CHAPTER 1

Unreversible Love

Three hours late was the last straw. 

How can he stood up a girl who had sacrificed her all to be with him and decided it was okay to treat her like . 

The way i see it, the clearer it became. The past few months were disastrous for him and i have just to pretend that it was okay and bear it in like i had no feelings. Those promises, oaths and sweet talks were only excuses for him to get my attention before. After he got tired of me, he threw me out like a rotten apple. Better yet,  rubbish. Just plain rotten rubbish.

 

"Oppa, are you busy? Did you forget about our date? I've been calling you since 2. Where have you been?" 

"I'm busy, can we postpone?"

"But its our 200 days together. Today was supposed to be special."

"If it was that special, you've should had mention about it ages ago. You know how i hate last minute plans."

"Oh okay then oppa. Mianhaeyo. See you later."

 

I immediately pressed the end call button.

"I'll take you out to your favourite restaurant on our 200 days celebration. I promise, love"

What utterly bull.

One of the line that had me crawling to him when he first took an interest of me.

How i was ignorant about the whole thing, how i was stupid to even beleive him and how i was stupid to fall in love with him.

 

Rays of sunlight beamed on my polished shoes as I walked down the street. My knee-length emerald dress with my favourite black tote bag was completed with all of my hair held up without any strands escaping. Feeling tired and agitated about the whole thing, tears started to stroll down my blushed cheeks. After getting ready for the whole morning just for the so-called "special occasion", my face is smeared with make-up. Now i look like a homeless clown on the loose.

While clasping both of my hands out of coldness and continue to wander around the familiar neighbourhood, I recalled how me and Gikwang met on our first day.

 

"Do you want to sit down?"

"Oh thats okay, I'm fine."

*putting the bag on my lap"

"Here you go." 

"Well aren't you a charmer. But i didn't mind standing up though"

*Gikwang sitting down beside me"

"I'm Gikwang by the way. And you are?"

"Yoona. Im Yoona."

"Hee hi! Where are you heading?"

"I'm going to a nearby cinema to catch up on new movies. How about you Gikwang-shi?"

"Oh i just got back from my workplace. You sure are a movie-maniac. I have a few friends just like you. You should meet them sometime."

By saying that with a kid's smile, I replied back with a light nod and a warm smile to end the conversation. The first thing that was in my mind was how confident the guy was with his messy hair style, navy blue shorts with his white top slung over a striped cardigan. And i liked how he initiated the whole friends and meeting them to a girl he recently encountered. It was somehow attractive. 

As i plugged in my earphones to my favourite song, which was a song from Clazziquai, he took out a book from his bag. I was not really fond of deep guys who carries a book with him whenever he goes but i wasn't interested on starting a relationship. He was just a stranger I invited to sit down on a public bus. Keep that in mind Yoona, stop thinking about how cute he smiles with his dimples completely shown off of his cute cheeks. Get a reality grip!

Whislt closing my eyes listening to "She Is", I can feel a slight touch on the edge of my cardigan. It was his head. He fell asleep after 3 minutes taking out the book. Unintentionally, I looked over to see what he was reading. Turns out it was a book with pictures of various sceneries in HD. And those pictures are certainly his not from websites and such. I was assured by a picture he took of  the clear and peaceful sea. I can see his reflection reflected on the surface of the water. And how my hands shriveled from his slight touch on my shoulder. I felt momentarily disheveled and disturbed. 

I sat still for almost 15 minutes. How i held up my heavy breath countless of times just so that he didn't noticed while he was sleeping. Suddenly the bus was travelling over a huge bump. His head was falling on my lap just like a lovable puppy. Adjusting his head to my lap, he looked like a little kid. A sad one. The kind of kid who needed a hug whenever he's down, the kind of kid that did not receive enough affection from his loved ones and the kind of kid who needed a friend beside him whenever he's lonely. 

I SHOULD STOP! I MUST STOP! STOP THINKING EXCESSIVELY IM YOONA! BE MORE MATURE PLEASE!

I lightly shaked his shoulder and whispered.

"Excuse me Gikwang sshi"

He woke up looking a bit confused and he made a cute yawning sound.

"I'm sorry,but I'm going to get off the bus in 5 minutes. Sorry for disturbing your sleep."

"That's okay! Didn't realize i was disturbing your personal space earlier. I'm sorry too Yoona sshi."

"That was nothing. I'll get off now. Nice meeting you!"

By greeting him with a slight bow, I smiled earnestly.

"Nice meeting you too Yoona sshi. I hope we can meet in the future!" he said and ending the sentence with a slight nod accompanied by two of his mesmerizing dimples.

 

How nice would it be if that ended that way. By just being a complete stranger.

Little did i know, his second encounter changed me a whole lot.