Chapter 1

Birthday Presents

"I am home!" you yelled just after you reached your house. You put your shoes in the shoes rack and walked to dining room because you believed all your family member are there. You sat in front of your dad, beside your cousin ~ Yuri.

"How was the meeting, ____?" Your dad took his spoon and put the food inside his mouth.

Yuri handed you a glass of water and your mom prepared your food in front of you. You took the spoon and started to eat your dinner.

"Everything was great. It's not like they deal wth the agreement but.." You took a sip of water from your glass and continued to explain to your dad about your meeting with one of an annoying unmature guy that your dad matched you both.

"But he said he will reconsider the contract again. Pfft. I dont know what he was thinking, at first he said he was okay then asked to meet for signing the contract. And now he wanted to think again. I believed after this he will ask to arrange a formal meeting again!"

Your mom smiled to you, "It means he likes you, _____. He always has a reason to meet you!"

"Mom, i don't like him, okay? So it's bothering me too much when he did that." You pouted to your mom, and you can't stare to your dad because to be honest, you are afraid of your dad.

"But he is your fiance, ______" Your dad pointed to you with his fork in his hand.

You shook your head, "I can't believe i agree with your arrangement.. I know you guys wants me to get married, but please, not with that unmature man." Yuri laughed a bit to your response. She knew the reason not because of it, but because you have boyfriend already.

"He has name,____"

"Oh ya? i dont even remember his name! I called him Mr.Lee" You continued eating, you want to finsih dinner as soon as possible because you are afraid they will ask more question about you and Gikwang ~ the unmature man! (*just pretend that Gikwang is not an idol ^^*)

"Whatever, tomorrow you will have dinner with his family, have you prepared your gown?"

You coughed hard. You totally forgot you have dinner tomorrow with his family, and you totally cant make it because tomorrow evening you will go to Korea so you can reach Seoul the day after tomorrow just when your boyfriend - Yesung's birthday! You kicked Yuri's feet , asked for a help , because you can't say you will go to korea. Your dad will probably locked you in your room if he knew it, because he hate korea to the max!

"You forget???" Your dad asked in high toned. He knew that you dont like Gikwang but he hopes you showed him a respect by accepting the engagement. He was afraid that you will fall in love with korean guy because he hates korean so much and the reason behind it just because his last girlfriend was korean and your sister died because running with korean guy. 

"I cant go, i have important meeting tomorrow..." You felt tensed in your body because you lied and you know you werent good in making reason.

"What meeting?"

You can't think about it. You shouldn't have to say a meeting as a reason. Your dad is a CEO to the company, if there is an important meeting, he must knows what it is and who is the other parties. 

"It's about the contract with Korean Company, uncle. Do you know two months ago there is korean supplier who offered us a nice land in Korea? I replied to their email, and he agreed to show us the land this weekend. The price and the location is very good for our business if you want to go international. So, the other director asked _____ to go to Korea since only her who knows Korean language among all the directors. That's why she needs to go tomorrow evening to Seoul." Yuri helped you answered your dad question. Yuri worked in your company too as Executive Manager. She knew many things about your company and your dad likes her worked so much because of Yuri, your company expanded to many countries.

"If like that, then you need to go.. How long will you stay?"

"Just until Monday evening dad. If eveything is good there, i might signed the first agreement in monday morning."

"Have you told Gikwang that you are going?"

You stared blankly at him. You didnt talk much with Gikwang today since it's a business meeting. Gikwang as director from his company, never talked about personal life during business meeting. He would call or message you after that but you always give him cold replied. You kicked Yuri again to help you but she shook her head, she also speechless.

"I told him that today. He will drive me to airport tomorrow evening from office." You smiled to your dad. But he still didnt believe you. He took his phone and made a call. Once the other answered it, he put it on loudspeaker.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Gikwang! This is ___'s Dad. Are you busy?" Your dad smile and you sighed, he never smiled happily like that to you, his daughter!

"Ah, Mr.James! I am not busy, just reading all the agreement in my room."

"You such a dilligent man. I am sorry if i interupting your time. But i need to ask you something.."

You felt sweat run in your forehead. You squeezed Yuri's hand, you were afraid if your dad find out that you were lying to him.

"____ said that she need to go to Korea tomorrow evening, so she can't go to dinner  with your family. She said she told you already and you will drive her to airport? Is it true?" Your dad locked his eyes to you.

There is silence in Gikwang and you couldnt stare to your dad or your mom. You pretended to eat your unfinished dinner but actually you felt your heart beats so fast.

"Gikwang, is that true?"

"Ah.. Mr.James. Sorry, i was signing a document so i dont hear you clearly. What are you asking?"

"You will drive her to airport tomorrow right?"

"Yes, of course. We made a deal this afternoon that i will pick her tomorrow at her office and then go to airport."

You turned your head to your dad. You couldnt believe what Gikwang said, he saved you?

"Oh, so you know already bout her trip?"

"Yes. it's a business trip right?"

"But do you happen to know what it is about?"

"No, Mr. James. It's officially a secret she won't tell other parties even I am her fiance. We haven't married yet and i am from other company who hasn't signed any contracts to join our company together. I am completely understand if she doesnt want to tell me because it's for the safety of your company, Mr. James."

You can't believe it. You really can't believe Gikwang said something so cool like that. The thing is, you never told Gikwang everything about you but he happened to know how to handle your dad. You saw Yuri'sface, she made an "WOW" expression to you.

"Say sorry to your parents that she can't have dinner together."

"No worries, Mr.James. I did told them. Because i also can have dinner together with them either."

"Why? Gikwang you don't need to cancel the dinner just because of her..."

"It's not like that Mr.James. It's because i will accompany her to go to korea tomorrow. You know, just want to make sure eveyrthing will be okay. And i want to protect her since i am his fiance, right?"

*********

 

WHAT THE HELL WITH GIKWANG???

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU GO THERE WITH GIKWANG?

YOU WANT TO MEET YOUR BOYFRIEND NOT HAVING HONEYMOON WITH HIM!

>>> continue to next chapter<<<