Much of an Insult

Little Did I Know

 

Sang Hee’s POV

 

The world works in a diverse number of ways. It's trifling how the world can be so organized by natural means yet so complex in its own way. It's just that it's amusing and irritating at the same time. Rising to power creating an equivalent poverty of its own, human emotions changing the natural figures of intangible and tangible subjects, people fighting over the things they don't care about, and fathers forcing their daughters to attend parties filled with thirsty snakes.

Honestly, it's not amusing anymore. It just remains utterly irritating.

“I won’t attend that party, Dad.”

“You would, it’s perfect!” He beamed like attending the party could find a cure for cancer.

“I can see a lot of more useful things to do than go there and drink champagne as men with beer bellies in tight Armanis talk about business like they know anything."

“Honey, don't think like that.”

“You want me to socialize? Dad, are you—“

“Give me a good reason, and I'll think about it again.”

“Sure.”

“Go ahead. I'm waiting.”

“I, Han Sang Hee, am the captain of my own ship. I decide what I want to do, Dad. I'm tired and I want to sleep. Scoring a business deal with the Dubai investors, though easy, was stressing. So please, give me a break.”

“Sure, honey. I'm giving you a break. You did a great job with that deal.”

I smile. Finally he realizes. "Thanks Dad."

"The party will be the perfect break for you. I heard Butler Shim already placed your gown in your room. Enjoy!"

 

I couldn't give justification to how I feel. Beyond irritation would be an underestimation. To be completely honest, I attend parties. In fact, I enjoy them. But I like the parties that fit my age bracket, not his age bracket.

 

“Fine. I’ll go.”

 

Well I have this principle in life to always challenge myself. And that smile on my Dad's face right now, I admit, it's a little... adorable. 

 

 

Narrator

 

A sleek black limousine arrived on the grand gates of the Park Mansion. Elegantly coming down was a fair, y lady. Everyone knew her just because she made a name for herself. A red flowing Valentino gown hugged her curves perfectly as her shining Louboutins clicked gainst the marble floor gracefully.

 

“Good Evening, Young Miss.”

Sang Hee turned around, her expression unchanging as the man smiled at her. She gave him a curt nod.

“A glass of white wine will do.”

The man's eyes widened, his expression uncertain. It was at the middle of confused and insulted. “W-what?”

“Oh, they don't serve taht here? Are you aware what beverage they serve?”

“No. I’m Park Yoochun, and I think I'm not who you think I am.”

"Honestly, I'm only thinking about getting something to drink. Are't you too assuming to think that I would think of who you are, when obviously we know you are someone who works as a server for tonight? Are you even allowed to talk to guests like that?”

At that very moment, a waiter walked by carrying a tray of beverages.

“You. Tell your fellow waiter to get his working right.”

“Ma’am he’s….. He is……” The waiter's eyes rounded with surprise. His lips quivered as he stuttered.

“A serious case.”

 

With that she walked away, her brows slightly furrowed.

 

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

Daebak.

I finished Business Management in a well known university, and even got a masters degree at an equally prestigious university. Heck I'm even studying as of now for my doctorate. Do I look that bad to be called a server? A... waiter?

I can't comprehend the situation very well or maybe I'm refusing to comprehend it. My pride is something I take extra care of, and I'm not even ashamed of that. My family has built this name with hard work and persistence, so I take my share of being proud and taking pride.

But what that girl just did, it's seriously degrading. It's even more degrading that I feel offended because I'm supposed to be just smirking at her ignorance.

 

“What happened, bro?” Yunho hands me a glass of red wine, interrupting my train of peeving thoughts.

“Brat.” I murmur and walk away, gulping the wine in a matter of seconds. 

 

One can be beautiful, but one can also be stupid.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

:)