Chapter 4

SECRETS OF A FALLEN ANGEL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Sandara is standing in front of a white house, her pink luggage placed neatly by her side.

 

It’s now or never. She thought.  She tried to muster all her courage but a part of her is telling her not to do it. It’s too risky.

 

She heaved a heavy sigh and muttered under her breath.

 

“I shouldn’t be doing this. This is wrong. Why did I even think of this stupid idea?” Panic stricken, Sandara shakes her head and is about to turn around and leave when a woman in her late fifties came out of the white house and beckoned her to come in.

 

Uh-oh. I guess there’s no turning back now. She gave her a timid smile and followed the woman inside.

 

This feels weird. She can actually see me and talk to me, she thought. Her heart is beating so fast she’s just a few heartbeats away from having a heart attack.

 

“I recognized you from the picture on your application. Aigoo! You’re prettier in person. Please sit down and make yourself comfortable.” The woman said admiringly and gave her a warm smile.

 

Sandara sat on a lush plush chair and looked around. The quaint house feels very homey and inviting. The living area is adjacent to the kitchen and dining room. There’s a staircase right after you enter the house connecting the bedrooms to main floor.

 

“So, like I said in our telephone conversation the room upstairs is available and move-in ready. Your room will be on the second floor. Just turn right when you reach the top of the stairs. If you need anything, my husband and I are staying in the room on the main floor just off of the kitchen. You can use any part of the house as much as you want except for the room upstairs in the eastern part. It’s off limits.” The woman wearily said while looking toward that part of the house solemnly.

 

“Why is it off limits, if you don’t mind me asking?”

 

“My son lives in that part of the house…He…uhm…he  needs…privacy.”

 

“Oh. Okay.”

 

“Well, I better show you to your room. I bet you’re tired.”

 

They are about to stand up when a man suddenly entered the house. Sandara looked at him and saw him looking at her with confusion.

 

Sandara felt like he’s staring at her for an eternity when Mrs. Choi interrupted.

 

“Aigoo. Seunghyun, you’re early today. Come, I’d like you to meet our new tenant, Sandara.”

 

“Tenant? Since when do we accept tenants in this house?” He angrily shut the main door behind him.

 

“Son, we’ll talk about it later okay?” Mrs. Choi replied. She nervously looked at Sandara hoping that she won’t change her mind.

 

Sheesh! He’s scary. Sandara fidgets with the hem of her skirt while looking down on the cold floor. She couldn’t look him in the eyes since she’s still not used to people seeing her. She can feel his calculating eyes piercing her whole being.

 

“What if she’s a burglar, bidding her time until the day she can rob us? Do you even know her?” Seunghyun angrily asked his Mom not minding that Sandara can hear his accusations.

 

“EXCUSE ME?! “ Sandara interjected, her eyes bulging in anger. Never has anyone talked about her in that manner. She suddenly felt courageous and started pouncing like a deranged lioness.

 

“Are you insinuating that I’m …Oh my God…I can’t believe you would think that I’m…Do I look like a burglar to you?” Sandara flared in anger. She looked left and right as if asking for a fist fight. She wants to kick him and pound him to pieces.

 

“Precisely. You don’t look like one but you might be one. We can never be too careful nowadays.”

 

dropped open from hearing the atrocity that’s coming from the mouth of this handsome creature.

 

“Ahjumma, if your son doesn’t want me to be here, I’ll just leave. I don’t want to cause any trouble.” Sandara gathered her luggage and bowed to the old lady.

 

“Wait, Sandara. It’s just a misunderstanding. I’m pretty sure my son was just overreacting since I didn’t inform him before hand. Right, son?” Mrs. Choi nudged him to agree with her.

 

Seunghyun saw the eagerness in his Mom’s eyes. He melted at the sight of his weary mother.

 

Sigh.

 

“Yes. You may stay.” Seunghyun shook his head in annoyance. He’s the one at fault. If he didn’t stop going to work after Bom passed away, they wouldn’t have a problem with money. Now he must try to live with the fact that he let his parents down and it got to a point where they need a tenant to help them pay with their bills.

 

“Say please.” Sandara said, her lips pouting.

 

“I beg your pardon?” Seunghyun said, his eyebrow twitching in annoyance. Did she just ask me to beg her to stay? Who is this woman?!

 

“I said,’ Say please’.”

 

“HA! Are you being funny?” Seunghyun raked his hair in frustration.

 

“Am I laughing?” Sandara flipped her hair to the side and inched closer to his face, which made him move his face closer to hers. Not wanting to back down, they stared at each other’s eyes in defiance, not minding the close proximity of their faces.

 

“Ahem. Just do what Sandara asked, Seunghyun. You did kind of suggest that she’s a robber.” Mrs. Choi smiled with mischievousness.

 

“Omma. Are you siding with her and not with your own son?”

 

“How hard can it be to say please? We can’t stand here all day.” Sandara crossed her arms.

 

“Alright! Alright!” Seunghyun lifted his hands up in surrender. “Please stay. Happy now?”

 

“That’ll do.” She said. She secretly giggled at how he looked so defeated. His Mom giggled as well from seeing his son interacting with people again.

 

He left the two women and decided to just shut himself in his room.

 

Sandara, you might be the answer to my prayers. Mrs. Choi thought as she looks at her son walking away.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

“SHE DID WHAT?!” Jaejoong ‘s voice echoed in the Hall of the Gods when he realized what Eros has just said.

 

“Jaejoong, relaaax.” Eros looked around in panic as the other angels looked at them in wonder.

 

“RELAX?! You’ve got to be kidding me, right? Showing herself to this Seunghyun in order to give him a makeover just to be presentable to his destined lover doesn’t make any sense. I bet there ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter