Chapter 1

I don't remember

I could hear the faint sound of the door lock click open and the jingle of keys against the door knob. Then followed by the clunk of shoes being kicked off a pair of feet and a brief case being dropped to the floor. I love this sound more than any composition of music ever made. This sound is sweeter than any candy ever sold. This sound makes my heart pump faster than any work out ever could. And I love this sound because it means someone is home. And no one is ever home. 

 

Just because it seems too good to be true I scurry to the door way, neaing slipping over because of the lack of traction in my slippers. I peek over from the door way wall. I blink two times to make sure. I rub my eyes to makes sure its not a dream. Then pinch my arm for reasurance. And lastly, I smile. 

He's here. 

 

Loosening his tie, he looks back up at me  to smile. I hurriedly come over and help him out of his coat and hang it on the wooden hat stand. 

"You're home," I smile harder. 

"I am, aren't I?" 

"You're home.." I chuckle. 

"Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm home. Unless this is not my home and I'm mistaken young lady-"

"You're home!" I laugh wrapping my arms around his neck. "You're really home!"

"I take it that you miss me?" He said with arms slowly reaching around my waist. 

"Himchan, I-I love you!" 

"You remembered?"

"Your name is Kim Himchan! And I love you!" 

 

"You finally remembered!" 

Pulling back I looked down at my feet and wiggled my toes in the carpet like a child. I didn't want to dissapoint him. He just got back home from such a long time. And all I could do is say the man's name. And the only reason I remember his name because I spent some time looking through his old credits cards in the dresser to maybe jog some memories. 

 

"It's okay," He sighed putting a hand on my head. "Atleast it's something.." 

"I-I," I blurted in guilt. " But..but.. I do love you! I love you Himchan!" 

"Don't stress yourself honey." He said walking past me and in to the living room. "You don't have to force yourself if you don't remember."

"But I do-" I said to myself. "Love you.."