Final

Before Christmas

"Go, just go. Go to her!" Hyosung angrily exclaimed.

"No, just listen to me, Hyo, listen to me first," pleaded Kikwang. "You've got it all wrong".

"If you don't, I will." Hyosung said as she gathered her belongings into her bag and prepared to leave the house, when Kikwang held her wrist. "No, I will" he said sadly as he left the house.

Hyosung looked at Kikwang's back view as he left. When she heard the sound of the door shut tight, she knew she couldn't take it any longer and crumbled to the floor. The tears she had held back just now flowed continuously. She wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hand and looked out of the window. Its snowing, she thought. Not knowing what to do next, she decided to take a stroll outside.

It was dark, and the streets of Seoul were lighted up beautifully, indicating that Christmas was nearing. Feeling cold, Hyosung tightened her scarf, but that didn't keep her warm for long. She then discovered she wasn't wearing her gloves. "Aish. How could I forget the gloves?" She mumbled to herself. She rubbed her hands together and huffed a deep breath.

When and where did we begin to drift apart, that we fight so often? Hyosung thought. She fished out her cellphone from the pocket og her coat and checked for missing calls. However, there were none. Kikwang didn't even call.

Is he really going to ignore me? Should I call him first? Hyosung continued thinking to herself. She continued walking down the streets when she suddenly stopped. She looked through the glass window and saw a pair of lovers, sitting exactly at the same seats Kikwang and her sat on this day a year ago. The couple had also ordered a blackforest cake, just like what Kikwang had ordered for her a year ago. Those memories came flooding back to her mind.

1 year ago:
"Hello!" Hyosung exclaimed and waved when she saw Kikwang waiting for her. She walked over to the seat opposite him, and Kikwang, being a gentleman, pulled out the chair for Hyosung.

"Thank You" Hyosung said. She smiled at him, revealing her gums.

"You're welcome. I get to see your gummy smile up close again" he chuckled as he went back to his seat. "I'll bet you'll reveal your gums again when you see what I've ordered"

"What did you order?" Asked Hyosung as she placed her hands on her cheeks.

"You'll know later," Kikwang smiled, showing his trademark eyesmile. Hyosung pouted, showing her displeasure. She badly wanted to know what Kikwang had ordered. She hated being kept in suspense. "Stop pouting, although you do look cute with that pout" Kikwang said as he caressed the bridge of her nose.

"Here's your order, mister" the waiter said as he placed the order on the table. Kikwang immediately withdrew his hand back and replied "thank you".

"It's blackforest cake! How'd you know that's my favourite?" Asked Hyosung, smiling and revealing her gums when the waiter left.

"I have my own ways" answered Kikwang. "Here, eat it" Kikwang said as he placed one slice of the blackforest cake on Hyosung's place.

Being too engrossed in eating, Hyosung didn't realise that she had some crumbs of blackforest cake on the bottm of her lip.

"Tsk, look at you" said Kikwang. "You have blackforest cake at the bottom of your lip"

"Where?" Asked Hyosung anxiously. She had forgotten about eating deumurely after seeing the blackforest cake. "Is it here?" She pointed. She was about to use the napkin to wipe off the crumbs when Kikwang came forward, holding her chin. All Hyosung felt was then, Kikwang's lips on hers.

Seconds later, she felt Kikwang's lips leaving hers. She stared at him, wide eyed in shock. Did they just kiss in public?

"What's wrong? You didn't like it?" Asked Kikwang playfully. He loved teasing Hyosung and seeing her face turn red from the teasing.

"We just kissed, in public!" Hyosung said softly.

"I'm afraid we did" Kikwang answered cooly, crossing his arms and leaning back against the chair.

"How can you act as if nothing happened? Did someone see us? What if your fans saw what we did?" Asked Hyosung. Yes, they had kissed before, but never in public. Both of them were idols, and she was worried for him rather than herself. She knew how crazy some fangirls were.

Kikwang chuckled at Hyosung's questions. He looked at her anxious face and grinned. He took her hands in his and said seriously, "Hyo, listen, no matter what, I'll always be there for you. No matter what happens, we'll always be together. Who cares if we're idols? As lons as we know we lov each other, that's enough". Hyosung looked at Kikwang's serious face and smiled. Yes, as long as she knew both of them loved each other, that was enough.

Now:
"Miss, do you need anything?" Asked a waitress from the door of the cafe. "You've been standing outside for quite some time"

Hyosung turned around and looked at the waitress. She nodded and followed the waitress into the cafe. She ordered a blackforest cake.

Just then, Kikwang stepped into the cafe. He didn't notice Hyosung, as her back was facing him.

"Could I have a blackforest cake? I want it nicely wrapped" he said to the waitress.

"I'm afraid not. This lady over there has just ordered our last blackforest cake." Kikwang turned his head and saw the peculiar hair colour he would always recognize. "Ah, its okay" he said. He walked over to the lady, knowing it was Hyosung.

"Hey" Kikwang said. "Can I take a seat here?" Hyosung turned her face away. Kikwang decide to take the initiative in patching things up with Hyosung, and so took the seat opposite her. Although Kikwang could only see Hyosung's side profile, he could make out tears forming in her eyes. Was he making her cry again? He thought.  He hated to see Hyosung cry. He wanted her to be happy. After a stuggle, he finally stood up from his seat and left the cafe quietly. Were they going to end like this? He thought as he walked down the streets of Seoul.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of heels clicking. He turned around, and a familiar figure hugged him. The cold wind blew, and he buried his face in her hair.

"I'm sorry for making you angry. I promise I won't go out with Chorong alone again, neither would I see let the reporters see me with another girl again" said Kikwang as he hugged Hyosung tightly. He would never let her go, never again

"No, I'm the stupid one. I shouldn't have gotten angry over something so minor. I'm so sorry, you have the right to hang out with other girls too" said Hyosung.

Kikwang let go of her and saw that Hyosung's face was strewn with tears. "Don't cry, baby." Said Kikwang as he wiped the tears off Hyosung's face. Hyosung smiled.  

Kikwang caressed Hyosung's cheek, and leaned forward, capturing her lips.