Chapter One

I Hate to be Sandara Park
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I arrived home a little later than usual. Exhausted from the overtime work asked by my boss in the part time job that I have, I lied down on the couch and stared at the ceiling blankly. Sometimes it’s too much for me when I could have live my life in a much comfortable manner. I sighed as I put a stop to my thoughts. I shouldn’t think like that. I’ve pretty much supported myself with my hard work and I don’t need someone else’ help.

 

Yawning, I stretched out a bit and slowly bent down to remove my favorite black checkered slip-on shoes. Then I threw them hastily towards the door without thinking of the value of the shoes. It’s pretty expensive if I remember it correctly. To think they were my favorite pair as well.

 

I yawned again as I leaned my back on the velvety cushion. The softness of it felt so wonderful that I don’t want to stand up from where I am. I just want to continue lying down and rest for a while. Living alone brings peace and sereneness that I loved. Yeah, some women my age would probably say I’m wasting my life or that this is just plain boring. But who cares?

 

I’m already half asleep when I first heard the ring but I decided to ignore it. Whoever was calling should just call me back tomorrow or maybe next week or maybe just don’t call. Answering any calls in my mood would not result to something good. Exhaustion does something to my mood and I knew it very well. I would really pity the person on the other line if I answer it. Usually, the phone would stop ringing after a few tries but this one was insistent. It kept on ringing and ringing until the hope of sleeping peacefully left me.

 

Grouchily, I reached out for the phone but it was just too far away for my short limbs. These are the few times I hate being petite because I have a short reach. Stupid, right? I shook my head. I can’t believe I’m talking to myself again. I must be really tired.

 

I was about to stand up to answer the phone when it stopped.

 

Thank goodness. I thought in relief. Well, it was just a quick relief since the phone rang again but this time the caller seemed to give up in reaching her and decided to leave a message. So I sat down as I listened to the message.

 

“Dara-unnie!” The happy yet slightly strained voice called my name and I smiled as soon as I heard it. Of course, who wouldn’t smile if your sister whom you haven’t spoken in months called you? Just hearing her voice was enough to ease the tiredness. Then I heard my sister continued, “Mingkki here! You were probably in there and just lazy to pick up the phone.” I laughed as she guessed it right. “…Or maybe you weren’t really there and I just thought badly of you…” I shook my head as I continued to listen. “If that’s case, sorry in advance, unnie, you can scold me later!”

 

Then I heard a loud thump and my sister screeching in pain followed afterward. I was ready to pick up the phone to check what happened when I heard my younger sister yelled, “Yah! Daesungie!”

 

I sighed in relief as what followed was the giggling voice of my younger brother, “Well, I just have to hit you or you would spend an hour rambling over the phone about random stuffs. I just felt sympathy towards noona who has to listen to our message, pabo.”

 

“Pabo! Who’s a pabo?!” I heard my younger sister shouted. I bet this would last for an hour before she calmed down. My sister is such a firecracker at times that I wonder how we two can be related at all. Even Daesung, who cracks once in a while, is a little quieter than her.

 

“Now, now…” I heard Daesung say as if he was calming down a five year old kid. “Let’s get back to what you were saying to noona.”

 

“Oh right.” I heard Minzy say. “Unnie, have you heard from Papa?”

 

‘Papa?’ I whispered thoughtfully.

 

“Papa said you’re going back here? I miss you so much so I’m so excited!” Daesung’s exclaimed in excitement and I can just imagine him smiling from ear to ear. “I can’t wait to see you noona!”

 

“Unnie may not have heard from Papa yet!” Minzy yelled and I think I heard a slapping sound from the line. Well, what is new about the twins fighting over something? They always squabble over little things.

 

However, this time,

Please log in to read the full chapter