I Love You.

First Date, First Kiss

Note: Daehyun isn't an idol here. 


Two teenagers were who we were. Two broke teenagers at that. Daehyun was my boyfriend and he insisted on us going out on a date, even though we probably only had ten bucks in our wallets. But, hey, spending time with my boyfriend? That's the best thing imaginable, even without a large amount of money to buy us a proper dinner. 

 
It was six at night and Daehyun picked me up from my place. No, we didn't drive, like those other couples who go off to fancy dinners. We're not like that. Simply walking together was enough for us. We like spending time like this anyways. Walking slowly down the streets with our fingers intertwined, the sun setting while the moon starts to become visible in the semi-dark sky.
It was chilly that night, the feel of winter was obviously setting in. Shivering, Daehyun noticed my sudden discomfort because of the cold. We were both wearing sweaters and I had no idea how Dae could possibly last in that. Without a word, he pulled me close, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, trying to warm me up with his body heat. I smiled at his simple yet sweet gesture and kissed his cheek in thanks. 
 
Words aren't needed between us sometimes, just being in silence, in the presence of each other was enough for us. I leaned my head against his shoulder and I felt him kiss the top of my head. We actually haven't had our first kiss yet. But there's no rush, we have plenty of time to be together, now and in the future. Still, no words were spoken. The silence would be considered deafening and awkward to others, but to us, the silence was perfect.
 
You'd wonder why it's not awkward between the two of us, being it's our first date. Simple. We had no reason to be awkward with each other. We've known each other for years, we've been best friends for years. I'm not saying that I wasn't nervous, knowing that it would be our first date. I was extremely nervous. But the moment I saw Daehyun at the front step of my house, smiling that gorgeous, bright smile of his. My nervousness faded away.
 
Suddenly, the silence was broken by a gurgling sound, emitting from Daehyun... His stomach to be precise. I chuckled, and lifted my head from his shoulder. I looked at him knowingly. He was hungry. I'm guessing he didn't eat before picking me up. He grabbed ahold of my hand, and led me towards the nearest 7/11. We're broke, and I didn't mind. I'm not a picky person. And anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the only place where we can afford food, aside from other fast-food restaurants. But, where's the romance there? 
 
"Hey, what do you want to eat, love?" Daehyun asked as he gently squeezed my hand. 'Love', his nickname for me. Calling me 'babe' wasn't his thing. He preferred cute, 'old school', petnames. Jagiya, Love, Sweetheart, Dear, Hon... That was his thing. And occasionally, he would call me 'baby', but not often. I looked at him and smiled, "Anything is fine with me."  
"Arasso~", he said before buying the both of us hot dogs, nachos and one Double Big Gulp. We went over to the table near the slushies and ate there. Romantic, huh? It actually was. We joked around as we ate, we talked about multiple random things. It was all foolishness. 
 
The both of us ended up drinking at the same time. I was focused on the receding drink and I didn't notice Daehyun staring at me lovingly. When I finally realized that he was looking at me, I ended up blushing. He winked at me playfully and he gently pinched one of my cheeks. "You're so cute." Daehyun smiled. 
 
I chuckled softly, "Thank you..." I took another sip of the drink, and I found him looking at my lips. I was about to ask him what was wrong, but no words came out of my mouth when he caressed my cheek. I melted into his touch, and slowly, he leaned in closer to me until our lips touched. Softly kissing me, he whispered three words against my lips. Three words that would linger in my mind forever.
 
"I love you."