Κεφάλαιο 1: Adventure Under The Earth

Twelve

 

~~
 
Chapter 1: Learn the Basics
Κεφάλαιο 1: Adventure Under The Earth 
 
 
~~
 
 
This is where this whole field trip thing started. 
 
 
"Hey, Phoebe dude. Want to go to your Grandpa?" The man in a formal suit (exactly suit and tie) slapped Phoebe's back playfully. She scratched her head, confused of his words. 
 
Phoebe was slightly wondering if the 'Grandpa' he mentioned was her destructive grandfather Kronos, who was securely locked up at the deepest, darkest part of Tartarus. It was guarded 24/7 by her Uncle Hades but it didn't prevent her heart from hammering so fast.
 
Facing her grandfather's wrath was probably the last thing she'll do on Earth, that's for sure. 
 
Phoebe quickly shook her head. She was sure of her decision, of course. "Grandpa... Kronos?" The name made the hair on her back stand up in a blink of an eye. The man gave out a hearty laugh as if the joke was exceptionally hilarious. "Dude, are you kidding me? Of course not!" Phoebe heaved out a heavy sigh.
 
"Uncle Prometheus, could you please specify names next time?! The family tree's so big; I don't even know who to call uncle or grandpa or cousin or sister." Phoebe bumped her head on the headboard of the bed. She was studying the basics of Greek Mythology all over again. 
 
Being in the Orphanage wasn't an excuse to study the family, even if the Orphanage already taught the demigods what they should know and what to prevent. Prevention is always better than cure.
 
'Well, it's not my fault if they have abnormally active teenage hormones every millisecond,' Phoebe thought.
 
"Oh sure! Wait, which grandpa?" Phoebe asked, punching her last piece of clothing inside the mountain bag she owned in case of emergency adventures like this. Not to be boastful, but everyone in Olympus loves her. She's their number one, to be exact. Prometheus smirked, offering his hand to his artificial granddaughter. "Just wait and see."
 
 
 
Greek Myths 101: Uncle Prometheus
 
Prometheus is Phoebe's favorite grandfather (in his father's side)-slash-uncle as he would always prefer. Since he has lived for the past two thousand and thirteen years, Prometheus likes to act as a young, respectable man who can cope up with the contemporary generation; which is why he always wears a formal suit. It's not exactly the trend but he feels as if it's 'in'. 
 
According to studies (and Prometheus' stories to Phoebe), he was a Titan who sided with the gods at the time of the Great War against Kronos. It was believed that Prometheus was punished by Zeus due to his pity to the humans he created for not having fire to warm their bodies. So basically, he broke Zeus' command. Stubborn to be exact.
 
And also, he loves calling Phoebe 'dude' to feel young even if he's a thousand years old.
 
 
 
"I see you've come back," Atlas huffed. Carrying the entire world isn't that easy you know! He might be a buff man with a good built, but it was definitely hell to carry the world day and night for thousands of years (and more to come). "Are you here to mock me again, huh, brother?" 
 
"Oh, I'm not here alone. I've brought a special visitor I'm sure you'll recognize." Prometheus snickered as he pulled Phoebe from behind him. Atlas' legs became wobbly after seeing Phoebe's features. "P-Phoebe...?" Phoebe took a step back, unsure of what to reply to his said grandfather.
 
"Phoebe, my beautiful. Help me! Your husband! Oh, how I wished this moment to happen!" The man with the world on his back reassured his position to avoid the world from falling. Phoebe stood like a stone statue. How can Atlas recognize her if they just recently met? How? 
 
"You must be mistaken. I'm Phoebe, your granddaughter, a demigod. My father is the Almighty Zeus, the King of the Gods, the Skies." Phoebe plastered a lovely smile (cause she's friggin' photogenic) while she introduced herself. She was proud of her standing in the family. 
 
"Oh..." Atlas trailed off, "...I thought you were Phoebe, my wife. You see, you have most of her features, and a bit of that brat." 
 
"Brat?" 
 
Prometheus rubbed his forehead. "Aphrodite. He has this hobby of calling her that. A brat." In the teenage girl's mind, she slightly agreed. Her auntie Aphrodite was quite a brat in attitude but damn, her gorgeousness was so damn high. True, she had the genes of a true beauty. Physical beauty.
 
"Phoebe, dude, we have to go. Your father's calling for you." Prometheus said, saluting to his brother, Atlas. Phoebe glanced at her watch, blinking repeatedly in different colors. It was his father's way of inviting her to Olympus in times when he would want a father-daughter time. It happened frequently these days and she wondered why. 
 
