This is War

Cheesecake Wars

“One slice of cheesecake please,” . These were the five words that started the war.

You took your slice of cheesecake to an empty table, and noticed a peculiar feeling. Like someone was watching you. Glancing around, you noticed a young man staring at your direction. He looked to be around twenty years old. He’s pretty handsome, but why is he staring at me? Oh no! He’s coming over!

The handsome man had got up and was now walking towards you. You pretended to not notice and played it cool.

“Hi, my name‘s Daehyun” He said with a smile. He’s even more handsome when he smiles!

“Hey,” You said coolly. What does he want?

“I see you have some cheesecake,”

“Yeah, I do” Then, he asked:

“Do you see that kid over there?” He said while indicating at a boy that looked to be in his mid teens sitting at a table alone, looking lost.

“That’s my kid brother and he’s really hungry. He’s too young to work and doesn’t have any money. So would you mind giving him your slice of cheesecake? Please?” He said in a sad voice, and as if on cue, the kid brother gave you puppy dog eyes from across the room.

“Why don’t you buy him some cheesecake?” You responded.

“Because I don’t have a job.” He replied. Suddenly, Daehyun’s kid brother was standing next to Daehyun.

“Hey, Hyung how much are you going to pay me to sit and convince this girl to give you her cheesecake? I’ve been waiting for so long!” The kid said.

“Zelo I told y-”

“Wait,” you interrupted “You’ve been paying him to help you trick me into giving you my cheesecake?”

“Well, not really tricking you it’s more like convincing you without telling you the truth. Besides, you were the one that took the slice that I was going to buy! The LAST SLICE!” He retaliated.

“Forget it! I’m going home!" And with that you took your cheesecake and went home.

"You mess with my cheesecake, you mess with me! THIS IS WAR!"

And that was how you and Daehyun met each other.

 

 

 

The next day you went to the same shop and ordered yet again, another slice of cheesecake. And yet again, the same handsome young man who had tried to steal it was there, and making his way towards you as you sat down.

“Hi there,” He said

“Are you here to try to steal my cheesecake using innocent children?” You said. “Or are you going to be using puppies this time?” You said with a sarcastic tone.

“Look, I just wanted your cheesecake because I really like cheesecake and you took the last slice” He told you.

“You could have just told me that in the first place before you lied to me”

“So do you forgive me?”

“Yes, I guess I’ll forgive you” you said in a defeated tone

“Great so can I have some cheesecake?”

“No”

“Please?”

“No”

“Would you give it to me if I sang a song for you? I’m really good at singing!” And before you could stop him he started singing at the top of his lungs. “HWA JEOM, NAEJIMA, HAJIMA JEBAL GEUREOJIMA!!!”

Everyone in the coffee shop looked at the two of you curiously. Embarrassed, you tried to stop him but he wouldn’t stop until you took a forkful of cheesecake and shoved it into his mouth. You win this time, Jung Daehyun.

 

 

 

During the next couple of months, the two of you became closer and closer. You went to Daehyun’s baseball games, where you met his baseball coach, Bang Yongguk. (You thought he was more like a sergeant from the army). You also met Daehyun’s best friends Yongjae, Jonggup, Himchan and Daehyun’s younger brother Zelo. Daehyun had even given you his phone number, and the two of you had many meals together (The both of you shared a love for food.)

 

One day, he had asked you to meet at the same coffee shop where the two of you had become friends. You accepted and showed up at the shop a few minutes early.

When Daehyun arrived, you had already sat down. You stood up and walked over to him to greet him. He gave you a smile.

“Sorry, Daehyun but there’s no more cheesecake, I checked.” You said.

“It’s alright, I didn’t come here to eat cheesecake.” And with that, he took hold of your hand and suddenly gave you a soft kiss on the lips. It was abrupt but the message he wanted to give was pretty clear. “I wanted to tell you that ever since I met you and became friends with you I slowly started to fall for you….I love you.”

It took a moment to let the words sink in. Jung Daehyun loves me. He just confessed to me. Just then, you remembered the times you spent together, the times that made you happy, the times that you looked forward to the most.

“I…love you too.” You said. Daehyun smiled, and gave you another kiss, this time a little bit more longer than the last.

 

 

“Wait, why do your lips taste like….cheesecake? I thought you said there was no more?” Daehyun asked.

“Um……”

“Don’t tell me….YOU ATE THE LAST SLICE?!”

 

That was the day you got your first boyfriend, and also the day you won the Cheesecake Wars.

 

 

Hrello! This story didn't really go according to how I had originally planned to write it. ^^; This is my first one shot so I apologize if this isn't as good. I enjoyed writing this though. Please comment your opinions, I'd love to see how I can improve