Chapter 29

My Fake Girlfriend

            After the couple got out of the airport, the show staff had already arranged a van waiting for them.  Seeyang wanted to make lunch for her grandmother and Hyunsu, so the pair went to the grocery store to grab items.  She was going to make some beef mandu, sundubu jjigae, and japchae.

            “Good morning, Grandma!” said Seeyang, with a smile.

            “Good morning, Grandma.” bowed Jonghyun, nervously.

            By the time the two got to the house it was already 10:15.  Seeyang’s grandma had greeted them at the apartment gates with Hyunsu.  Grandma let out a light laugh.  “It’s nice to finally meet you, Jonghyun.” she said, softly. 

            Seeyang’s grandmother was a very petite woman, but looked very healthy and young for a 74 year old woman.  She probably stood at 147 cm, shorter than Seeyang, and Jonghyun thought that Seeyang was short.  Seeyang’s grandma was a very warm person.  She reminded Jonghyun much of his own grandmother who had passed away when he was in 3rd grade.

            Seeyang has told Jonghyun that both her parents were taller than her.  Her mother was 164 cm and her father was 180 cm, but she ended up being 152 cm instead, which makes genetics frustrating for her. 

            “Jonghyun, has Seeyang been taking good care of you and CN Blue?” asked Grandma.  She wanted to make sure that her granddaughter was taking good care of them.

            “Yes, she is.” he answered, nodding his head.  “The dorm feels empty without her when she’s not visiting.”

            “Oh, I’m glad.” said Grandma, nodding her head.

            “Appa!” said Hyunsu, walking from the kitchen.  Seeyang threw him a glance from turning over one of the mandus on the hot pan.  Hyunsu went into Jonghyun’s arms with a huge grin, giving him a hug.  “Appa, I missed you!!”

            “Hyunsu, I missed you too.” smiled Jonghyun, as he hugged the little boy.

            Grandma let out a laugh.  “Hyunsu, why are you calling Hyung, Appa?” she asked, as she lightly patted the little boy’s back.  “That is not polite.”

            Jonghyun laughed as he pulled the little boy into a tighter hug.  “It’s OK.  I like him calling me Appa.” he said.  He turned to look at Seeyang in the kitchen.  “And, I like how he calls Seeyang, Umma.”

            “Yah, you two really are close.” laughed Grandma.

            “Yes, we are.” nodded Jonghyun, as Hyunsu pulled away from the hug and touched his face.  He looked down at the little boy with a smile.  Hyunsu, then, took a seat in Jonghyun’s lap.

            “I’m really glad that Seeyang was able to find someone that really likes her for who she is.” said Grandma, with a smile.  “I can leave this world knowing that she’s in good hands.”

            “Grandma, don’t say words like that.” said Seeyang, from the kitchen.  “It’s not like we’re even married.”

            Grandma laughed.  “A grandmother can always hope, Seeyang.” she said.  “Besides, you don’t want to marry someone as good looking as Jonghyun?”

            “No, that’s not it.” said Seeyang, with a smile.

            “If you marry Jonghyun, you two will have the perfect children.  Good looking babies with genius minds.” teased Grandma.

            “Ah!!  Grandma, why do you have to talk about such private topics when Jonghyun is here along with the recording crew?” asked Seeyang, desperately.  Everyone laughed at her shyness.

            Grandma turned to Jonghyun with a smile.  “I know that you two are young and at the peak of youth, so you two are not thinking about marriage.  But, it’s nice to give this old grandmother a form of hope.” she laughed.

            Jonghyun smiled.  “I’m glad that you understand.” he said. 

            “I’m pretty sure you are aware of the fact that Seeyang’s parents got married when they were 21 years old, right?” asked Grandma.  Jonghyun nodded his head.  She turned to the shelf behind them and pulled out a photo album.  Grandma turned back to Jonghyun, as she opened the album and pointed to a picture.  It was a picture of a young couple in a set of traditional Korean wedding clothing.  “This was Seeyang’s parents, when they got married back in 1989.  They were really young and at first I didn’t let them, but eventually I did.  Hwan Chinho was a good, smart young man and an orphan too; he was able to take good care of my daughter well even though his life ended too soon.”

            “Oh.” nodded Jonghyun.  It was interesting to know more about Seeyang’s parents.  She had never explained them much to him in detail and he had never bothered to ask, afraid it might be too painful for her to discuss about them.

            “I’m pretty sure that Seeyang never discussed much about her parents, right?” asked Grandma, with a smile.  Jonghyun nodded his head.  “I didn’t know this, but according to her closest friends, they didn’t even know that Seeyang was parentless until last year.  And, they have been going to school together for almost 5 years now.”

            As Grandma explained to Jonghyun about Seeyang’s parents, she was working in the kitchen, making sarcastic remarks about her parents.  “My father was a pretty tall guy and my mom is taller than me.” said Seeyang, as stirred the stew.  “What I don’t understand is that, why am I so short?  A 164 cm woman mated with a 180 cm man and they ended up with a 152 cm kid?  This is just unbelieveable!!”  The cameraman laughed at her comment.  “When I read about natural selection in my biology text books, I want to rip out those pages and burn them.  Natural selection does nothing for me.  I get all the resessive genes.”

            “As in how so?” asked the cameraman, trying not to laugh.

            Seeyang looked up at the camera.  “Just as I mentioned, my parents are tall and I am short.  I am still the same height I was in 7th grade; I haven’t grown a millimeter at all.  Then, everyone in my family has dimples, if you look at my grandma smiling right now, her dimples are showing!!  My dad didn’t, but still.  Dimples are completely dominated in my family, except for me!” answered Seeyang, full of angst.  “Then, everyone in my family is lean and, once again, I’m the only one that isn’t!  I gain and loose weight really quickly, especially with gaining weight.  Not only that, but…  I have certain attributes about me that made many assume that I went under the knife, which is completely false.  I’m not as good looking as my parents were either…  Ah!!  Natural selection is not fair!!”

            The cameraman laughed.   “But aren’t those some of the reasons that made Jonghyun fell for you?” he asked.

            “Why did Jonghyun fell for me?” asked Seeyang.  “I really don’t know.  As long as we’ve been together, I’d never really thought of what made him attracted to me.”  The cameraman laughed.  “I have a crazy life, huh?”  She laughed as she turned off the stove.

 

**NOTE: Seeyang is...  Sarcastic when it comes to her parents...  Which I think is nice.  I mean, she has to move on from her parent's deaths, right?  But, it's still sad...  T.T 

Hope that you guys enjoyed this chaper.  Hyunsu is always so CUTE!!!  XD

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 10/9/2010 @ 6:36 PM PST