Final

Ideal

Listen:

Baek Ah Yeon ft. Baro - I Love It

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up this morning, Hoseok was no longer by my side, and had probably already left the apartment to go have dance practice with the other members. I was rather used to this routine, so I didn’t think much of it. Dragging myself out of bed, I walked to the bathroom to wash up and then I headed out towards the living room. If it were one of his days off, he’d greet me with his bright smile while making breakfast. Sighing softly, I plopped down on the couch and grabbed a nearby cushion, hugging it close to my body. Sure, I missed him, but I couldn’t let my feelings get in the way with his career. I was about to turn on the TV to watch some television when a certain object caught my attention.

“Hm? What’s this?”

I leaned over and grabbed the magazine that was resting on the coffee table. I carefully scanned the cover; it had the words The Star in a bold, eye-catching font and in a clean, white color. I flipped it open to a random page, and was pleased to find that Hoseok and his group had a few pages dedicated to them. As I skimmed through the article, my eyes immediately stopped when I landed on the words “ideal type”… and it was under Hoseok’s name.

I swallowed a lump in my throat as a sudden feeling of nervousness washed over me. I’ve told myself countless of times not to worry over such petty things… after all, he was my boyfriend already, and it was positive that he wouldn’t leave me for anyone else.

Or would he?

Chewing on my lower lip, I hesitated for a few more minutes on whether or not I should read it. I knew that a rational person would close the magazine and put it down if they knew that they would over think… but unfortunately, curiosity got the better side of me. I began to make a checklist of the things he had said was his “ideal type”.

“A girl who loves me.” Check.

“Who thinks a lot…” Check.

“Loves reading…” Check.

“Good at cooking…” Wait, what?

I could feel my heartbeat accelerating, and not in a good way. I am, and will probably always be, the worst cook on the face of the planet. I could barely make a bowl of instant noodles without messing up once or twice. Last time I tried to cook something, Hoseok nagged me to no end, and officially declared that the kitchen was his territory and I was not allowed to go in to make anything.

I contemplated for a few seconds. Just today, I’ll have to break the rules…because I know that once I’ve created a culinary masterpiece, or at least, managed to make something without burning the house down, Hoseok would have to forgive me for using his kitchen. Smiling determinedly, I pulled out my tablet and began to search for recipes that I could make.

---

Note to self: Never ever attempt to cook again.

I didn’t set fire to my home, fortunately. However, I somehow managed to ruin every single ingredient that I had used to try to create that so-called “culinary masterpiece”. The kitchen was a mess, and I knew it would take hours for Hoseok to clean it. Considering how tired he’d be by the time he returns, I decided that the least I could do was tidy everything up before he--

The sound of the door unlocking made my entire heart drop to the pits of my stomach.

“Babe? I’m home!” Hoseok’s cheery voice reached my ears.

“Oh my god, I’m so screwed.” I whispered to myself.

“Where are you?”

“Here!” I responded.

Moving quickly, I came out of the kitchen and stood in front of the door. I tried to look as natural as possible. He smiled brightly at me and I smiled back at him. He pulled me into a bear hug; his embrace was so tight that the side of my face was practically glued onto his chest. I squirmed around slightly before he finally decided to let go.

“I’m in a fairly good mood today, so let’s make dinner together!”

“W-wait--“

I tried to stop him from entering the kitchen and seeing the wreck that I had made. However… it was too late.

Soon, the entire apartment was filled with dead silence.

Hoseok didn’t turn around. His voice suddenly became several octaves lower than usual, and it sent a chilling shiver up my spine.

“Babe…” It sounded forced, “What did you do?”

“I… tried to cook something for you.” I whispered, lowering my head in shame.

He whirled around and I looked up a little; I could see that he was completely infuriated.

What did I tell you about the kitchen? I told you that you are not allowed to make anything unless I’m with you! I’ve said it many times before, so can you please just listen to me for once? I’m doing this for your own sake! What if you got burned? What if the entire house went up in flames? The last thing I want is to lose-“

“I know!” I shouted, cutting him off. I could feel the tears threaten to fall. “I know! It’s completely my fault and I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to disobey that rule... I…”

Hoseok’s expression immediately softened.  A small sigh escaped his lips as he took my hands into his and stared deeply into my eyes. With a serious look, he asked in a gentle tone,

“Why did you do this then?”

“It’s a stupid reason.” I muttered and looked away.

“Look at me.” He said as he turned my gaze back towards him, “Just answer me honestly. I won’t judge.”

“I…wanted to fit your ideal type.”

There were a few seconds of silence before Hoseok burst out laughing, letting me go in the process. I immediately frowned and slapped his arm.

“You said you wouldn’t judge!” I protested.

“Yeah, I said I wouldn’t judge, but I didn’t say that I wouldn’t laugh!” He replied, wiping away the tears from the corners of his eyes.

When he finally noticed me pouting disapprovingly at him, Hoseok smiled at me softly before leaning in to give me a kiss on the lips.

“An ideal type is an ideal type and you’re you… but guess what? I like you just the way you are.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

SO SHORT

SO CHEESY 

I'm sorry if any of you cringed :'D I wrote this just for fun because I thought naggy Hoseok was the cutest thing ever~ Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this, and as always, comments/upvotes are greatly appreciated!

I leave you with a J-Hope gif (ft. Jeongguk and Jimin)