Kwanghee, Eunyoung kept in touch with Kevin and would even listen to Hot Beat once in a while - the radio show he was hosting. It helped her when she couldn't sleep or was feeling down, hearing Kevin's voice would cheer her up. The same voice that told her everything was alright or that she shouldn't doubt herself. She had found some comfort in it. But it wouldn't stop her from calling him. Actually, he'd call the most after Eunyoung sending him a text.

 

She smiled at the song playing and texted Kevin right after. She expected him to call but he didn't. He just gave her this short answer "Thanks Eunyoungie! You should go to sleep, you'll be tired for your date tomorrow. Fighting!" She pouted a bit. She wanted to talk to him and asked him for advices. But she remembered Kevin's words: be yourself and it will be fine, I'm no expert but that's the best thing to do, be honest.

Even though she tried to hold on these words, she didn't sleep. It wasn't even her first date anymore with N. Since the end of All The Kpop, he finally asked her out. The first date went to another one and that last one to him asking for one more. So yeah, third date and still she wasn't getting used to it.

 

She woke up late on the morning, ZE:A's Illusion mini-album still playing. She smiled as Step by Step was ringing in the shells of her ears. But she felt awful. After a hour struggling in her bed, she texted N that she wasn't feeling well. He texted back asking her to take care of herself. She sighed at this: who would if she wouldn't? Kevin would...

She sighed at this. Indeed, Kevin would. The answer was Kevin. Not N... Not any VIXX member. Even Kwanghee took better care of her than N... So why was she holding on him? Surin had been asking her that question quite a lot lately. As if she sensed the maknae was thinking of her, the girl barged in the room.

 

    « Don't you go out today? Wake up lazy ! » the older one laughed, jumping on the younger.

    « Unnie! I'm not going, feel sick... » Eunyoung mumbled.

    « Sick? I just think you got back to your senses... » Eunyoung rolled her eyes at this as she knew that overprotective Surin didn't really like N. « We all have plans. Are you going to be alright alone at home? »

 

Eunyoung nodded. Surin sent her to the kitchen and grabbed the younger's phone, texting Kevin "I'm sick... so staying home alone :(" . She dropped it back on the bed and sighed.

 

    « If it wasn't for me and Kwanghee sunbae, you would be nowhere, fools! » she said and went out, leaving Eunyoung with a ringing phone.

Kevin's ID.

 

They texted all day long (keke ZE:A's would see what I did just there), in between Kevin's schedules. A hour before airing Hot Beat, they got to talk and Kevin played Eunyoung a song she asked, as she called at the radio.

Seemed like many people were listening that night...

 

                                            ★ ★ ★

 

She put on the radio and EXO's Baby Don't Cry filled the van. Eunyoung started to sway to it as Kevin was singing along. He was so talented yet he was never showing off unless you ask him. Which was a waste. If he had just sung once at The Romantic & Idol... she sighed.

 

    « What? My singing was that bad? » he joked. She shook her head.

    « It was great... Just thought you were too modest about your skills. You should brag more » she said, jokingly.

 

He just smiled.

Overall, it was Kevin's problem, never spoking up. He knew he was too reserved...

 

    « You never told me what has happened for you and N arguing... » she looked up at this, surprised he'd ask.

    « I... he heard me that night at Hot Beat and texted me. Somehow we arranged another date the day after and he asked me about it. He got suspicious I guess... But the date carried on well. »

    « Why were you so hurt then? » Kevin's eyes were stuck on the road.

    « The next day he called and asked me if I wanted to be with him. I should have said yes... But it was so sudden. I couldn't say anything... that's when he told me it was okay and that he wasn't sure about all of this either, that he couldn't forget someone and that we should stop... Jiwon-unnie. I felt like a toy but I couldn't blame him... »

    « So that's why... » she looked at Kevin's nodding head.

    « Actually... I started crying when I couldn't reach you... You were always there when I was feeling down so I didn't know how I could manage it alone. It sent me back then you know... »

 

Kevin parked the van suddenly. The girl looked around and realized they still were two blocks away from her dorm. Then she thought about it: it'd be suspicious if she was going out of a van alone. She was about to unfast her seatbelt but the boy next to her called her name, which froze her.

 

    « You asked me why Jiwon, right? » he still looked in front of him. She nodded.

    « She was the most convenient... » she quoted his words. He nodded too.

    « She was... because it was too late to pick you. » her head snapped at his face « We were both so focused on our first encounter. It'd have been weird to suddenly pick you, that's what I thought... I wasn't sure and maybe N would do the right thing and was the right guy... So yeah, she was... the most convenient. You asked me earlier too if I would go back to Jiwon now... » he bit his lips, pausing a little. « I wouldn't even think about it. »

 

She had stared at him the whole time. Her heart was racing and sure enough, by the warm feeling she had on her cheeks she knew she was blushing.

She realised then that it was right there, all this time. And they were the last ones to know... She smiled.

 

    « We're just two fools, Kwanghee was right... » she chuckled.

 

Kevin turned his head, his hand freezing on the keys he was to turn. He waited before starting the engine.

 

    « If I knew you were thinking this way... maybe I'd have looked away from N a bit... It was reassuring to be with him because we knew each other from before. But it became much more comfier with you. I grew used to you being there so much that I didn't go to a date without your advices... It took me so much time to realise it that it was too late already... »

    « Too late? »

    « Yeah... I mean- » She turned her head to him but was immediately cut off by warm lips.

 

She was surprised, pleased but completely caught off guard. So much that when she meant to kiss back he stopped her, with a hurt face. She panicked at this sight.

    « It's not like this Kevin! I... I liked it, actually I like you, I was just surprised and... »

    « Eunyoungie... it's just the seatbelt... the seatbelt hurts... » he grimaced pointing her hands.

    « Oh... sorry... » she just noticed she had hold onto his collar.

 

He breathed in as she let go and he sat back on his seat. He grimaced, massaging his chest now the seatbelt wasn't restraining him no more. But after some seconds, he chuckled. She eyed him worriedly, her hands on his shoulder.

 

    « You really did curse me after all... » Eunyoung narrowed her eyes after a moment, realising.

    « YAH! » she punched him again immediately increasing his laughter.

    « Ouch! ...... Took you long enough though... »

    « Look who's speaking! » she fought back with a smile only him could bring to her lips after such an eventful day.

    « Just going at your pace, miss »

 

That last sentence he said earned the Aussie another punch from the girl which didn't stop him from mocking her. And even though she kept slapping his shoulder, her laughter soon joined his.

She didn't know what to expect from this. She didn't know how to label themselves yet. She just knew she would listen to Hot Beat tonight again, text him and call him again. She knew she could just go to him and never stress around too much, because she couldn't be anyone around him but herself.

 

Tonight... she wasn't gonna cry.

 

« Don’t cry, give me chilling laughter instead of hot tears Baby »