"It was nice meeting you, though. I'll see you again next time Grandpa Atlas?" Phoebe asked, arranging her blue wrist watch. Atlas managed to fix a smile on his face. He never grinned once since the time Zeus gave him his punishment of carrying the oh-so heavy celestial sphere. He convinced himself that this girl was indeed something. Something more than the gods, in fact.
 
Prometheus dropped of Phoebe by the gates of Mount Olympus. There at the middle was a white capitol-like structure standing firmly. He was a Titan and Titans weren't allowed to enter the gates of Olympus. Or else, he would burn into ashes and disappear into thin air. 
 
"Bye Phoebe dude!" Prometheus did a check sign in the air, which Phoebe returned and bade her goodbye.
 
 
~~
 
 
"You have to, brother! This is the only chance to prepare for the Oracle's vision," Aphrodite clenched her fists, slamming them onto the grand oak table. Zeus stayed still as he placed his hand on his forehead, rubbing his temples. The gods were arguing whether they should find their other children scattered at some part of the Earth. 
 
"I have to find my son! I can feel that he's the one who could inherit all my amazing hand combats." Ares crossed his arms along his broad, tough chest.
 
"I have to find mine too, Ares. With just your skills, you wouldn't survive any war without my military tactics." Athena boasted, leaning on her chair with a brow lifted. 
 
Zeus heaved a sigh. It was always like this. Hera was right all along. He shouldn't have placed Athena and Ares beside each other, it would only lead to another bickering that would affect the rest of his brothers and sisters. And now, they're experiencing the two's effect. 
 
"Okay, okay!" The god of the sky threw a thunderbolt onto the sky as to gain their disheveled attentions. "Who has a son and/or daughter outside? Besides the ones from the Orphanage?" Zeus asked, his voice was stern. Almost everyone seated at the table raised their hand.
 
"Ares, Athena, I, Apollo, Poseidon, Hephaestus, Hades, Dionysus, Hermes and Demeter... Are these the only ones who has a child outside of the Orphanage?" Zeus questioned the Olympians. "Going once. Going twice. Then it's settled, we will prepare for the Oracle's vision. As for the quest, I'll have to place this order to the head director of the Orphanage." 
 
"Most of our children are in South Korea, brother. I have no knowledge whether my child is a male or a female but I am one hundred percent sure that they're there. As in, right now." Athena spoke up to break the ice. 
 
"Why South Korea, though?" Demeter wondered. Aphrodite replied, "They were the trend back in the 1990's, darling." She ended up with a flirty wink which the latter shook off at once. 
 
"So, are you saying they're somehow by the age of Phoebe?" Artemis drank a cup full of nectar and chomped off some ambrosia. 
 
Hades eyes remained expressionless, but deep inside his heart was fully interested in this topic. His son was somewhere in South Korea, without a father. Among the gods, Hades was the most concerned when it comes to the topic of family. He has this regret of an unsupportive father, although he only has one child and that only child was in Seoul. He didn't know where but he was sure of it. Hades was more than willing to fill the years when his son experienced the absence of the protection of a father. 
 
"Hades, my brother, what is your say about this?" Poseidon tilted his chin up, confident that his son would be proud and tall like he was. 
 
"This is Phoebe's quest." Hades murmured, his eyebrows creased. Zeus leaned forward as if his brother was unsure of what his words was. "Pardon?"
 
"Should I say it once more or are you just simply deaf?" Hades bitterly answered. 
 
"But it's dangerous! You do know Phoebe is the only living daughter of mine. I'm hesitating if I have a child but it would be nice if she would come and find out. But, it's still risky for her to travel alone!" Zeus half-shouted, half-said.
 
"Phoebe's quest or no quest. At all." Once Hades spit out his words, there was no coming back. True to his words was this man. Zeus pondered for a while but agreed nonetheless. 
 
 
 
 
~~
 
Author's Note
 
Hello readers! 
 
A long chapter for you shows how much I collected ideas for a mere chapter. Hmm, clues are scattered in this chapter and I hope you'll find it to solve who's child is who's. Kindly comment out your thoughts, m'kay? Who do you think your bias' godly parent is? Is it the god of wisdom's (Athena), the god of music and light (Apollo) or the god of war (Ares) or maybe, the god of the underworld (Hades)?
 
I can't wait to read your comments. I'm sure I'll burst out laughing when I reveal the members' parents one by one. And since it's exo we're talking about, do expect to read some crack conversations here, especially to the children of Ares and Athena (since their parents are always bickering). 
 
I'll update my other fic tomorrow, and that's final. Maybe, another chapter for this fanfic. The next chapter would consist of the first demigod. Cross your fingers and hope he's your bias!
 
Happy reading everyone!
 
xoxo,
--shootingstar
 
~~